Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Holy ****.

This ****ing franchise is playing the long term right for the first time since the Esposito trade if not since somewhere between the battle of midway island and the storming of Normandy, and you want to **** the whole thing up?

Reggie.. Get a f***ing grip.
Just because you tear it down, that doesn't guarantee you're going to hit a homerun, draft franchise players and all of a sudden win a Stanley cup.

I just do not trust this mgmt team to pull this off and be successful..

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Holy ****.

This ****ing franchise is playing the long term right for the first time since the Esposito trade if not since somewhere between the battle of midway island and the storming of Normandy, and you want to **** the whole thing up?

Right? We learned our lesson in 2012-15. We didn't win a Cup because we lacked high end game breaking talent. Because we haven't had a top 5 pick in OVER 20 YEARS. We are one of maybe two teams in the league without multiple top 5 picks since the lockout.

It's time we get our gamebreaker. Nothing happens until we do.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Sorry guys, there will be no Zucc trade. Coach already loves him, 20 minutes of ice time...
Wonder if we can get him to agree on trading him at the TDL to a contender and then him re-signing in the offseason

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Well, against a cup contender I don't know that we could have expected much more as a whole. Individually the KZB line and pretty much every defenseman outside of Skjei struggled. Hayes line was very good, Howden and Chytil had some nice moments. Nashville did a great job in the neutral zone for the most part, Rangers had a tough time coming through with speed and control. I was encouraged about the Rangers in zone defense, but they got caught deep in the offensive zone way too much.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Namestnikov with under 10 minutes of icetime? That will not get him out of his funk or raise his trade value to put it mildly.

Seems like the only way ADA dresses is somebody on the RD has to get injured.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's not bad coaching to put out your best line to try and tie the game.

Move on.

I'll move on from this discussion, but I think your reasoning doesn't make much sense and goes back to the AV era that we just saw years of.

I don't care who played the best in one individual game. Play your best players the most, and in situations where you need goals. AV would've told us that he needed to play less than the best players because some others were having a good game. Why do most teams that have success play their best players way more than AV did? Besides, scoring a goal isn't such a terrible game for a forward.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
My thoughts... John Amirante is hilarious...

Refreshing to see a defensive system at work...

"Fast" -- yes.
"Relentless" -- C. I think transition will take time to get down-pat, assuming it will.
"Physical" -- no.

Vesey could've had 4-5 pts... Pionk continues to look like a huge transition piece that might not put up big point totals... doesn't need to...

Smith just needed a system... McQuaid looked pretty good...

And yes, very one-sided officiating... solid effort all-around...

Felt like a win after seeing Buch's face light up when he scored. I hurt for Hank. Contrary to what he said, this year will be all about the process.

Reactions: Ori

member 116805

My thoughts... John Amirante is hilarious...

Refreshing to see a defensive system at work...

"Fast" -- yes.
"Relentless" -- C. I think transition will take time to get down-pat, assuming it will.
"Physical" -- no.

Vesey could've had 4-5 pts... Pionk continues to look like a huge transition piece that might not put up big point totals... doesn't need to...

Smith just needed a system... McQuaid looked pretty good...

Felt like a win after seeing Buch's face light up when he scored. I hurt for Hank. Contrary to what he said, this year will be all about the process.
They don't always go I , but im way more positive about a line that actually creates, than if they didn't. I like that VHZ line. For now. And I wasnt very excited about it when I first heard about it to be honest. They look forward good

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We played a solid game imo. Good signs moving forward IMO. Definite improvements defensively, but the lack of talent is too much to overcome.

Dude, even if we don't count the window dressing goal by Buch, we lost by one goal, the same goal that shouldn't have happened! We have less talent than Nashville, they outplayed us by a bit. But the talent discrepancy was NOT the reason we lost this game. This post sounds like confirmation bias.

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Also, we played extremely well given the circumstances. The D system was obvious. It feels like other than the leaky 2 on 1s they were extremely solid defensively. They look leagues better coached than the last few years under AV. Seeing a real system was sight for sore eyes.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Rag-tag roster that's the youngest this team has iced since the 50s just played a relatively well game against one of the best teams in the league. Henke looked phenomenal. Our hope for a future 1C had a wicked, no-look backhand assist.

They're going to suck through Christmas, but if they can keep building on this style and end this year on a high note, isn't that exactly what you should want in your first rebuild year?

This this this and this

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have a feeling it's easier to make changes to the odd man rushes than what we had the last few years. I trust Quinn to fix it sooner rather than later.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I just can't get over how bad Marc staal has been so far this season including the preseason games...I honestly didn't think he'd get worse...but man...I mean....he's not even playing like an ahl player...he's just....brutal.

This season?
As in the very first game of "this season" and against one of the best teams in the league? Haha

I guess you didn't pay much attention to Shattenkirk or Smith either?

Otherwise you wouldn't be making one of the most idiotic posts I've ever seen :laugh:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Reggie.. Get a ****ing grip.
Just because you tear it down, that doesn't guarantee you're going to hit a homerun, draft franchise players and all of a sudden win a Stanley cup.

I just do not trust this mgmt team to pull this off and be successful..

I think they have the tools, money, doctors , and facilities to pull off a planned nose dive.

The problem hasn’t been that they can’t do it. The problem is they’ve never done it.

Reactions: Rangerfans

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Dude, even if we don't count the window dressing goal by Buch, we lost by one goal, the same goal that shouldn't have happened! We have less talent than Nashville, they outplayed us by a bit. But the talent discrepancy was NOT the reason we lost this game. This post sounds like confirmation bias.

In fairness, there was a transition cliff... very good in our zone... in their zone, it was Vesey's line vs. Nashville, and they didn't produce.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
We played well for our roster...but I think ppl are down playing just how ridiculous Henrik was in this one for long stretches...this could easily have gone sideways early.

With that said there were positives abound. The only negative I just can't get over was how bad staal was...it's almost unfathomable how terrible he looked out there.

Reactions: Rangerfans

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Also, we played extremely well given the circumstances. The D system was obvious. It feels like other than the leaky 2 on 1s they were extremely solid defensively. They look leagues better coached than the last few years under AV. Seeing a real system was sight for sore eyes.
I thought they did a much better job at sticks and bodies in lanes preventing east west passes...that's what utterly torched us last year.

There's still some work to be done particularly in terms of picking up the late guy and keeping their head on a swivel...and getting Marc staal the eff off the ice.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad