Post-Game Talk: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
The game was fun though - they created a lot of chances 5 v 5 which seldom happened in pre season, and Chytil had a good assist, Fast scored, and it was a tight game until the final seconds.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
We played hard although not necessarily well. It's painfully obvious that the team needs a talent upgrade. Our first line simply isn't good enough to trouble a team like the Preds.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
1. Hank
2. Skjei
3. Fast
HM - Vesey

Chytil and Howden did some nice things as well. Our 1st line was completely ineffective. Skjei was by far the best of our D. Hank was very good. Refs were crap.

Would have taken a 3-2 loss at the start of the game. We're still not quite there in the D-zone with our gap-control and assignments, and some teams will really be able to exploit it, but we looked much more composed than for most of last season; also did a much better job at denying them extended zone time.

We are still short a finisher or 2 and as good as he was tonight it doesn't look like Vesey can be one of those

Reactions: Calad

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
So to analyze last years full blowout..

i like Howden, he can be fun to watch..

Names and Spooner went missing? I heard Spooners name once in the 2nd. Oh and Names served the to many men penelty.

Status on Hajek? Can he play hockey?

Im wondering what the long term plan on D is? Seeing we are giving a guy we put on waivers last season top 4 minutes.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Upset we didn't get away with scoring a 7 on 4 goal. This is karma for Jimmy walking and signing with us.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
A lot to like tonight. Some wrinkles to iron out and a number of guys showing rust, but we held our own against last year's President's Trophy Winners who have kept their team largely intact. Sucks about the result, but the level was pretty damn good.

Hopefully more of this to come from Skjei, and hopefully Vesey plays like he did in the first half. Buch needs to stop getting crushed along the boards, though. Hank with a great game.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I can take losing if they compete like this.
Bingo. You gotta know Hank is seething about that 2nd goal. Why wasn't that called on McQuaid high stick to the face? The refs even got together about it. Anyway, like they didn't give up. Hank better get used to this. We played very well, everyone was a little rusty as expected. If Vesey had ANY luck at all......or would that be talent? Jeez,not trying to wake up the Vesey haters.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Defense is awful. This team doesn't employ a top-pairing defensemen. A lot of problems at the bottom end of the defense, as well. Staal is not an NHL'er. Smith had a very bad first game.

I liked what I saw of Howden. More minutes for him. Top line was bad. They scored a goal, but they need to be better than what they showed today. More minutes for Fast and Chytil. Great assist by Chytil. Vesey had a nice game. Hopefully he can keep it up or at least some decent play. Hank played very well. Nice performance from him.

Gresch04

Feb 12, 2009
There are no moral victories. This was a classic Rangers’ loss. When will we shed the same old same old? The way I knew we’d lose is the same way I knew Pittsburgh would win that wild game vs Washington.

This is my 41st year as a fan. This game felt too familiar. Can’t finish. Tease at the end. Inventing new ways to screw up, like 7 men on the ice. Oh and Shattenkirk is awful.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I want to lose for Hughes, but I can't bring myself to root for losses. I'm not going to be able to watch this season.

I can bring myself to root for losses, but it doesn't feel good. Obviously after the last half decade, I want to be competing for the Cup.

But what's the most likely way back? Trying to milk every win out of the young guys you have right now, and adding a 15th overall pick next year?

Or losing a ton and adding a potential elite talent while doing no real harm to your kids because you've kept them sheltered?

I'll take the latter.

0-1. It's a start.

Reactions: Doctor King Schultz

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Bingo. You gotta know Hank is seething about that 2nd goal. Why wasn't that called on McQuaid high stick to the face? The refs even got together about it. Anyway, like they didn't give up. Hank better get used to this. We played very well, everyone was a little rusty as expected. If Vesey had ANY luck at all......or would that be talent? Jeez,not trying to wake up the Vesey haters.

Knights game was starting at 10.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The Good-Hayes line were monsters all game,just couldnt bury anything.Hank was vintage Hank.Howden really played well.Fast was Fast,hes always great.The Bad-Shattenkirk was horrendous tonight.Slow and fumbling the puck all over the ice.Got burned 1 on 1 quite a few times.KZB line were playing too cute/overpassing,not getting pucks to the net.That late goal doesnt change the fact all 3 must be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->