Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Thank you for the separate Post Game Thread.

I cannot tell you how much I loathe when the Gameday Thread just carries over to the Post Game and we don't get a separate thread
I dont loathe it but it's like sand. "Rough, coarse and irritating..." How is it course? f*** if I know. I'm just using star wars prequel memes as a non sequitur to indicate that "it makes me uncomfortable"

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
There are no moral victories. This was a classic Rangers’ loss. When will we shed the same old same old?

This is my 41st year as a fan. This game felt too familiar. Can’t finish. Tease at the end. Inventing new ways to screw up, like 7 men on the ice. Oh and Shattenkirk is awful.

You down for the tank?

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
For your typical ‘first game of the season’ against an upper echelon team, we actually did pretty well. I liked the resiliency towards the end but there were a lot of bonehead plays, and they paid for it.

I will also add that if we had more PP time for some of the missed calls, we could be moving into OT, or the Rangers walk away with a win.

I hate when plays are blown by the refs and the players are furious, and on the very next play since the Rangers aren’t focused from the missed call, they get scored on.

Looking forward to the individual player development and the call ups from Hartford throughout the season.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We played a solid game imo. Good signs moving forward IMO. Definite improvements defensively, but the lack of talent is too much to overcome.

I think we will out play our expected points. I liked what I saw and we looked much better coached in this game than what we saw under AV, but I completely agree. That defense just doesn't employ very much talent, and the offensive talent is average, at best. Probably not average.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think we will out play our expected points. I liked what I saw and we looked much better coached in this game than what we saw under AV, but I completely agree. That defense just doesn't employ very much talent, and the offensive talent is average, at best. Probably not average.

I think its clearly below average.

Granted Nashville is pretty f***ing good.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
every night after a loss for the tank

forced-smile.gif

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Hank was great tonight. Hope he stays mentally healthy with a team on the rebuild.

KZB was flat... All night until the point where it didn't matter. None of them clicked and they looked a hell of a lot slower as a unit then we fans know they are. Expecting a lot more then this trio this season. It's their time to lead.

Chytil's line didn't look out of place. He got more comfortable as the game went on. Good to see him gain a helper on game 1.

Hayes line was pretty solid. Created offense but couldn't convert. So many chances for Vesey. One was a good bounce, but good to see none the less.

If that is the Howden were going to see this season that's a significant upgrade from Boo. And I like Boo, but I think this kid is a player.

Defense I didn't think terrible. I actually expected to see worse, but they handled their own against a legit club tonight.

Entertaining first game of the season.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
For your typical ‘first game of the season’ against an upper echelon team, we actually did pretty well. I liked the resiliency towards the end but there were a lot of bonehead plays, and they paid for it.

I will also add that if we had more PP time for some of the missed calls, we could be moving into OT, or the Rangers walk away with a win.

I hate when plays are blown by the refs and the players are furious, and on the very next play since the Rangers aren’t focused from the missed call, they get scored on.

It’s gonna be a bland season with a lot of call ups. Looking forward to the individual player development.

Think of this as the point of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad