Post-Game Talk: 1/25/18 | Buffalo 4 AT Vancity 0 | BAPTISED

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You are pretty funny, glad you got your popcorn as you are sitting around waiting for a reply... I guess multiple other users arguing with you isn't enough, here goes :

As I already implied - "playing lousy" is understating the Canuck's poor play.

This is a Canucks game thread. The only reason to talk up Buffalo on this thread and their record as of late is to use it as a reason of comparison when predicting or explaining the outcome of this game. Especially in response to people's comments on how we lost to second to last place team. As other users have pointed out - in doing so and over by inflating Buffalo's results as of late, you are clearly inferring that the outcome was less the result of this incredibly bad Canucks team and more so the result of a team on a hot streak that couldn't be stopped. This was in response to people complaining about how the second to worst place team in the NHL beat us.

You continually ignore certain parts of posts and are now biting down on this "quote me exactly on how I am making excuses" etc etc. You obviously don't have to say something specifically to infer it.
You can't quote me on anything.(thank you,,thats all I needed to hear)..but I'm clearly inferring....right.

And playing 'lousy' was too understated for you ...Not all of us spend all day shitting on the team..

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
You can't quote me on anything.(thank you,,thats all I needed to hear)..but I'm clearly inferring....right.

And playing 'lousy' was too understated for you ...Not all of us spend all day ****ting on the team..

No some of us spend all day making weak excuses for the team instead. And when called out on making excuses by multiple people play the "what me? me no make excuses?" card

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Canucks are healthy now. What happened to "this would be a playoff team if they were healthy."
We will see...If they crap the bed,Benning will be gone...If they start winning games,and the young players light it up..Who knows...

Who said 'this would be a playoff team when healthy"..?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
We will see...If they crap the bed,Benning will be gone...If they start winning games,and the young players light it up..Who knows...

Who said 'this would be a playoff team when healthy"..?

What young players are there to “light it up”?

Boeser? He already is.

Horvat? He already was before injury.

Baertschi? He sort of was before injury.

Virtanen? That ship has sailed.

Granlund? See Virtanen.

Who’s left that conceivably could and in a way that would matter? Goldobin? Gaunce?

The prospect pool is already doing its part and more to give Benning something to stand on. If that isn’t enough to save him, he ain’t being saved.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Man that was an ugly game to watch. Don’t know if that is just the product NHL hockey is nowadays, or its how slow we are.

There was virtually zero exciting moments from the Canucks point of view. In the old days, at least you would have fights, or hits, or some emotion. But we get blown out in the most boring snooze inducing way possible.

the no hitting stuff bothers me also. it went away so gradually i hardly noticed until it was gone.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Is it really embarrassing or surprising? Or is it just to be expected?

This was coming from the general manager who was touting his depth signings preseason and talking about how they were much better prepared for injuries this year. And then as soon as a few players were injured it was the yearly blame injury routine.

So yeah - the management's newest line was "just wait until we are healthy if we are healthy we can compete as a playoff team". And surprise surprise that turned out to be false as well.

The only thing consistent is that they just say whatever suits their narrative at the moment and then they assuredly contradict that statement later in time.

Nothing is surprising it’s just sad more than anything.

Reactions: bossram and Pavel96

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I have no idea how anyone can watch this team player and conclude it doesn't need a massive transplant of heart, brains and balls from the President's Office right on down to the ice. Yeah sure, every team has bad games and off days, but this isn't exactly a one-off. Anyone who wants to point at our prospect pool and get all mushy over Benning while pretending last year's draft is going to be the first one in history to not undergo attrition, fine. Go ahead and delude yourselves. I'm not buying it. This is year four of Lindenningbrod's attempt to ice a team decent enough to be competitive, and *spoiler alert* it's still not competitive.

Just a sad, sad display. The only ray of sunshine I saw was that Kane didn't really do much, so hopefully it kills interest in signing him in the offseason.

Reactions: pomorick

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
There is room here for both sides. This was absolutely an embarrassment of a game. The Sabres have now won 3 in a row, that is ALMOST a quarter of their wins... That sadly is a hot streak, I don't care who they play. So yes it can be both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad