GDT: 1/4/15 "Hey, Remember That 20 Round Shootout?" - Panthers VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Saying that he's filled his role so far makes no sense. He wasn't signed to a big contract to score 0 goals midway through the year.

He's expected to produce offensively. Even if we overpaid to get him which we did, it's reasonable to expect 2nd line production at least.

He wasn't supposed to be the more expensive version of McKenzie.

He was brought in for leadership compete level and good solid defensive play.. to take some pressure off our young centers and show them how to be a professional day in and day out of a grueling nhl schedule.. he has done that.. any offense he pitches is is great... no one debated about him being overpaid everyone knows he is and no one will argue that... he makes us better and is exactly what I want the youth around and doesn't hurt us financially so I'm not gonna complain about it... if u wanna ***** about a contract that doesn't hurt us at all go ahead... he is the least of the worries on this team

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
First time I've heard that this game doesn't need to draw anything on a board, like where players should go to when/if they win a FO and who needs to shoot. When I see every other teams' coaches to draw something for the players during a timeout, are they showing the directions to the nearest Tim Hortons?

Like I said they r drawing a play immediately off the faceoff... the rest is on the players brains and creativity, hockey sense skill etc..

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Kinda can't believe anyone defending Bolland. Tallon bought him in to do the defensive role he's playing now but he also expected 20+ goals per season for sure

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Like I said they r drawing a play immediately off the faceoff... the rest is on the players brains and creativity, hockey sense skill etc..

Well, in that case, their hockey sense told them that "surely this 10th pass will result into a shot at the goal". But every time the opposing sets up the square and doesn't challenge, the team on the PP has time to execute a play. And by a play, I mean a sequence of player movements that will make the defenders to follow, possibly lose, their marked men, and not just setup guys in the perimeter. The funniest thing about the PP was that even Hayes parked right in front of Holtby blocking his view, there were still no shots at the goal.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Kinda can't believe anyone defending Bolland. Tallon bought him in to do the defensive role he's playing now but he also expected 20+ goals per season for sure

I don't get it either. He's supposed to at least equal his previous offensive production which he hasn't been able to do.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
0 hits, 0 shots, over 15 minutes TOI. Watching Huberdeau play hockey, Priceless.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

20+ goals per season lol? Are you insane? No, he did not expect that. He expected 3rd line offensive production. He overpaid him, people just have to get over it and stop expecting Bolland to turn into something he's not.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Well, in that case, their hockey sense told them that "surely this 10th pass will result into a shot at the goal". But every time the opposing sets up the square and doesn't challenge, the team on the PP has time to execute a play. And by a play, I mean a sequence of player movements that will make the defenders to follow, possibly lose, their marked men, and not just setup guys in the perimeter. The funniest thing about the PP was that even Hayes parked right in front of Holtby blocking his view, there were still no shots at the goal.

Exactly... it's on the players for not shooting double clutching and being unsure of themselves...that's y I don't mind guds or even olsen on the point cause they let er rip withlittle hesitation even tho not always accurate..which is obviously what gallant is stressing

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
0 hits, 0 shots, over 15 minutes TOI. Watching Huberdeau play hockey, Priceless.

I thought he made some nice passes today, but yeah. Most of the time he's just not effective at all. He seriously needs to either get A)Jacked in the offseason - that means upper body, Huby. -OR- B)A heck of a lot faster. Continuing on the path he is on now is not an option and is going to see him either traded or flat out not re-signed by the Panthers in a few years.

Just stating the truth.
If that was directed at me.

Put me down in the Bolland fan club too. A guy who's nickname is the "The Rat" isn't expected to be a sniper. He's expected to do what he's doing now, be a pest and a shutdown center. I really like him. His offensive production isn't quite up to par, but neither are a lot of our forwards. Playing on this low scoring team doesn't help, and must be quite different than playing on Chicago or Toronto.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Campbell was shooting it today. The problem is his shot sucks. And everyone anticipates him passing to Ekblad so Ek is getting very little time and space to get his shot off these days on the PP.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I thought he made some nice passes today, but yeah. Most of the time he's just not effective at all. He seriously needs to either get A)Jacked in the offseason - that means upper body, Huby. -OR- B)A heck of a lot faster. Continuing on the path he is on now is not an option and is going to see him either traded or flat out not re-signed by the Panthers in a few years.

Put me down in the Bolland fan club too. A guy who's nickname is the "The Rat" isn't expected to be a sniper. He's expected to do what he's doing now, be a pest and a shutdown center. I really like him. His offensive production isn't quite up to par, but neither are a lot of our forwards. Playing on this low scoring team doesn't help, and must be quite different than playing on Chicago or Toronto.
I'm starting to think Hubs gets traded this offseason while he still has some value in a package for a legit scorer.

Sorry, but Bolland has to at least equal his previous production which he's not close to at all.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Huby will get bigger stronger faster.... takes time to physically developed and he's only had one off season without injury to properly train... he will get there I have little doubts... he still makes sick passes and great vision... I'm not worried

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Huby will get bigger stronger faster.... takes time to physically developed and he's only had one off season without injury to properly train... he will get there I have little doubts... he still makes sick passes and great vision... I'm not worried

My hopes is that it does not become a Mika Zibanejad like offseason.

The guy bulked up like crazy this year and looked slow and out of shape.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We didn't lose this game because of Pirri.

Comes on guys.

He tried something with a few seconds left. It didn't work. Move on.

I didn't have a problem with what Pirri did either. He tried something creative, and there wasn't a lot of time left anyway, so not a big deal. He had no options and we didn't lose this game because of Pirri, we lost it on the 5v3 PP.

One guy won't change the way the whole unit plays it, though it might ease the zone entries.

It's as if Gallant has only done PP drills where the PK is constantly pressuring them to make a mistake, when in reality it varies by the opponent that how they play the PK. So Florida ends up handling the puck like a live grenade, even when they have the time and space to calm things down.

Haha true, our players never set up on the correct sides either. It's embarrassing to watch. On the 5 on 3, Bjugstad was on the right side and Barkov was on the left wing....wut????? We just have no composure and execution on the PP.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm starting to think Hubs gets traded this offseason while he still has some value in a package for a legit scorer.

Sorry, but Bolland has to at least equal his previous production which he's not close to at all.

Well, Bolland missed a lot of games too. Pro-rated, his production is below par right now but not terrible.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I didn't have a problem with what Pirri did either. He tried something creative, and there wasn't a lot of time left anyway, so not a big deal. He had no options and we didn't lose this game because of Pirri, we lost it on the 5v3 PP.

Haha true, our players never set up on the correct sides either. It's embarrassing to watch. On the 5 on 3, Bjugstad was on the right side and Barkov was on the left wing....wut????? We just have no composure and execution on the PP.

Ya I was yelling at TV for them to switch haha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad