GDT: #1 | FLYERS at San Jose | Wed. Oct. 4, 10:30 pm ET| NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Thabks MSE!

I am excited for the year but Hak has to go. The coaches we have had since lavi just don't know what they are doing. I'll be all for the PP coach taking over when they fire Hak. Look at what all those higher end coaches have done since hiring at the time of Hak.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I am excited for the year but Hak has to go. The coaches we have had since lavi just don't know what they are doing. I'll be all for the PP coach taking over when they fire Hak. Look at what all those higher end coaches have done since hiring at the time of Hak.

Coaches hired in the 2015 offseason:

De Boer - .601
Hakstol -.561
McLellan - .527
Blashill - .524
Babcock - .500
Hynes - .470

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_NHL_head_coaches

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Looks like Ghost is practicing hard but might not be medically clear till after practice. Also Burns left practice early. I'd trade Ghost and a rookie for Burns sitting any day of the week lol

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
McLellan and Babcock are trending upwards and Hynes has **** to work with.

He doesn't even have any pigmentation.

300x300.jpg

That Russian guy is not going to approve of me getting personal. Had to be done, I'm afraid. F*** the Devils.

Reactions: Rebels57

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Man people love to coach-bitch a lot. I mean, whose a really fantastic coach; Babcock, Lavi, Sullivan is decent but who the f*** couldn't coach the Pens with that roster?

Even with all the dumb stuff he seems to do, who else is actually legitimately better than Hakstol right now?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Man people love to coach-bitch a lot. I mean, whose a really fantastic coach; Babcock, Lavi, Sullivan is decent but who the **** couldn't coach the Pens with that roster?

Even with all the dumb stuff he seems to do, who else is actually legitimately better than Hakstol right now?

As I said the other day, the fact that other coaches enrage their fanbases, the fact that Hakstok is not alone in making dense decisions, is not a reason to just shrug our shoulders and go "meh" - these things (i.e. his faults and shortcomings and stupid haircut) deserve to be talked about, scrutinized and criticized.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Or if Ghost is ready, perhaps Morin and Ghost play together and the Manning-Hagg pair gets bumped to the press box...

That would make the fans happy for the most part but it seems like Hagg has the inside track for a starting spot.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Or if Ghost is ready, perhaps Morin and Ghost play together and the Manning-Hagg pair gets bumped to the press box...

That crossed my mind as well, but given that Hagg is the only one that they announced made the roster outright, I have to think that he's going to play. I have no idea what to make of the defense right now.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Man people love to coach-bitch a lot. I mean, whose a really fantastic coach; Babcock, Lavi, Sullivan is decent but who the **** couldn't coach the Pens with that roster?

Mike Johnston

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Remember when Marty McFly dressed up in a Hazmat suit with his Walkman and said he was Darth Vader so could scare the shit out of George McFly and convince him to ask Lorraine to the dance?

We need to pull a stunt like this on Hakstol to convince him to dress 3 rookies on D.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Remember when Marty McFly dressed up in a Hazmat suit with his Walkman and said he was Darth Vader so could scare the **** out of George McFly and convince him to ask Lorraine to the dance?

We need to pull a stunt like this on Hakstol to convince him to dress 3 rookies on D.
Dress as VandeVelde and tell Hak that if he doesn't dress the three rookies, he'll never play for him again under any circumstance. I imagine he'd listen then.

"Last night, Chris VandeVelde came down from planet UND and told me that if I didn't dress Sanheim, Morin, AND Hagg On Wednesday, that he'd crush my soul!"

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
At this point, literally the only thing I care about for Wednesday is whether or not Manning is in the lineup.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
At this point, literally the only thing I care about for Wednesday is whether or not Manning is in the lineup.

I'd say 80% he is NOT playing 1 rookie being healthy scratch is doable, but 2 makes no sense

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey

Johnston couldn't. When he got fired and Sullivan got hired it was night and day. Sullivan is a fantastic coach, top 5 in the league easily. Pains me to say it, but its true. Flyers dominated Pittsburgh because they were so poorly coached

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad