GDT: 05/05/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 3 Chicago @ Minnesota - 2:00 p.m. CDT - NBC/CBC/RDS

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If they'd 'deserved' to be in it, they'd be there. This makes zero sense. Doesn't matter when you get the wins if you have the points. They didn't deserve s***. They didn't earn it or they'd be in the playoffs.

You'll notice I qualified my argument as far as their points go.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I'll fully admit that I was/am as negative about the Wild's chances in this playoffs series.

However it is pretty amazing to think that the Wild are just a game 1 crossbar away from LEADING this series 2-1.

Wild have played better than I ever thought they could.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
What we need is the good defensive play of game 1 combined with the excellent offensive play of game 3. Combine those 2 and you get history repeating itself as the President's Trophy Winning Hawks could end up going down to another Minnesota team that squeaked in.

If I am a Hawks fan, I am very scared of history repeating itself.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Dude this Bud Light couch commercial is getting on my nerves now. I just wish they kept the Pitbull commercial and played it as much as they do this one.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Definitely have to be better defensively. Both Hawk's goals were because Wild players were all watching the man with the puck and not picking up the open man.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dude this Bud Light couch commercial is getting on my nerves now. I just wish they kept the Pitbull commercial and played it as much as they do this one.

Everyone on this board does.

The end of our streak coincided with the end of the Pitbull commercial.

COINCIDENCE? I think not!

Too bad nobody from Fox Sports North or Budweiser reads this board. We could maybe get Pitbull back.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I was thinking about this on the way home. Remember a few weeks ago when Fletcher was talking about injuries, and made the comment that there were more guys hurt, but wouldn't give names? Is it at all possible that one of those guys is Koivu? Maybe his shoulder is effed up again, because something about him is just way off.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has, I apologize), but it's too good.

DejectedHawksfan.jpg

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Probably the best or second-best Wild game I've ever been to.

Place exploded with Zucker's goal. I was SRO at the top of the upper deck...the usher to my right started jumping up and down yelling, running around the concourse high-fiving people.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
168122122_slide.jpg

Also, I liked the long interview Zucker did during the HNIC postgame show. My favorite part was when he was asked about why he left to the locker room, he responded "I had to get some fixes *silence from the interviewer*".

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
168122122_slide.jpg

Also, I liked the long interview Zucker did on the HNIC postgame show. My favorite part was when he was asked about why he left to the locker room, he responded "I had to get some fixes *silence from the interviewer*".

I love the Hawks fans in that picture. The depressed one sitting down and obscured, and the one in white standing up, hands on his head with an "OH WELL" look on his face.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I was thinking about this on the way home. Remember a few weeks ago when Fletcher was talking about injuries, and made the comment that there were more guys hurt, but wouldn't give names? Is it at all possible that one of those guys is Koivu? Maybe his shoulder is effed up again, because something about him is just way off.

Yes, I remember him saying some of the guys were playing legitimately hurt (or something to that effect anyway). As for whether Koivu's one of them, it's possible. We won't know until our season's over, maybe not even then. But what I've seen from him lately (not just the playoffs) does imply that there's an injury and the shoulder's the most likely choice. I still think he did a hell of a job rebounding in this game after what happened on Friday. Something has been stopping him from getting the best out of himself and most likely it's something physical.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey

Won't know until the season is over, would sure be nice to know he was injured as some sort of explanation as to his lack of production during the playoffs, other then just a terrible playoffs which this organization doesn't need from him either. Though, thought he was better all around tonight then certainly the first two games.

Not sure if this has been posted yet (if it has, I apologize), but it's too good.

DejectedHawksfan.jpg

That's my new laptop background and might be my favorite photo i've seen in a long while.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
On the game BTW, you know the whole thing for me coming into this series is respectability. Of course NO ONE picking us to win more then a game let alone the series from the Hawks and obviously we are still very much up against it in this series. But just that whole word to me is resptability, didn't want, and the team couldn't afford to get swept. As i've state Mike Yeo has his problems this year, but the organization can't afford to keep firing coaches and I like his system, very much want him to get a chance to start the year next year still as the coach. The fans especially given the performances recently on home ice were aprehensive, they needed to be reminded this organization is heading in the right direction. Outside of our playoff wins in 03, there is no win more important in franchise history then tonight. It was just one win, but psychologically, for the fans, the team, and the league, it could not have been more important, or more dramatic!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
On the game BTW, you know the whole thing for me coming into this series is respectability. Of course NO ONE picking us to win more then a game let alone the series from the Hawks and obviously we are still very much up against it in this series. But just that whole word to me is resptability, didn't want, and the team couldn't afford to get swept. As i've state Mike Yeo has his problems this year, but the organization can't afford to keep firing coaches and I like his system, very much want him to get a chance to start the year next year still as the coach. The fans especially given the performances recently on home ice were aprehensive, they needed to be reminded this organization is heading in the right direction. Outside of our playoff wins in 03, there is no win more important in franchise history then tonight. It was just one win, but psychologically, for the fans, the team, and the league, it could not have been more important, or more dramatic!

I would still like to know what you like about his system.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
This was an exciting game to watch from start to finish for MN. I though Chicago came out hard but we started hitting and playing very well towards the middle of the first. I want to see this ramped up on Tuesday. I think if we can send this back to Chicago 2-2 we have a good shot of winning the series.

Also what a game by Brodin, 28:26 in TOI was a +1 and defended well all night.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
No more turteling while holding the lead please. It almost killed our chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad