Game stats and info:

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS vs. SAN JOSE SHARKS

th
th

nolan-patrick.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION
  • Television: NBCSN
  • Radio: 97.5 The Fanatic [ http://975thefanatic.com/ ]
  • Streams: Do not post or request any streams or links to unauthorized sites.
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' WEBSITES
images

FLYERS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines
28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
22 Dale Weise - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 11 Travis Konecny
20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
Shayne Gostisbehere - 23 Robert Hagg
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

Goalies
30 Michal Neuvirth | 37 Brian Elliott (starter)

FLYERS' INJURIES and SCRATCHES
15 Jori Lehterä (expected to be a healthy scratch)
5 Sam Morin (could play or be scratched)
6 Travis Sanheim (could be a healthy scratch)

FLYERS' POWER PLAY UNITS
1. Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek - Valtteri Filppula - Shayne Gostisbehere
2. Travis Konecny - Nolan Patrick - Sean Couturier - Ivan Provorov - Jordan Weal​

SAN JOSE SHARKS

th

SHARKS' POSSIBLE LINEUP
Lines

Left Wing
Center
Right Wing
Kevin Labanc
Joe Thornton
Joe Pavelski
Mikkel Boedker
Logan Couture
Joonas Donskoi
Jannik Hansen
Tomas Hertl
Timo Meier
Joel Ward
Chris Tierney
Melker Karlsson
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pairings
Paul Martin Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic Justin Braun
Brenden DillonDylan DeMelo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalies
Martin Jones (starter)
Aaron Dell
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
SHARKS' INJURIES AND SCRATCHES
Ryan Carpenter
Barclay Goodrow
Tim Heed

SHARKS' POWER PLAY UNITS
No.1 Mikkel BoedkerJoe ThorntonJoe Pavelski Logan CoutureBrent Burns
No.2 Joonas DonskoiTomas Hertl Timo Meier Marc-Edouard Vlasic Justin Braun
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

GAME DAY MUSIC

"For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)"

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Until the lines and pairings are announced, a temporary GDT has been established.

We are still in the process of working out the quirks from the migration. As such, some of the data may appear differently.

Info is subject to change especially with regard to personnel.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I can get pissed all I want, but in the end, this roster look like a better roster than last years. I don't think it's the best roster they can put out there, but that's a philosophical difference in opinion.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I can get pissed all I want, but in the end, this roster look like a better roster than last years. I don't think it's the best roster they can put out there, but that's a philosophical difference in opinion.

Its a fact, not opinion :nod:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Game 1 in SJ with a badly struggling PP, we will be lucky to get to OT and nab a point. Id be content with that.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
If manning an amac are both in the line up, I think there is a better chance the team starts 0-5 than being over .500 in that stretch. October as a whole could be real ugly.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So? If Ghost is out, will Morin/Sanheim/Hagg all play?
Hextall said the kids aren't here to sit in the pressbox, we assume 1 was going to play and Manning was the 7th. It didn't look that way the way the preseason ended, but the fact of the matter still sticks, why keep one of Sanheim or Morin just to sit? It doesn't make any sense.

It's possible one sits with Ghost out as they might not want 3 rookies on the blueline to start the season, but I'm still optimistic that all 3 play while Ghost is out.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim would have to play if Ghost is out. Then it becomes a Morin vs. Manning situation.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim could play as a 1 unit PP QB
0% chance he jumps Provorov this early in the year for that role.

Going back to my previous post, I was just reading Bill's blog today and he seems to think Manning is not an option to be scratched if Ghost misses time. Fun.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
The perception of Manning and Macdonald being useful is truly outstanding, the beats and now Bill really follow that company line even though they aren't part of the company.

They are 100% useless.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The perception of Manning and Macdonald being useful is truly outstanding, the beats and now Bill really follow that company line even though they aren't part of the company.

They are 100% useless.
Bill writes for the team. I don't think he's going in totally blind.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I would say its 95% Mandog plays, that Isles lineup was our line up. Maybe Sanheim gets in for Ghost, but Morin and Sanheim are both not dressing, that is as close to a lock as you can get.

But as posted above, the team is def better than last year, just nowhere near as good as it could be.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
I cannot get a read on what they are doing on D if Ghost missed a few. I could see all the rookies playing, just two, who knows? When he's back, I do think Manning is the 7th.

However, he's not going to be the one who makes or breaks us playing 15 minutes as the #6. We need some scoring and a goalie who stops the ones he's supposed to stop.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
0% chance he jumps Provorov this early in the year for that role.

Going back to my previous post, I was just reading Bill's blog today and he seems to think Manning is not an option to be scratched if Ghost misses time. Fun.

There is no logic in this whatsoever..

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bill writes for the team. I don't think he's going in totally blind.

I don't think that's a factor. He was much higher on Grossmann than the average fan on HF or HB, and I don't think he was working for the Flyers in any capacity back then.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't think that's a factor. He was much higher on Grossmann than the average fan on HF or HB, and I don't think he was working for the Flyers in any capacity back then.
Last week he said Manning wouldn’t be in his lineup so no.

The team asks him to write a season preview. I think we can read in between the lines a little bit. Manning also played the dress rehearsal. The Flyers like the guy.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
NHL talent evaluations are proving to be a big concern with Hakstol & Hextall. Overvaluing mediocre players way too much, and they wonder why they didn't make the playoffs?

Hmmm..Maybe because you played PEB/VDV all the time and constantly played Manning & MacDonald.

Those factors don't help.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
And it took a pretty big hot streak at the end coupled with Mason being on his game to sneak into the playoffs.

Lets not ignore the complete punt the Penguins did on the game they clinched.

15-16 seem like the exception, not the rule.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
What time will puck drop be tomorrow night? Trying to figure out if I stay up or try to watch the game at work on NHL app. Im guessing 1050 ish with player intros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad