GDT: #1 | FLYERS at San Jose | Wed. Oct. 4, 10:30 pm ET| NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I can't complain too much out here in Washington. I will get to see the first two games (according to my DVR). I am just happy hockey will be back for real and I get to see my team play. Although, depending on how they perform, this may be the zenith of my excitement in seeing the Flyers play. I hope not, but right now I'd say I'm 65% optimistic (better roster), 35% cynical (use of said roster)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
They really know how to kick us in the balls.
So negative.

:surrender

Still interested to see:
How our present lines get matched up against by SJ....and the results.
How good our #2PP could be.
Elliot...no bad goals please

Scared for:
Filp in the slot on the PP
Mac and Manning show

Excited:
a 4th line that appears to be good
The rookies that do play: Patrick, Leier, Hagg...

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
This might be the least excited I've been for the Flyers opener ever.

They mangled this roster and it starts at 10:30

This 10:30 opener BS is ridiculous. I have to get up at 5:30 the next day. No way I will be able to watch the entire game. Yeah really fair to the fans NHL. Thanks a lot.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
If manning an amac are both in the line up, I think there is a better chance the team starts 0-5 than being over .500 in that stretch. October as a whole could be real ugly.

no, the Flyers usually win games when everyone counts them out.
if San Jose was terrible and playing a AHL goalie I would bet on a sure loss.

This 10:30 opener BS is ridiculous. I have to get up at 5:30 the next day. No way I will be able to watch the entire game. Yeah really fair to the fans NHL. Thanks a lot.

Well, me personally I dont mind. I get out of work a midnight. I will get to listen to the game on Sirius on the drive home

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
no, the Flyers usually win games when everyone counts them out.
if San Jose was terrible and playing a AHL goalie I would bet on a sure loss.

You forgot to mention ex flyers with massive scoreless streaks lighting the lamp

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Well, me personally I dont mind. I get out of work a midnight. I will get to listen to the game on Sirius on the drive home

I'm happy for you, but I bet you the number of Flyers fans actually watching this game will be incredibly low.

Probably looking like it'll be closer to an 11:00 start.

Oh yeah, I forgot that the like to make opening games start half hour later. Even better.

A real fan would quit their job and watch.

Yup, that assumes that i'll even be able to keep my eyes open at 1:00am tomorrow

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I can't believe they haven't practiced yet lol I a need Ghost update for fantasy lol

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Thinking back to fall 2009 I can remember opening at home only twice. The lockout year against the Penguins and another year (2014 or 2015 maybe) against the Leafs

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I'm happy for you, but I bet you the number of Flyers fans actually watching this game will be incredibly low.

what time should they start it? 5PM local?
on the flip side there are times when west coast teams have 1 PM weekend games here, which are like 10 am games local for them.

we get the California trip out of the way right off the bat. I dont mind it actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad