Game Analysis: #1 - 10/3/13 | New York Rangers @ Phoenix Coyotes Analysis

16 To Stanley*

Did Nash's no trade clause come with him? It's time to have that discussion. Guys with a 7.8 million cap can't be invisible like this.

2 periods in..trade the guy who was on pace for 40+ goals last year.

jesus some of you people are unbearable.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Break up that Stepan and Nash line. Both players are ineffective. Get Nash where he can succeed.
Stepan had no training camp which is a recipe for disaster. he will be fine eventually but it might take a month to knock the rust off

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Pyatt and Boyle have more ice time than Brassard. Arniel effect? :laugh:

Not a great period other than Staal's PP goal, they were pinned in their own zone a lot.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I don't think AV is going to move the 1st line around but that line is not working.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Not sure why Boyle is getting so much ice time. Get Fast away from Boyle and Pyatt. I'm convinced AV is ignorant to Boyle's complete lack of offensive sense and composure and skillset, and just about everything else. Pyatt isn't the problem on that line, it's Boyle.

Boyle has already become Sather's problem at this point. I have no faith in the coaches when it comes to Boyle. They need to trade him during the season.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
pyatt looks terrible MDZ looks terrible and miller looks terrible. and stepan get your head out of your a**
MDZ has looked pretty good too me. Pyatt better start playing good otherwise they might have to take him out of the lineup since we have a lot of talented young kids who want an oppurtunity. Miller looks nervous. He had a good preseason but i tried to temper with caution since he still needs some seasoning

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Our defense has been okay tonight. Our lack of depth is clearing showing. Without Hagelin and Callahan, we're playing way too shallow. Our 3rd line being Boyle and Pyatt is the entire reason why our offensive pressure is so inconsistent and choppy. Get Fast away from those two and you might have a top 2 line that can score on command.

Lexus Dog

Jun 12, 2012
Boyle has already become Sather's problem at this. I have no faith in the coaches when it comes to Boyle. They need to trade him during the season.

It's fine if he's a 4th liner and killing penalties but you don't win jack with him playing 3rd line minutes.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
well hes averaging a point per game right now.

So are about 100 other NHLers. Some are averaging 2 and even 3 points per game.

Nash needs to show up. The assist was nothing special and would not have been noticed if Staal didn't get off a beauty of a shot. He has been invisible. That play is invisible if Staal doesn't snipe the shot. The pass didn't give Staal the goal; Staal had to take the perfect shot.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Our defense has been okay tonight. Our lack of depth is clearing showing. Without Hagelin and Callahan, we're playing way too shallow. Our 3rd line being Boyle and Pyatt is the entire reason why our offensive pressure is so inconsistent and choppy. Get Fast away from those two and you might have a top 2 line that can score on command.

I think the staff is hesitant to put two rookies (Miller is essentially a rookie) on the same line, but I'd line to see Miller and Boyle swap places.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad