Post-Game Talk: 1/25/18 | Buffalo 4 AT Vancity 0 | BAPTISED

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
Sounds to me like you have 'selective reading' habits...What part of 'Canucks played lousy' sounds like I'm defending the teams play last night..?.....Also.read post #15 on this thread...
Well it appears that you selectively do things as you bring up the week thing for some reason then make no mention of it on your last post.

Your post #15 shows the nievety of the reality of winning two games. "there confidence must be sky high" - So the second last place team in NHL gets destroyed 7-1, then beats an average team and then a bad one and there confidence "must be skyhigh". No I don't think these professional athletes on the second to last place team in the NHL, fresh off a beating 5 days ago had "sky high" confidence. I'm sure they were thinking positively about their play and had good things to build on - but to say their confidence "must be sky high" sounds like a complete overstatement and further proves what I was trying to originally state - that yes you are giving the sabres too much credit for beating 1 average team, one bad team, and now one horrendous team.

As well, simply saying they played lousy actually is defending this absolute group of trash assembled before us.

Reactions: Krnuckfan

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Sounds to me like you have 'selective reading' habits...What part of 'Canucks played lousy' sounds like I'm defending the teams play last night..?.....Also.read post #15 on this thread...

Sounds to me like you're trying to play off the part where you claimed that the Sabres are hot right now. You were clearly trying to shift some of the blame off of the Canucks and other posters aren't buying it. Selective reading habits aren't the problem, just posters here aren't going to listen when we shift from injury excuses to 'the other team is hot' excuses.

Nobody cares about these garbage excuses anymore, it's been 4 years of them. Every team in the league gets hot and cold from time to time, even last place teams. Unless you're going to take away credit from the 6-2 win against LA because "they were cold", nobody wants to hear "they were just hot" after a loss to a bottom team.

Reactions: Pavel96

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sounds to me like you're trying to play off the part where you claimed that the Sabres are hot right now. You were clearly trying to shift some of the blame off of the Canucks and other posters aren't buying it. Selective reading habits aren't the problem, just posters here aren't going to listen when we shift from injury excuses to 'the other team is hot' excuses.

Nobody cares about these garbage excuses anymore, it's been 4 years of them. Every team in the league gets hot and cold from time to time, even last place teams. Unless you're going to take away credit from the 6-2 win against LA because "they were cold", nobody wants to hear "they were just hot" after a loss to a bottom team.
Please quote me where I was saying that..

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well it appears that you selectively do things as you bring up the week thing for some reason then make no mention of it on your last post.

Your post #15 shows the nievety of the reality of winning two games. "there confidence must be sky high" - So the second last place team in NHL gets destroyed 7-1, then beats an average team and then a bad one and there confidence "must be skyhigh". No I don't think these professional athletes on the second to last place team in the NHL, fresh off a beating 5 days ago had "sky high" confidence. I'm sure they were thinking positively about their play and had good things to build on - but to say their confidence "must be sky high" sounds like a complete overstatement and further proves what I was trying to originally state - that yes you are giving the sabres too much credit for beating 1 average team, one bad team, and now one horrendous team.

As well, simply saying they played lousy actually is defending this absolute group of trash assembled before us.
Since when is 'playing lousy' (and predicting an incoming loss) defending the team????.....I stated my opinion on the current play of the Sabres, you said yours...So once again,I ask you..where am I making up excuses for the play of the Canucks last night.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It's how me, and based on the responses, other posters took it. Maybe you meant something different but maybe you need to work on your communication if that's the case.
My communication was perfectly clear (even before the game started)....I was stating my opinion on the play of the Sabres,nothing more..nothing less...After the game,I said the Sabres were good,and the Canucks were bad....which one poster claimed I was making up 'excuses' for the Canucks? (and he's still unable to indicate where).

Krnuckfan

Oct 11, 2006
My communication was perfectly clear (even before the game started)....I was stating my opinion on the play of the Sabres,nothing more..nothing less...After the game,I said the Sabres were good,and the Canucks were bad....which one poster claimed I was making up 'excuses' for the Canucks? (and he's still unable to indicate where).

Pretending that the sabres were on this massive hot streak when they just got blown out 5 days ago is making an excuse. Please try harder to defend benning next time.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
It's how me, and based on the responses, other posters took it. Maybe you meant something different but maybe you need to work on your communication if that's the case.
Pretending that the sabres were on this massive hot streak when they just got blown out 5 days ago is making an excuse. Please try harder to defend benning next time.
I love it!

We are all Canucks.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby

Lets break this down:
First people said that we had an embarrassing night losing to a bottom feeder and giving up two easy points. Then you responded with:
A lot of posters on here claiming we had an embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder,and gave up an easy two points...The Sabres rolled through Western Canada and defeated every single team (EDM,CAL,VAN) by an aggregate score of 11-1...The Sabres are hot right now,and are going to be one of those teams that lights it up down the stretch.....Whether they can maintain that level is another story,but eventually the penny has to drop,and all those high end Sabre draft picks finally start to 'get it'.

The Canucks performance was lousy,but credit to the other team...Any team that rolls the the two Alberta teams is not going to be easy pickings (I predicted the loss on page 1 of the GDT based on that) ....It was clear in the first half of the 1st period that the Canucks were going to be in tough.

So, this post was a direct argument against this loss being an embarrassing loss. You did agree that we had a lousy performance, but you also tried to shift the blame away somewhat from a poor performance by claiming that the Sabres are hot and are going to light it up down the stretch because of all their high draft picks. After all, any team that rolls the two Alberta teams are not going to be easy pickings. This is extra interesting because one of the two Alberta teams is 3 points ahead of us. This post is pretty much screaming "The Canucks played poorly, but hey guys the Sabres are a real good team right now so obviously we would lose anyway". On top of that Buffalo was blown out 7-1 by the Stars 5 nights ago.

So again, if you weren't trying to shift some of the blame of the loss to Buffalo being hot (which they aren't) rather than the Canucks being terrible (which they are), then you really need to work on your communication because nobody can decipher that gobbly gook post into whatever it is you're actually trying to say.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Quote me where I was making an excuse..
Right here
A lot of posters on here claiming we had an embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder,and gave up an easy two points...The Sabres rolled through Western Canada and defeated every single team (EDM,CAL,VAN) by an aggregate score of 11-1...The Sabres are hot right now,and are going to be one of those teams that lights it up down the stretch.....Whether they can maintain that level is another story,but eventually the penny has to drop,and all those high end Sabre draft picks finally start to 'get it'.

The Canucks performance was lousy,but credit to the other team...Any team that rolls the the two Alberta teams is not going to be easy pickings (I predicted the loss on page 1 of the GDT based on that) ....It was clear in the first half of the 1st period that the Canucks were going to be in tough.

See you think we're attacking you for making an excuse for the loss in general. We're attacking you for excusing this loss as what should be expected rather than downright embarrassing. Expecting there to be a relatively decent chance to lose to the 30th place team in the NHL is embarrassing, especially when its a shutout loss at home with a completely healthy roster.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

pretending that someone is pretending is kind of weak.

two blow outs in a row on the road for a bad team absolutely is a hot streak and blowing out the canucks in the same fashion to extend it to three in a row extends that hot streak.

it is possible to observe that fact without in any way making excuses for the canucks, who have actually played ok against teams on hot streaks this year.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Lets break this down:
First people said that we had an embarrassing night losing to a bottom feeder and giving up two easy points. Then you responded with:

So, this post was a direct argument against this loss being an embarrassing loss. You did agree that we had a lousy performance, but you also tried to shift the blame away somewhat from a poor performance by claiming that the Sabres are hot and are going to light it up down the stretch because of all their high draft picks. After all, any team that rolls the two Alberta teams are not going to be easy pickings. This is extra interesting because one of the two Alberta teams is 3 points ahead of us. This post is pretty much screaming "The Canucks played poorly, but hey guys the Sabres are a real good team right now so obviously we would lose anyway". On top of that Buffalo was blown out 7-1 by the Stars 5 nights ago.

So again, if you weren't trying to shift some of the blame of the loss to Buffalo being hot (which they aren't) rather than the Canucks being terrible (which they are), then you really need to work on your communication because nobody can decipher that gobbly gook post into whatever it is you're actually trying to say.
Check out post #15 in this thread...I said the same thing before the f***ing game.....lol

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Right here

See you think we're attacking you for making an excuse for the loss in general. We're attacking you for excusing this loss as what should be expected rather than downright embarrassing. Expecting there to be a relatively decent chance to lose to the 30th place team in the NHL is embarrassing, especially when its a shutout loss at home with a completely healthy roster.
Omg....I'm under attack...:help:

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Check out post #15 in this thread...I said the same thing before the ****ing game.....lol
It doesn't matter what you said before the game, I could have told you 4 years ago that this team would be losing to bottom 5 teams. It's not exactly a surprise.

A lot of posters on here claiming we had an embarrassing loss to a bottom feeder,and gave up an easy two points...The Sabres rolled through Western Canada and defeated every single team (EDM,CAL,VAN) by an aggregate score of 11-1...The Sabres are hot right now,and are going to be one of those teams that lights it up down the stretch.
First people said this loss was embarrassing and gave up two easy points.
You then started your post with that and provided some information you thought explained why we were actually very likely to lose this game and that the Sabres are better than they look.
They're not, they're a bad team and we got shutout at home by a bad team. This is embarrassing.

Pavel96

Apr 7, 2015
I love it too...For the 3rd time.... Have you found where I was making excuses for the loss last night?:popcorn:
You are pretty funny, glad you got your popcorn as you are sitting around waiting for a reply... I guess multiple other users arguing with you isn't enough, here goes :
Since when is 'playing lousy' (and predicting an incoming loss) defending the team????.....I stated my opinion on the current play of the Sabres, you said yours...So once again,I ask you..where am I making up excuses for the play of the Canucks last night.
As I already implied - "playing lousy" is understating the Canuck's poor play.

This is a Canucks game thread. The only reason to talk up Buffalo on this thread and their record as of late is to use it as a reason of comparison when predicting or explaining the outcome of this game. Especially in response to people's comments on how we lost to second to last place team. As other users have pointed out - in doing so and over by inflating Buffalo's results as of late, you are clearly inferring that the outcome was less the result of this incredibly bad Canucks team and more so the result of a team on a hot streak that couldn't be stopped. This was in response to people complaining about how the second to worst place team in the NHL beat us.

You continually ignore certain parts of posts and are now biting down on this "quote me exactly on how I am making excuses" etc etc. You obviously don't have to say something specifically to infer it.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Going against a hot bottom feeder team is not a valid reason for such underwhelming performance even by the low low standards set by this team.

A loss is a loss, simple as that.

Also
1) The team is healthy now - pure fact
2) This is suppose to be the best f***ing team in 4 years - as proclaimed by our nigh omnipotent dear leader Kim Benning

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
It doesn't matter what you said before the game, I could have told you 4 years ago that this team would be losing to bottom 5 teams. It's not exactly a surprise.

First people said this loss was embarrassing and gave up two easy points.
You then started your post with that and provided some information you thought explained why we were actually very likely to lose this game and that the Sabres are better than they look.
They're not, they're a bad team and we got shutout at home by a bad team. This is embarrassing.
Thats your opinion....I based my opinion of the way they played in Alberta,not on their overall record (and said it was not going to be 2 easy points)...Bad teams do get better

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Man that was an ugly game to watch. Don’t know if that is just the product NHL hockey is nowadays, or its how slow we are.

There was virtually zero exciting moments from the Canucks point of view. In the old days, at least you would have fights, or hits, or some emotion. But we get blown out in the most boring snooze inducing way possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad