Post-Game Talk: 1/25/18 | Buffalo 4 AT Vancity 0 | BAPTISED

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
This team is at an all time low right now. What an amazing follow up game after a 6-2 win against LA and if anything has made everyone forget that even happened already.

Manhandled by Buffalo - this is one of the more embarrassing moments since Benning has taken over...just knowing how bleak and how bad this team is.

This team is healthy now and just laid that egg. f***ing embarrassing to how we were told to wait until we were healthy. This was an easy two points and they choked it up. LA has even been good lately so I’m not even sure how much to read into that outlier win anyways.

I see about maybe two wins in the next 7 games. Oh boy, does this team is going to be absolutely gutted and depressed in 7 games.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Virtanens giveaway was the most glaring mistake in the game..Sucks for him...The whole team underachieved tonight.

He can do no wrong, just give him more minutes like people around here want to give him. He’s young. He needs to play!

Yeah, give me a break. Virtanen and his fancy numbers, if they are even good anymore, can f*** off. Such a bipolar player that is going to live off his draft position as long as he can. I’d be happy to just get a decent fourth liner out of him for his career, but I don’t think I even see that.

The guy gets limited minutes and he still manages to do some shit that makes you go “seriously?”. At least goldobin can provide some scoring, for as little of an upgrade as that may be on Jake. Goldobin has 7 less goals and hes player 71 less NHL games than Virtanen.

You guys can tell me he looks good here and there and he may be putting it together all you want but I don’t care anymore. I’ve heard it for multiple years now. He’s not putting anything together other than a few games to trick everyone into thinking he’s putting it together.

Makes we wonder with this fancy stats used for defensive evaluations because apparently he was/is a good defensive player and shots hardly get put on our net when he’s on blah blah blah, but I don’t get how one player, especially a winger can have such a great impact on the game like that defensively - especially Virtanen of all players who is bipolar as hell in his play, yet Goldobin is in the minors? Joke. I don’t even think that highly of Goldobin either.

Just play him what do we have to lose! Just give him time! We are finding out a rebuild needs 40 years according to Benning, I guess the development of Virtanen needs to take 25 years? I think it’s sad how he was playing “good” and it was in very short spurts he actually played well, but other than that he did his typical skate down the wing really fast and excite people, then take a low percentage shot from the corner as the puck rings around the glass back into the neutral zone.

What rapid development.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
You know what I was thinking while watching this game?

IF only the canucks had a Dorsett replacement then they'd be right on the cusp of something great!

Reactions: racerjoe

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Dowd's turnover was at least just as bad. Probably worse.

But it was Dowd and it didn't result in a goal so who cares.
Yeah exactly it’s dowd. Who cares about dowd. He wasn’t chosen 6th overall and isnt supposed to live up to the hype. JV is still young but time is running out for him to become the player he is supposed to be. Big mistake not taken Nylander or Ehlers which was the General consensus on these boards. It looks so horrible right now. Can’t wait till JB is gone.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Dowd's turnover was at least just as bad. Probably worse.

But it was Dowd and it didn't result in a goal so who cares.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who would settle for Virtanen to play at Dowd's level at this point.

When do we get to see Benning talk for what seems like too long about Dowd's thighs?

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
This team is at an all time low right now. What an amazing follow up game after a 6-2 win against LA and if anything has made everyone forget that even happened already.

Manhandled by Buffalo - this is one of the more embarrassing moments since Benning has taken over...just knowing how bleak and how bad this team is.

This team is healthy now and just laid that egg. ****ing embarrassing to how we were told to wait until we were healthy. This was an easy two points and they choked it up. LA has even been good lately so I’m not even sure how much to read into that outlier win anyways.

I see about maybe two wins in the next 7 games. Oh boy, does this team is going to be absolutely gutted and depressed in 7 games.

Yup, counting my lucky stars I went to what will probably be their best game all year against LA.

This was a completely different team. Credit to Buffalo but we were disjointed with absolutely no flow.

Embarrassing.

Fast forward me to end of the season so we can say good riddance to Benning and turn the page.

Reactions: MikeK

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Got off my 12 hours over night shift from hospital and walked home to THIS.

Tank-wise? Great!

Otherwise? Everyone on this team should be ASHAMED of themselves! Are they even remotely aware of the fact that they just got their asses handed to them on a silver platter by one of the worst teams in the league?

But I guess since we ARE one of the worst in the league it makes this all OK right?

Best team in 4 years my ASS.

Reactions: BlueGreen

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
at the end of the first i decided to watch something on netflix. i checked back periodically to see if a hockey game broke out.

my hot takes

virtanen is running out of rope with this team. in some ways, he looks a lot better than he did. but he is also looking like a jonah who will get voted off the team by his team mates.

dowd would be a dominant centre in any league but the nhl where he comes up slightly short all the time. he may be one of those guys who has an amazing year or playoff run.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Got off my 12 hours over night shift from hospital and walked home to THIS.

Tank-wise? Great!

Otherwise? Everyone on this team should be ASHAMED of themselves! Are they even remotely aware of the fact that they just got their asses handed to them on a silver platter by one of the worst teams in the league?

But I guess since we ARE one of the worst in the league it makes this all OK right?

Best team in 4 years my ASS.

Buffalo has always had our number. Both literally and figuratively.

Didn't they beat us back in the 14/15 season when all their regulars were injured and they iced an AHL team?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
A lot of posters on here claiming we had an embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder,and gave up an easy two points...The Sabres rolled through Western Canada and defeated every single team (EDM,CAL,VAN) by an aggregate score of 11-1...The Sabres are hot right now,and are going to be one of those teams that lights it up down the stretch.....Whether they can maintain that level is another story,but eventually the penny has to drop,and all those high end Sabre draft picks finally start to 'get it'.

The Canucks performance was lousy,but credit to the other team...Any team that rolls the the two Alberta teams is not going to be easy pickings (I predicted the loss on page 1 of the GDT based on that) ....It was clear in the first half of the 1st period that the Canucks were going to be in tough.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015

This team is healthy now and just laid that egg. ****ing embarrassing to how we were told to wait until we were healthy. This was an easy two points and they choked it up. LA has even been good lately so I’m not even sure how much to read into that outlier win anyways.

Is it really embarrassing or surprising? Or is it just to be expected?

This was coming from the general manager who was touting his depth signings preseason and talking about how they were much better prepared for injuries this year. And then as soon as a few players were injured it was the yearly blame injury routine.

So yeah - the management's newest line was "just wait until we are healthy if we are healthy we can compete as a playoff team". And surprise surprise that turned out to be false as well.

The only thing consistent is that they just say whatever suits their narrative at the moment and then they assuredly contradict that statement later in time.

Last edited:

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
A lot of posters on here claiming we had an embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder,and gave up an easy two points...The Sabres rolled through Western Canada and defeated every single team (EDM,CAL,VAN) by an aggregate score of 11-1...The Sabres are hot right now,and are going to be one of those teams that lights it up down the stretch.....Whether they can maintain that level is another story,but eventually the penny has to drop,and all those high end Sabre draft picks finally start to 'get it'.

The Canucks performance was lousy,but credit to the other team...Any team that rolls the the two Alberta teams is not going to be easy pickings (I predicted the loss on page 1 of the GDT based on that) ....It was clear in the first half of the 1st period that the Canucks were going to be in tough.
Lol @ making excuses. Less than a week ago Buffalo was destroyed 7-1 by the stars. I was at the game last night - both teams did not look good. Comparatively Buffalo just looked a lot better though. The canucks looked like a brutally bad team - no need to make excuses that they were playing the world beating, second last place Sabres.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Lol @ making excuses. Less than a week ago Buffalo was destroyed 7-1 by the stars. I was at the game last night - both teams did not look good. Comparatively Buffalo just looked a lot better though. The canucks just looked like a brutally bad team - no need to make excuses that they were playing the world beating, second last place Sabres.
That was a week ago...what part of the Sabres are 'hot right now' did you miss.?..or the Canucks performance was 'lousy' did you miss.?...Keep up..!!!

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
That was a week ago...what part of the Sabres are 'hot right now' did you miss.?..or the Canucks performance was 'lousy' did you miss.?...Keep up..!!!
How long is a calendar week to you? Or what is a week to you? Buffalo Played Dallas on Jan 20. They played the Canucks on the 25th. That is less than a week. You can bold that if you want.

Hot as in they beat an average Calgary team who had lost two nights before and is currently on a 4 game losing streak. And they beat Edmonton. If that makes them hot to you great. The Sabres were not "lighting it up" yesterday. The Canucks were playing horrible hockey and the Sabres were playing decently. Sure credit them for not being as horrible as the Canucks but I wonder why even bring it up, it sounded like more excuses for this terrible Canucks team.

Reactions: Krnuckfan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
How long is a calendar week to you? Or what is a week to you? Buffalo Played Dallas on Jan 20. They played the Canucks on the 25th. That is less than a week. You can bold that if you want.

Hot as in they beat an average Calgary team who had lost two nights before and is currently on a 4 game losing streak. And they beat Edmonton. If that makes them hot to you great. The Sabres were not "lighting it up" yesterday. The Canucks were playing horrible hockey and the Sabres were playing decently. Sure credit them for not being as horrible as the Canucks but I wonder why even bring it up, it sounded like more excuses for this terrible Canucks team.
Sounds to me like you have 'selective reading' habits...What part of 'Canucks played lousy' sounds like I'm defending the teams play last night..?.....Also.read post #15 on this thread...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If you're going to cough up a fur ball,far better to do it on the road....but this Canucks team has one of the worst home records in the entire league....same as last year.....and the stench of that Sabres game now runs right through the all-star break.

I guess there are still some apologists out for the current management regime.....but after four years; we're left with a bloated, underachieving payroll; awful trades and even worse UFA signings; and a third consecutive bottom-three finish in the entire NHL...And this is what the paying customers are expected to shell out big bucks for? And the pain will linger long after they've gone.....the Virtanen-Ehlers comparisons; the Juolevi-Tkachuk comparisons....and if that isn't ugly enough, let me remind you that Eriksson, Gagner and Del Zotto all have term left on their contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad