Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They need to show Pionk some tape of the 2 on 1's that he was back for. Each time he gave the shooter far too much time and space.

Hank looked very good, definitely bailed the defense out many times. This game could've been much worse considering the amount of odd man rushes the Preds had.

Kreider looked hesitant all night.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Finishing has never been Zucc's strong point.
He had some great saves though so give the Nashville goalie some credits too, but I agree he should at least score one goal and same with Vesey with his chances this night.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
To reply to a last post in the GDT:

What's the temperature of this board? Are we allowed to kinda be rooting for a bottom-5 finish so we can get another elite talent?

I want to watch good hockey, I hate the prospect of seeing losing every night, but at the end of the day, this team is still a couple long term pieces short. Feel like tank it up, get Kaako or somebody in the draft, sign Panarin, then you can close the door on the talent acquisition portion of the rebuild, and start really developing them at that point.

I'm hoping for a low finish and a lotto shot but with compete levels. One-goal games, everyone learning the system, seeing new faces rotate in and adapt...

We're very likely not even a hopeful bubble playoff team, so at this point for me it's really hoping for both things but I'd prefer they finish middle of the pack with good tight games and compete level than finish bottom rung with a lot of blowouts and lack of motivation. Getting the better pick(s) is certainly desired/needed, but even more is developing well and building the team spirit and competitiveness with the new coach and new guys. Basically no Edmontoning is my POV. Some will say you're not a true fan if you don't always wish for a win but there's also a middle ground more realistic take on it, I believe, and that's what I want to see.

Reactions: mschmidt64 and Ori

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
OK..Not too much to be upset about tonight.
I can't say any of the top players made much of an impact but on the bright side, Quinn's system is looking legit thus far..

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Nashville scoring literally seconds after the refs didn't call a blatant high stick against them was brutal.

Then they give us a PP late and the PP was pretty bad, couldn't get anything going.

Vesey looked good. Great assist by Chytil. Howden had a decent game on the forecheck.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->