Game Analysis: #1 - 10/3/13 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes Analysis

16 To Stanley*

I'll take Ovechkin and his celebrations over any Rangers forward.

At least he scores goals to celebrate.

Fair point.

Miller looks fine, to the poster above....he just needs to simplify his game some more.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Wouldn't be satisfied with a point. Take a look at the schedule going forward. This road trip is brutal, and the Coyotes are a team the Rangers need to beat in order to come out relatively unscathed.

The Rangers are going up against a team and a crowd that's amped up beyond normal circumstances. I know what the schedule is. It has no bearing on the uphill battle the Rangers face tonight.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
JT Miller does not look good out there. Like last year, he just doesn't look NHL ready to me. Way too many turn overs.
I like miller and i think he will be good but i agree. Just because he had a good preseason doesnt mean he is 100% ready. The same goes with fast kristo kreider and hrvik. The good news is taht all are young and all will probably be on the team by the end of the year

Macaroni and Cheese

Sep 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
What does it mean when we close the GDT thread and start analysis thread? Is it because there were too many posts and this is the continuation? I'm a bit of a rookie so was just wondering.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I saw nothing wrong with what Yotes player did, he was skating straight the whole way through, all he did was get lower. Pouliot tried to go over the top and took him down.

Fair call in my eyes.

Skated straight, but slowed down to put himself in Pouliot's path. I'd have to see it again though.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Boyle does the same thing over and over again. he doesn't react to the situation. Pyatt at least tries to jump on a play.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Wouldn't be satisfied with a point. Take a look at the schedule going forward. This road trip is brutal, and the Coyotes are a team the Rangers need to beat in order to come out relatively unscathed.

They need to beat them to ensure they get some points this trip. Schedule is ridiculous.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I do agree that the Pouliot-Brassard-Zucc line has a ton of movement but not really getting the results we would hope for.
That would mean, in my way of thinking, to let that line stick for a while and see if they adjust and figure it out.

Oh, you mean for more than 20 minutes? Hopefully this isn't Torts' locker room anymore; I would get used to seeing lines stick together for several games before we have to start talking about them "figuring it out".

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Boyle does the same thing over and over again. he doesn't react to the situation. Pyatt at least tries to jump on a play.
Boyle is a good PK but other than that he wont do much. He will score a goal once in awhile. Pyatt is what he is

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
What does it mean when we close the GDT thread and start analysis thread? Is it because there were too many posts and this is the continuation? I'm a bit of a rookie so was just wondering.

This thread is for intermission discussion. When the game starts again, we'll open up the GDT and close this thread.

lucky13

Iron Chic
Sep 17, 2006
Ridgewood, NY
Mike Smith is actually a really good goalie guys. This isn't necessarily a classic Rangers, make the backup/rookie look like a Vezina candidate. Smith might actually be a Vezina candidate.

exactly.....i dont think some people realize or have forgotten that he has more shutouts then any other goalie the last 2 yrs....he also carried that team in 12 to the WCF ......hes a very very good goalie

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Can we comment on Pidto's annoying face in the analysis thread?

Against this Phoenix team, we need to be 1/10 faster to jump on them. 1/10 faster on the breakout, 1/10 faster on the puck movement and quicker shots.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Oh, you mean for more than 20 minutes? Hopefully this isn't Torts' locker room anymore; I would get used to seeing lines stick together for several games before we have to start talking about them "figuring it out".

Yeah, I have no problem with letting them figure it out. Just concerned that it's not a good long-term plan. East-west lines work when they have guys like Datsyuk and Zetterberg on them. Harder to pull off with 2nd line tweener-types.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Then good, you agree with me. I said that very thing. Don't rip them up and spin the line combo roulette wheel for the next possibility. :)

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
DZ:Good! Moved the puck well. Created some offensive chances. Didnt screw anything up.

Stepan does look a tad bit slower than usual. But its to be expected.

Kids: Deer in headlights. :sarcasm:

Stepan looked rusty, for sure.

Fast had some good plays. Mostly involved with hounding the puck. Miller looked fine to me. He's playing on the 4th line, but he had a good forecheck at one point. He doesn't have much help out there.

DZ looks okay on the right, but he spent some of the period rotating on and off of the pair with Girardi while McDonagh got his chin fixed.

Appreciated.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
GDT is back open. See you again at 2nd intermission.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
The Rangers are going up against a team and a crowd that's amped up beyond normal circumstances. I know what the schedule is. It has no bearing on the uphill battle the Rangers face tonight.
You're tempering your expectations too greatly. If tonight is an uphill battle because the crowd is 'amped', then I can't imagine what you'd consider the next 4-5 games against much better teams. A point does not satisfy.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I like this idea.

Anyway, the team continues to be frustrating. It looks good but the results aren't coming up on the scoreboard, pretty much like it was all preseason.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Not sure why Boyle is getting so much ice time. Get Fast away from Boyle and Pyatt. I'm convinced AV is ignorant to Boyle's complete lack of offensive sense and composure and skillset, and just about everything else. Pyatt isn't the problem on that line, it's Boyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad