GDT: 1/4/15 "Hey, Remember That 20 Round Shootout?" - Panthers VS Capitals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yes I would assume regular strength training on his hip/legs and looks stronger than last year... different than being physically matured and spending a summer on shot/explosiveness... couts is a lot stronger and physically mature than huby....he still has a teenager body physically speaking... loOK at the sedins... didn't get over 40pts til their 5th season then bam 70 pts...I think everyone is underestimating the limitations physical maturity and proper offseason training can effect a player... I know it sucks but patience is still needed for these guys...

I know, which I why I qualified with 'as of right now'. But Huby isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in people these days, it doesn't look good. I'd at least feel more comfortable with Couts right now. However, maybe then we don't draft Barkov, and draft Jones instead. And then maybe because of that we don't draft Ekblad. OK Huby you are good in my book again....:help: I'm so confused

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I know, which I why I qualified with 'as of right now'. But Huby isn't inspiring a lot of confidence in people these days, it doesn't look good. I'd at least feel more comfortable with Couts right now. However, maybe then we don't draft Barkov, and draft Jones instead. And then maybe because of that we don't draft Ekblad. OK Huby you are good in my book again....:help: I'm so confused

I know huby isn't looking great right now... but I'm using logic and understanding of his situation so I'm not worried...lots of people want instant production cause we have been irrelevant for so long but I chouse to look at the bigger picture, beyond this year even... different players developed at different rates and huby is falling into the longer developement path which Is actually the more common one... usually only the elite players developed so soon... this is only huby 2nd full season and chuck in a major injury that basically wiped out a year of developememt... I don't expect huby to be elite but 60-70 point in his prime... he will most likely hit 40 this year and look how weak and unspectacular he's been... if he puts the necessary work in he will improve

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
All that text, I was scared you were going to miss your quota! :sarcasm::p:

i only say that because i feel its better for the team. i have nothing against him, he's a florida panthers and i never boo or say anything negative or bad about any of our players. i sit by people that constantly insult our players during the games, yelling it, and it drives me nuts. why would you go and pay to watch and support your team only to bash them? i always cheer our guys on. i wish so much he would light it up, we'd be in great shape if he did, but unless something drastic happens, which is very unlikely (key word being drastic), i just don't see his game working in the nhl. I've watched every game since he's been up, even in his rookie season he wasnt that spectacular, not like he had to be, but considering tha was the only year when he actually produced well nothing was impressive other than his goal on lundqvist and his penalty shot goal against bryz which is pretty much the equivalent of a SO attempt in the sense that its a 1 on 0 break away, and then some SO goals too. his frame isnt great, his skating is definitely below average, his shot is terrible in all facets, his stick handling is alright but not near what a lot of people make it out to be. he's not that strong, not that good against the boards and being part of the cycling game, not that creative or dynamic, and now he can't even score SO goals anymore which was like the 1 thing he was actually consistently good at.

I'm sorry i just don't think the kids that good, I've watched enough of him to have a pretty good idea. unless he's dealing with some unknown injury that is making him play at like 25% capability, heals, and then bursts onto the scene. idk. I'm sure he'll improve a little, i just realistically don't see a big improvement. thats why i think it'd be better for us to trade him because, yes, he is still young and some teams will look at that draft spot and "potential" and perhaps give up something worth while. or hold onto him, have him continue like this and either be stuck or get very little for him. its a gamble but one I'm pretty confident about.

what could we get? no clue. i don't know what gm's around the league think of him or would be willing to give up, but id definitely listen to offers, especially if we can address the rw in doing so.

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
^
i only say that because i feel its better for the team. i have nothing against him..

hehe damn thats harsh!
thing is, i agree to some extent tho but we have to keep in mind that he's still very young and is still developing.
perhaps thats why tallon should trade him cuz that's, as you said, where he holds his value right now.
he's been looking rather terrible most this season also. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad