GDT: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Ahhh so close now - hopefully Henrik slept well so he can have a good game. Hopefully the whole team play well this evening 5 v 5 as well, let`s go!!! :)

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I thought Vesey had one good pre season game in his last game with Howden, and it will surprise me if he gets a top 6 role in the opening night, because he is not a top 6 player and in other pre season games Vesey looked out of place and really struggled especially with the same line as Chytil.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes it`s not rocket science concerning Vesey, and those who think otherwise don`t really look at his performance in his games. He is a 4th line player with limited ice time or a depth guy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Both Vesey and Namestnikov are 3rd and 4th liners. Neither should be in the top 6.

Think they could if got the prospects they did without miller and Namestnikov involved ?

Miller looks a lot better so hopefully Namestnikov doesn’t kill his trade value

Reactions: Ori

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
my Heart desperately wants the playoffs.

My head desperately wants a complete tear down by February 28.
I look at it like this:

Sure, getting a high draft pick is good for the franchise going forward. But there's 82 games left in the season. I'm rooting for them to go 82-0-0 right now, the same way I do every year. Even if them winning now will hurt their draft lottery chances, I don't care. I'm a fan, I want them to win every game.

Now, if it's April and they're in the basement, sure I won't mind them losing, But right now? I'm all in with wanting them to win every game.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
I look at it like this:

Sure, getting a high draft pick is good for the franchise going forward. But there's 82 games left in the season. I'm rooting for them to go 82-0-0 right now, the same way I do every year. Even if them winning now will hurt their draft lottery chances, I don't care. I'm a fan, I want them to win every game.

Now, if it's April and they're in the basement, sure I won't mind them losing, But right now? I'm all in with wanting them to win every game.

Cherish this day, for it is the day when we're on the same par with the 2018-19 President's Trophy and Stanley Cup winners.

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
12% overcome. 88% fail. Seems pretty significant.

The stat is certainly interesting, though it might be a little misleading. It essentially treats all >4pt teams equally, which isn't necessarily realistic.

If, for example, you exclude just the last place team in each conference (I haven't looked but I doubt a team in last on Nov 1st. has made it) that bumps the success rate of the remaining teams up closer to 25%. That seems a little more in line with what you would intuitively expect it to be. In some cases you could probably exclude more teams that are noticeably closer to the bottom then then top, which would likely move the success rate closer to 30-40%

I think a more meaningful way to do this, if you're reading this Elliotte Friedman :laugh:, would be to track playoff appearances as a function of some standard deviation of points from the conference mean on a given date.

Enough nerding, carry on, I'll see myself out.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I look at it like this:

Yeah, this isn't the NFL. Even the worst team will win its share of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad