GDT: #1 - 10/04/18 | predators @ RANGERS | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Not for nothing namestnikov is on the fourth line because that’s where his play warrants him to be. An absolute dog since he’s gotten here. Play better and you’ll get a top 9 spot back. Total Joke the way he’s played

Reactions: pld459666

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Who the hell even knows what the 2018-19 NY Rangers are going to be. New coach, new players, new system... etc etc etc. All I know is that 10 years ago the Rangers sent this lineup out there on Opening Night...

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dubinsky - Drury - Dawes
Prucha - Korpikoski - Callahan
Voros - Betts - Orr

Redden - Rozsival
Girardi - Staal
Kalinin - Mara

Lundqvist

...and preceded to make the playoffs and come within a few minutes of eliminating the 108 point Capitals.

Again. Who knows? LGR.

The roster you mentioned was way better than the roster tonight.

In all fairness to you, tonight is not the roster iced in October 1993 either, so who knows?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Does Vesey's play warrant him to be on the 2nd line?

Of course not but at least he’s trying out there which is more than anyone can say about namestnikov. He shouldn’t be given that spot based off his play no way.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Who the hell even knows what the 2018-19 NY Rangers are going to be. New coach, new players, new system... etc etc etc. All I know is that 10 years ago the Rangers sent this lineup out there on Opening Night...

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dubinsky - Drury - Dawes
Prucha - Korpikoski - Callahan
Voros - Betts - Orr

Redden - Rozsival
Girardi - Staal
Kalinin - Mara

Lundqvist

...and preceded to make the playoffs and come within a few minutes of eliminating the 108 point Capitals.

Again. Who knows? LGR.

Who was better?

That version of Hank or the current version?

That version of Staal or... What ever the f*** we have now?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Of course not but at least he’s trying out there which is more than anyone can say about namestnikov. He shouldn’t be given that spot based off his play no way.
So then I'm confused. Namestnikov is on the 4th line because he should be there, and Quinn is right, so you are right. But Quinn is wrong about Vesey on the 2nd line because he doesn't deserve to be there, but you're still right about Vesey?

Just trying to follow the logic here.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I keep thinking that Quinn is a poor man's Mike Sullivan.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
So then I'm confused. Namestnikov is on the 4th line because he should be there, and Quinn is right, so you are right. But Quinn is wrong about Vesey on the 2nd line because he doesn't deserve to be there, but you're still right about Vesey?

Just trying to follow the logic here.
Coaches are infallible when they agree with me and mentally infants when they disagree with me.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Who was better?

That version of Hank or the current version?

That version of Staal or... What ever the **** we have now?

Who's better? Skjei or 2008-09 Redden? Kreider or a broken Naslund? The point is even in retrospect we can see several of those players had awful, awful seasons... Drury and Naslund showed they were breaking down... but then some unexpected contributions from younger players and good goalie play kept their heads above water. And that was even with an established coach and system in Renney, so you could have an idea of what to expect. During a rebuild you are constantly evaluating what you have. NYR doesn't even really know what they have yet.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I keep thinking that Quinn is a poor man's Mike Sullivan.

So after Edmonton gets a few more 1st OAs and they become a dynasty, Quinn can go make finger paintings behind the bench en route to his 6th cup in a row as head coach of the Oilers. He will then be known as the poor man's mastermind since Sullivan is now the normal income genius behind Crosby.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Who's better? Skjei or 2008-09 Redden? Kreider or a broken Naslund? The point is even in retrospect we can see several of those players had awful, awful seasons... Drury and Naslund showed they were breaking down... but then some unexpected contributions from younger players and good goalie play kept their heads above water. And that was even with an established coach and system in Renney, so you could have an idea of what to expect. During a rebuild you are constantly evaluating what you have. NYR doesn't even really know what they have yet.

This roster is weaker, and the main carry [hint: the Swedish dude with the custom painted mask] who dragged this franchise out of most likely a slightly better than mediocre new era® is way, way less dominant now.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yeah but Hank was the reason that team got in, and barely as an 8th seed.

Theres a pretty big difference between what he was then (in the prime of his career) to what he is now (Still pretty good, but not nearly as good and prone to more stinkers.)

We don't know what we have and yeah, it should be eval time but that team (08-09) was further along and had less ?'s at key positions.

Drury had a pretty good season that year btw. It wasn't until the season after where things started to go off the rails.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I recon that it is, but OTOH, how many teams are 4 pts out by Nov 1 given how even the league is and the amount of 3 pts game we see? Its not 14 per year of course.
I recon that it is, but OTOH, how many teams are 4 pts out by Nov 1 given how even the league is and the amount of 3 pts game we see? Its not 14 per year of course.
12% overcome. 88% fail. Seems pretty significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad