GDT: #1| FLYERS at Boston |Wed., Oct. 8, 2014| 7:30 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
A little less than 12 hours and a full work day stand between us and hockey being back. It's not like I'm counting down the minutes or anything though.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I have a good feeling about this game tonight! [although that might just be gas]

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
This is going to be the longest work day in recorded history. 19721 hours of experienced time in an 8 hour window. I will be visibly older by tonight.

(also, I have been collecting even more gifs, be ready)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yes I know but he meant a lot to that team on and off the ice. GM was limited with having to sign Krug et al but I just question whether they really considered the impact of his loss..

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/04/big-short-term-risks-trading-johnny-boychuk/JxEfJ9pazM1IeG2btGdyrI/story.html

Pretty good discussion of the rationale behind the trade. Short version- they were going to lose him after this season so they got what they could.

“I’m sure the guys are bummed, and they’re probably a little bit bummed at me for doing it,” general manager Peter Chiarelli said of the teammates Boychuk is leaving behind. “But it’s about making the team better now, tomorrow, the next day, the next day. Arguably, this doesn’t make us better now, obviously.”

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Flyers hockey is finally here:

giphy.gif

"It's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Unstable

Apr 26, 2006
Exiled in NoVA
We're back!!!!

I actually really like the looks of the lines. If some of the 3rd and 4th line guys work out, this could be the best offense we've seen in a long, long time.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/04/big-short-term-risks-trading-johnny-boychuk/JxEfJ9pazM1IeG2btGdyrI/story.html

Pretty good discussion of the rationale behind the trade. Short version- they were going to lose him after this season so they got what they could.

“I’m sure the guys are bummed, and they’re probably a little bit bummed at me for doing it,” general manager Peter Chiarelli said of the teammates Boychuk is leaving behind. “But it’s about making the team better now, tomorrow, the next day, the next day. Arguably, this doesn’t make us better now, obviously.”

Thanks...

This was a kicker! Watch them get a good player with that AMac pick while we have to endure his contract and his matador defense at the blueline...ovey! :shakehead

The Bruins loaded up in return: a 2015 second-round pick (Philadelphia’s as part of the Andrew MacDonald trade), a 2016 second-rounder, and a conditional 2015 third-round pick if the Islanders trade Boychuk to an Eastern Conference team this season.

This is a wicked haul for a player the Bruins had no hopes of re-signing. The depth of the bounty convinced Chiarelli to make the deal.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Boston GDT has some talk about a rookie tough guy going at Rinaldo. Could be interesting!

:fight:

Robbins by any chance?

32 year old rookie! :laugh:

Rinaldo will get beaten.

And I will not be able to dislike him... his blog is just fantastic, seems an awesome guy who deserves to say he was an NHLer.

He was also awesome when he was over in the UK... but then so was Sestito!

http://www.bobbyrobins.com/

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
So it begins. The Great Vinny/Brayden/Coots/Reader enigma. Let's get it unraveled early and **** this league up before they know what happened to them.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
If the forwards play 2way hockey like they should our Dmen won't be as bad as people think. Forwards chipping pucks out of the zone and not trying to be to fancy will go along way for our D. Unlike year last where most of the periods were played in our own end I think we will be a better team this year but it will be hard to make playoffs. All the best to the team and hopefully a solid year.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
We'll need last year's best road PP in the league (25%) to show up tonight. Even without Krecji, Boston is the best 5 on 5 team in the league bar none. An area where we need to show some serious improvement.

That said, I have high hopes tonight for a nice upset being the largest underdog of the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad