GDT: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hopefully the more intense practices and emphasis on hard work will have them ready for the season opener compared to how they opened under AV (totally overwhelmed and unprepared)

I think that's a big reason why Chytil got no icetime and was sent down after 2 games last year...the whole team looked overwhelmed, things were falling apart all over the place, and AV wasn't going to keep throwing a rookie out there in that situation.

Having a team actually prepared to play and match the other teams intensity should make things easier for Chytil I hope and hopefully more watchable for us.

Reactions: Tob

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I can see it now, Hank stops Forsberg on a breakaway during the first shift of the game, Sam voices his inner Harry Doyle, and says you can tell a lot how a season’s going to go by your goaltender’s first save. And then Subban scores from center ice right after, and Larry Brooks and the other writers react to Sam:sarcasm:

Attachments

• 92BD4601-1C3B-4745-9F37-6C71B5CC6DE8.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Hopefully the more intense practices and emphasis on hard work will have them ready for the season opener compared to how they opened under AV (totally overwhelmed and unprepared)

I think that's a big reason why Chytil got no icetime and was sent down after 2 games last year...the whole team looked overwhelmed, things were falling apart all over the place, and AV wasn't going to keep throwing a rookie out there in that situation.

Having a team actually prepared to play and match the other teams intensity should make things easier for Chytil I hope and hopefully more watchable for us.

Agreed. Although wasn't last year's opener a big win for the Rangers?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
So...who scores the first NYR goal of the season?
Zibanejad on the PP with roughly 7 minutes to go in the first. Shattenkirk gets the A1.

Zibanejad on the power play

giphy.gif

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Couple pre-game thoughts...

1) Not sure Lettieri sticks in the lineup long if they don't plan on using him on the PP. Could see McLeod in that spot soon, like it or not.
2) I have a hunch that this is a big breakout offensive year for Spooner. I've long seen potential for a Brassard-esque breakout here.
3) Pionk will likely lead the D in TOI due to double-tasking PP and PK. Even strength TOI will be a better indicator of what the 'top pairing' is.
4) Who's gonna shoot the puck on the Hayes line?
5) Since the team is unlikely to be top 10 in 5v5 play, PP and PK will be extremely important.
6) Will this be a coach who gives certain lines for O-zone or D-zone faceoff responsibilities?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
I thought they actually dominated the game and Varlamov was insanely ridiculous. Like outshot Colorado 44-19, or something close to that.

you're thinking of the game where we outshot Colorado 21-6 in the first period a few years ago and Varlamov kept it 0-0 after 18 shots and we broke through with 2 goals late in the 1st, one by Callahan.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
you're thinking of the game where we outshot Colorado 21-6 in the first period a few years ago and Varlamov kept it 0-0 after 18 shots and we broke through with 2 goals late in the 1st, one by Callahan.
Actually, Rangers did outshoot Colorado 39-25 in a 4-2 loss, which was tied 2-2 after one. Zibanejad had both Ranger goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad