Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
In all seriousness hopefully we will see DeAngelo next game - I really missed him on the ice, but since it was a game opening night - Quinn probably rely on their veteran present.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Shattenkirk wasn't bad but that screen on the 2nd goal was brutal. Can't have veteran players doing that. That's inexcusable.
I re-watched that play over and over......I swear I feel like it wasn't that bad of a screen of Hank. He really should have seen/saved it. Hank has a tendency to do that to his d.....u know.

Reactions: EEL

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
DET picked up a point, OTT picked up a point. We're tied with ARZ and BUF for Hughes.
Buffalo. I'm sure they need another first overall pick. lol Wouldn't be shocked. I see them closer to that than competing for a playoff spot.

Reactions: Tob

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
it's just a horrible mix of players on a roster that's designed to fail.

JG's work at his finest...

You're saying this like everyone denies it but almost the entire board knows this and has accepted it. Most of us are fine with it in the context of the way the last 8 or so seasons played out

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
4 million dollar player. 2 years only thank goodness

Yeah, that contract is terrible. Fortunately cap space shouldn't matter while he's on the books.

I mean, his play on the ice aside, the guy is a huge Bieber fan. The hell was Gorton thinking?

Reactions: bl02

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Staal was the worst player on the ice. And I think we all expected that. And if that’s the case for all 82 were in better shape than we thought.

Zucc absolutely brain dead tonight. He jumped on to be the 7th man. He shot when the situation called for a pass and vice versa.

Vesey couldn’t shoot but learned how to pass. I’m not sure if this will last, he showed up everytime we’ve played Nashville.

Pionk struggled with their size and giving them too much space.

ADA should play next game.

Bold prediction: Chytil will be better than Hayes before the calendar year is out.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
You can sit here until you're blue in the face and try to analyze how this team plays but at the end of the day, it's just a horrible mix of players on a roster that's designed to fail.

Look the Garden renovation has been paid off and profited from.

Think of this like beneficial apoptosis and have a long term view amigo.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
There were some things from a structure perspective that I liked and think they'll improve on moving forward:

Collapsing guys down low helps clean up second chances and helps kickstart transition going the other way with short breakouts. Even if there weren't outlets open, they reset the play rather than forcing it. That being said, there was pretty poor execution on breakouts, which I think will get cleaned up with time. This also could be a by-product of Nashville being an incredible defensive team in transition, so struggling to move the puck against them isn't abnormal.

In the offensive end, I think they need a lot of work and need to stop trying to overpass laterally (LOOKING AT YOU, ZUCC). They also need to be careful about overcommitting and being too aggressive because Nashville caught on in the 2nd period and were able to start generating a lot of odd-man rushes.

The result sucks, but I like where the process is going. They came out flat, but Quinn got them to get skating and keep pace with one of the best in the league. Saturday should be a win for us against a bad Sabres team.

member 116805

If Hayes-Zucc-Vesey keep it up, they can dominate less tough competition than the Preds. Zucc, love the guy, but he will continue to do Zucc things. Like making one pass to many.
Here is the thing, and it's the thing he has done consistently since he was on the team: he passes.
Valy has talked about this 10000x, pass east west and the chance of a goal doubles. He passes a lot. But, he still has been at the top of the team on SOG and MS the last seasons. Still everyone says he never does. He had 4 tonight.
That said, he is not a goal scorer, he is a passer, a playmaker.
Go look at his points, like 80% are primary points.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You're saying this like everyone denies it but almost the entire board knows this and has accepted it. Most of us are fine with it in the context of the way the last 8 or so seasons played out

You and the board can be fine with it all you want.
I, however am not but I guess I'll just have to accept this train wreck for now..

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
You can sit here until you're blue in the face and try to analyze how this team plays but at the end of the day, it's just a horrible mix of players on a roster that's designed to fail.

If it's designed to fail then this is an excellent roster.

Reactions: pld459666
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad