GDT: 1/4 Boston Bruins vs Winnipeg Jets 1pm ET NESN/98.5 FM

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
@DanCagen: Julien was given a puck after the game to commemorate his 500th game. Didn't know the milestone until then.

@NHLBruins: Julien: I had a player give me the puck tonight & I said, 'what are you doing?' he said, 'it's your puck' I said what for? he says '500' ^CS

@NHLBruins: Coach, on 500th game behind Boston bench: "nice to be here for that long, and like I always say, I hope I can be here for another 500" ^CS

Awesome.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
@DanCagen: Julien was given a puck after the game to commemorate his 500th game. Didn't know the milestone until then.

@NHLBruins: Julien: I had a player give me the puck tonight & I said, 'what are you doing?' he said, 'it's your puck' I said what for? he says '500' ^CS

@NHLBruins: Coach, on 500th game behind Boston bench: "nice to be here for that long, and like I always say, I hope I can be here for another 500" ^CS

It was announced on the jumbotron and got a cheer but the Julien was too bust]y being a coach and did not notice.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
hard to argue given the results, but krejci was a monster today. just dominated.

Yup. Past couple of games he's been like that. He'd of had 4 or 5 goals in that time w/ some luck. We definitely need more goals out of Lucic. They're going to need to be at their best the next three games.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Yup. Past couple of games he's been like that. He'd of had 4 or 5 goals in that time w/ some luck. We definitely need more goals out of Lucic. They're going to need to be at their best the next three games.

hoping for 500 on that California trip. all 3 teams have been dominant, especially at home. will be nice to get loui back soon, that makes this a 3 line offense. fraser has a bomb but overall he looks like quadruple-A as the baseball folks would say. hope all is well, big man.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Spooner had a strong game on both ends of the ice, he's come a long way

He's fortunate that they have no choice but to play him. He's able to get the reps in and allowed to make mistakes. Usually Clode doesn't play the young guys much. He's getting better every game. He's starting to trust himself now. Great to watch.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
That's why they were mine-Paille had a good game but Yeti IMO was all over the place and keeping plays alive-he was a key component of the Krug goal (kept possession and passed to McQuaid then headed to the front of the net for the screen).

I think Krug was the easy one.

hard to argue given the results, but krejci was a monster today. just dominated.

True. Almost every Bruin had a decent game today. Krejci was a force. Soderberg looks fully recovered as does Hamilton. Bergy was on. Florek looked good. This game could have been one of those 80's style 7-4 affairs if not for some bounces.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Spooner had a strong game on both ends of the ice, he's come a long way

Krejci was a beast.

No he didn't but since he's above reproach you can keep thinking that. Telling he had the lowest TOI outside Florek and Fraser.

He looked awful as did his line. 0 puck possession, hemmed in ALL game, puck like a damn grenade.

I forgot he's perfect around here.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
No he didn't but since he's above reproach you can keep thinking that. Telling he had the lowest TOI outside Florek and Fraser.

He looked awful as did his line. 0 puck possession, hemmed in ALL game, puck like a damn grenade.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: i respect your fierce protection of chris Kelly's #3 center spot

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Loved Spooner's game tonight. Solid all around performance. Had at least three tertiary assists from my count. Kelly who?

member 96824

Bias works both ways. You've never thought Spooner looked anything but awful Ali.

You're always one to look towards what Jack and Brick say. They had nothing but positive things to say about Spooner, especially the progression he's made in his own end.

Had a couple really good plays where he covered the third man just like he's supposed to. He's learning...and learning very fast at that.

Also created some serious offensive chances again, but that's usually a given.

At least we aren't resorting to complaining about him making a line change when the puck is in his own end this time though.

You could say he wasn't good in the sense that he didn't have a point, but 6 points in the last 7 games now is still good enough for me. Would have had one setting up that beauty Spooner to Soderberg to Smith play but it just didn't get finished like it usually does.

But I mean, what can we expect from someone that tweeted out "love stuarts big hits" after he took a run at Spooner. It blows my mind how you want this kid to fail so badly.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bias works both ways. You've never thought Spooner looked anything but awful Ali.

You're always one to look towards what Jack and Brick say. They had nothing but positive things to say about Spooner, especially the progression he's made in his own end.

Had a couple really good plays where he covered the third man just like he's supposed to. He's learning...and learning very fast at that.

Also created some serious offensive chances again, but that's usually a given.

At least we aren't resorting to complaining about him making a line change when the puck is in his own end this time though.

You could say he wasn't good in the sense that he didn't have a point, but 6 points in the last 7 games now is still good enough for me. Would have had one setting up that beauty Spooner to Soderberg to Smith play but it just didn't get finished like it usually does.

But I mean, what can we expect from someone that tweeted out "love stuarts big hits" after he took a run at Spooner. It blows my mind how you want this kid to fail so badly.

He looked like hot garbage as did Fraser. Truth hurts but he's lucky he looked up at the last minute. Kid has yet to be challenged physically and today he was and wilted big time. That 3rd line is soft as hell and our worst combination thus far.

This road trip is make it or break it for him and the other young guys.

Sucks that everyone's prized prospect is held accountable for once.

Again, his TOI is telling.

member 96824

He looked like hot garbage as did Fraser. Truth hurts but he's lucky he looked up at the last minute. Kid has yet to be challenged physically and today he was and wilted big time. That 3rd line is soft as hell and our worst combination thus far.

This road trip is make it or break it for him and the other young guys.

Sucks that everyone's prized prospect is held accountable for once.

Again, his TOI is telling.

Paille, arguably our 2nd best forward today, 2nd star of the game had 13 minutes, Soderberg had 12+ minutes just like Spooner...Iginla, who I didn't notice once had 19 minutes. TOI doesn't always tell the story.

He skated 14 shifts, the whole season he's been anywhere from 12-20 depending on the game, situations, etc. His TOI, while on the low end at 12, still falls in the 11-16 range that he's been getting on average every night.

He's still a young guy, Claude's not going to give him 20 min a night no matter what the situation is..but he's learning, and progressing very quickly on both ends.

I will say, 38% isn't acceptable on the faceoffs, but he's expected to have ups and downs at this stage in his career

But when was the Stuart run, in the first? His play didn't suffer after that for a bit..but I know you were rooting for him to get wrecked right there...which is a joke.

He's been held accountable all season, most if not all admit his defensive game needs to come, his faceoff game needs to come, and other areas as well....but the difference is, everyone is seeing the progress he's making except you. Because you're flat out rooting against a Boston Bruin. It's pathetic. Logo on the front is much more important than any name on the back.

Maybe it's time to hold yourself accountable Ali and admit that this hatred you've had for him since preseason has gone on wayyy too long. It's not accountability to criticize but not praise when something is done well. During the Nashville game, you responded to every person that at least I follow who said something good about Spooner *****ing about the Stalberg goal, which Houda himself said was the result of an awful change.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 96824

I search Ryan Spooner on twitter, I see Kirk, Dom, many posters from HF, many media types praising him, whether they be bloggers, writers, radio, tv, etc.

and I see one person on a tirade against them trying to point out every mistake he's ever made. I'm waiting to hear about how he eats the wrong cereal in the morning and puts the wrong skate on first. It's truly comical at this point. There's accountability, and then there's what's going on here.

You know I like you a lot, and totally respect you as a poster and person outside of this issue...but your opinion here is becoming less than a gain of salt because of the serious lack of accountability and clear vision.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
How appropriate that I should be listening to The Lovin' Spoonful when going through this discussion.

member 96824

We are 28-12-2, and have a prospect who has stepped in to an injured regular's spot and not missed a beat, making a case to stay on the roster which seriously increases our depth going forward and into the playoffs.

Why is that an awful thing? Why are we rooting against this? What agenda is more important than that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad