GDT: #1| FLYERS at Boston |Wed., Oct. 8, 2014| 7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
We'll need last year's best road PP in the league (25%) to show up tonight. Even without Krecji, Boston is the best 5 on 5 team in the league bar none. An area where we need to show some serious improvement.

That said, I have high hopes tonight for a nice upset being the largest underdog of the evening.

Boychuk usually always gives us fits too. Whoever brings their wheels tonight should win the game unless a single goalie ***** the bed.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
thank god I slept til noon today, makes it that much less time that i have to wait for hockey!

Let's go Flyers!

If I could wish for anything this year besides a healthy season, it would be for no more slow starts. With a full training camp with Berube and the more dedicated offseason our players had, I'm hoping that slow starts are a thing of the past.

Also, Voracek seems determined to be the PPG player everyone wants him to be and I think this is the year he lives up to that.

2cfb507bb30bdf692f26f672dbf198a1fac55f9ef915a4721aece864dd73c15e.jpg

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Does anyone here know if the DirecTV/Comcast dispute over CSN is over yet or if I'll be stuck blacked out for another year?

MadFerIt95*

Cant wait to see what this Bellemare guy can do in the NHL, I have a good feeling about him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Two early smooth flights, bags didn't get lost, let's ****ing do it. :handclap:

Got a tear cabbing by the rink. :cry:

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Two early smooth flights, bags didn't get lost, let's ****ing do it. :handclap:

Got a tear cabbing by the rink. :cry:

Have a blast Benny!

and really, try a Mama's Pizzeria Cheesesteak on Belmont Ave. It's not only the best Cheesesteak I've ever had, it's the best food i've ever had. They're not open on Sundays, be warned.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Going back home tomorrow... figured I'd get a Philly Cheesesteak from the only place within 200 miles who do a real one to celebrate the start of the season...

Searched online and the restaurant that does them has closed after being bought out by a steakhouse. :shakehead One of the best places to eat in my hometown as well. It was an institution. There are one or two other places that pretend they do them... but they don't really.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
If the forwards play 2way hockey like they should our Dmen won't be as bad as people think. Forwards chipping pucks out of the zone and not trying to be to fancy will go along way for our D. Unlike year last where most of the periods were played in our own end I think we will be a better team this year but it will be hard to make playoffs. All the best to the team and hopefully a solid year.

Problem is we got some D men that tend to panic with pressure (intense forecheck with speed) and "chip" pucks blindly....leading to all sorts of running around. A good first pass helps but you do need good skaters too. Schenn and Grossmann are physical but not good on the transition as far as skating on a breakout.

MDZ and AMac present the opposite problem....good skaters.....not great with contact.

This is why I guess Berube is trying to make complementary pairings.....like Coburn with AMac and Schenn with MDZ. Then Gross with Streit. Unfortunately, apart from the Streit pairing with Gross right now....the other two pairings are suspect IMO even with the forwards trying to make a concerted effort to help out...

Yet the one aspect that will determine whether the season is rags or riches remains the Flyers' defense. They looked discombobulated, at times, in preseason, which is why general manager Ron Hextall tried to orchestrate a trade to free up a roster spot for prospect Sam Morin.

Two of the three pairs have changed and there is no Kimmo Timonen back there to settle things down if chaos overtakes them.

During breakout practice this week, Berube made them do it again and again, yelling at them that they weren’t getting up ice quick enough.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/defense-will-determine-flyers-success-14-15

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I had insomnia last night....this game better be exciting b/c 3 hrs of sleep ain't gonna cut it until 10pm...

Reminds me of this kid in HS who didn't do his homework and said his excuse to the teacher would be that he had insomnia.....brilliant! :laugh:

Evergreen

Being on the west coast sucks as a Flyers fan. I will probably get to watch only weekend games this year.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is probably extremely exciting for Akeson, after spending so much time in the AHL after going undrafted, he finally gets a shot in the NHL.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
God, I'm already tired and it's not even 10pm.

I just got up and it's 11:40pm. It's been a long day and I was in bed for almost two hours trying to get some sleep but I just can't! Time to make some coffee and put my jersey on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad