Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Look the Garden renovation has been paid off and profited from.

Think of this like beneficial apoptosis and have a long term view amigo.

f*** that.. This team could've been rebuilt while remaining competitive.
I truly believe that..

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You and the board can be fine with it all you want.
I, however am not but I guess I'll just have to accept this train wreck for now..

Holy shit.

This f***ing franchise is playing the long term right for the first time since the Esposito trade if not since somewhere between the battle of midway island and the storming of Normandy, and you want to f*** the whole thing up?

member 116805

Sure...they're gonna get a lot for Zucc if he keeps playing like this, and his line was great.

Only problem is...the Rangers will look very boring and more or less helpless without him.
This I agree on. Even of my post was sarcastic :p

Fact is he had a killer game tonight, all things considered. And I didn't even look at the fancy stats

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
**** that.. This team could've been rebuilt while remaining competitive.
I truly believe that..

How many years was that rammed down our throat?

When has it worked for us?

With how much frequency has it worked for other teams?

Seriously Rangers brass/marketers/Larry brooks ghost account!

Do not listen to this man. Please just build something for once in my life!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You are right.

Leading point scorer in the preseason. Just scored the goal. Lets put Hayes and his career high 49 points out instead. Buchnevich almost reached that in his second season with 4th line minutes.

I thought we were done with the AV era of coaching.
Are you serious right now? Hayes had an awesome game tonight, and honestly Buch really was kind of invisible, as was the whole 1st line. I like Buch, and rooting hard for him, but take off your Buchglasses and be fair.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
One more thing to ponder......does anyone here feel like Nashville played their "A" game.......I don't.

It felt like a slow start to be Nashville and concerning the power ranking table; Nashville is a contender this year for sure, but they barely got 2 pts. tonight with some amazing saves from their goalie. Rangers is better than most think they are this season analytics who work for NHL etc.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
If it's designed to fail then this is an excellent roster.

Sounds like you need to wake up and face the reality of the situation.

Losing does not guarantee you the #1 pick but I'm sure you're adamant about ignoring that very important fact..

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Here is the thing, and it's the thing he has done consistently since he was on the team: he passes.
Valy has talked about this 10000x, pass east west and the chance of a goal doubles. He passes a lot. But, he still has been at the top of the team on SOG and MS the last seasons. Still everyone says he never does. He had 4 tonight.
That said, he is not a goal scorer, he is a passer, a playmaker.
Go look at his points, like 80% are primary points.
I know. Everything you said his true. He needs to pick his spots though.

Reactions: Hellion

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Oddest thing about the Amirante tribute, to me, was seeing Chris Nilan as a Ranger.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I too would choose to put out the best line our team had all night to try and tie things up in the final 35 seconds of the game, instead of a player who was just on the ice and scored a goal but otherwise had a meh night.

It's not like Quinn wasn't using Buch/his line in a scenario where they needed to score a goal. Why do you think that line was out there with less than a minute to go to begin with?

Also...whoop de friggin do about preseason scoring.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Surprisingly enough, Corsica has us winning the Adjusted 5v5 xG battle at 2.87 to 1.87, or 62.14%. Only 2 Preds in the Top 15 players in the game

BearishRiggs

Mar 21, 2013
This was fun. We made it interesting. We brought it close, but not close enough.

Some of you guys need to get used to that, fast. Or you won’t survive this season.

And as an aside, think of the teams that sucked the past few 5ish seasons. Devils. Oilers. Sabres. Leafs. Look at what their roster looked like and look at ours now. We’re going to suck, but at least we’re going to suck in style lol.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
The thing that scares me about our first line is that because they are the best we have, they will get special attention from every opponent. These guys aren’t exactly Backstrom and Ovechkin. Too much to watch tonight to focus on matchups but I’m afraid that kind of attention will be a problem that KZB has to overcome or this will be a very long season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Holy ****.

This ****ing franchise is playing the long term right for the first time since the Esposito trade if not since somewhere between the battle of midway island and the storming of Normandy, and you want to **** the whole thing up?
Rag-tag roster that's the youngest this team has iced since the 50s just played a relatively well game against one of the best teams in the league. Henke looked phenomenal. Our hope for a future 1C had a wicked, no-look backhand assist.

They're going to suck through Christmas, but if they can keep building on this style and end this year on a high note, isn't that exactly what you should want in your first rebuild year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad