Jul 28, 2004
Work tomorrow is going to be...:facepalm:

I can't wait. Hockey is back

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
We're gonna lose, aren't we?

Oh crap, we just might. Let me whip out the insurance policy.

pitbull-o.gif

There. Win assured.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
We could always get the infomercial fail gifs going if things aren't starting off so well, it seemed to be good luck last year.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
I actually think the flyers are going to be much better than most people think. I think by the end of the season we will be viewed as having one of the deepest offenses in the league. I think Schenn will get 55/60 points, couts will get up to 50, and vinny will get 25ish goals. And i also dont think our defense is as bad as people say, but dont like the pairings we are currently using. Grossman is not as bad as people say, i think defensively he is quite good actually, schenn will keep getting better (not amazing but better), and the rest of our defense is what it is. I can see streit hitting 50/55 points

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Here we gooo. Solid GDT as always.

Lets go Flyers \o/.

With Krejci being injured, their forward crew really doesn't look that scary. We should be able to match up well against them, just have to rustle Rask early on.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Here we gooo. Solid GDT as always.

Lets go Flyers \o/.

With Krejci being injured, their forward crew really doesn't look that scary. We should be able to match up well against them, just have to rustle Rask early on.

This could be the year the Bruins have a bit of a dip... Chara will be 38 by the end of the year, Seidenberg is coming off a nasty injury, Boychuk traded, they have not really replaced Iginla (though Reilly Smith has the ability to step up) and Cunningham, Spooner and Fraser are pretty unproven in the NHL (though Spooner has pedigree).

Glad Bobby Robins made the team though, hope he suits up, the guy has an awesome blog, is an interesting guy and has worked his arse off to get where he is.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
Hoping to see a lot more out of Jake this season, hopefully this game. Love this quote from him:

“You can’t have discussions with everyone, but in the end, it’s all up to you,” Voracek said when asked if he needed to hear that from someone else. "How you prepare and work for it. The guys who work for it, usually make it. I was doing everything I could this summer to get to that next level. I changed my diet, which I never thought would have been possible two years ago, the way I love food. It’s not funny. I really sacrificed to be that player that people think I can be.”

It's a Panaccio article, so take it for what it's worth, but the quotes from Jake are promising: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/jakub-voracek-doing-everything-get-next-level

Last edited:

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This could be the year the Bruins have a bit of a dip... Chara will be 38 by the end of the year, Seidenberg is coming off a nasty injury, Boychuk traded, they have not really replaced Iginla (though Reilly Smith has the ability to step up) and Cunningham, Spooner and Fraser are pretty unproven in the NHL (though Spooner has pedigree).

Glad Bobby Robins made the team though, hope he suits up, the guy has an awesome blog, is an interesting guy and has worked his arse off to get where he is.

Boychuk trade makes no sense...for picks no less. Must have been traded for reasons that shall not be revealed ..

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
That Bruins forward group certainly looks beatable.

they do. Krejci being out makes it a bit easier matchup wise. I still think they are going to struggle in the faceoff dot against the Bruins. always seem to no matter who they throw out there. scoring first is a must against that team especially early. don't fall behind or the Flyers will be suckered into their type of game.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
They had to make a trade cause they were over on the cap

Yes I know but he meant a lot to that team on and off the ice. GM was limited with having to sign Krug et al but I just question whether they really considered the impact of his loss..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad