GDT: 05/05/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 3 Chicago @ Minnesota - 2:00 p.m. CDT - NBC/CBC/RDS

ValidVick*

Wow, if you guys can push this series to the point where Pommer comes back, you have a real chance at an upset here. He'd be a huge help for your scoring.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
yup, this board is still full of the same kind of people who yell shoot the entire powerplay.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The Devils board is hilarious. Well worth a read from the start of our game until the OT winner.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
He ****ing should. Dumbass almost cost us the ****ing game. ****ing turtling like that:rant: As soon as it happened, after the timeout was called, it was ****ing obvious... we outplay them almost the whole game, then we ****ing do that Mother****er...

He still needs to get kicked the hell out.
:handclap::handclap:

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Oh... my... GAWD

Today was AAWWWEEESSOOMMMMEEEEE

Words fail to describe how happy I am.

I will never forget this man. What an awesome first playoff game EVER. More than I can ask for,

PS: I didnt see anyone else wear a Zucker jersey except for ... ME! :)

HUGE WIN TODAY!

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
big powerplay issues: no movement, koivu and suter spending like a minute passing it between each other before suter throws it on net

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dust and bitter ashes, sour grapes, and butthurt?

Absolutely delicious.

Wonder if the Bluejackets board is still on the "hate Minnesota" bandwagon too. Might lurk over there for a good laugh perhaps.

Now, that one's not so funny. They really deserved to be in it the way they are playing. Points and everything aside..they would be playing Chicago right now had we or Detroit lost on the final day. That's a god damned heart breaker there. So yeah, not funny.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
He ****ing should. Dumbass almost cost us the ****ing game. ****ing turtling like that:rant: As soon as it happened, after the timeout was called, it was ****ing obvious... we outplay them almost the whole game, then we ****ing do that Mother****er...

He still needs to get kicked the hell out.

Look at even the Devils fanbase talk about Yeo along with their hatred of JP, Zach, the Wild. It's no secret even to a fanbase who hates the Wild what happened after that TO and how we went into turtlemode thanks to Yeo.

I love the guy personally, he wears his heart on his sleeve, but I just don't think he can get it done as our coach long term. He's not always going to have Zucker bailing him out.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Absolutely delicious.

Now, that one's not so funny. They really deserved to be in it the way they are playing. Points and everything aside..they would be playing Chicago right now had we or Detroit lost on the final day. That's a god damned heart breaker there. So yeah, not funny.

It is if you lived in Ohio (which I have), and it was "Minnesota's fault" for them not getting in, not their team.

The amount of bile spilled after that one and how people wanted all heartbreaking Wild defeats for them to go out of the playoffs definitely didn't make me think highly of the very small contingent that makes up Bluejackets nation.

Had there not been that much "butthurt" from their fan base headed in our direction (look at Detroit and their calls down the stretch, yet no shots taken there) then I would have brushed it off.

That wasn't the case however (nor was just the in general anti-Minnesota sentiment in that region and league wide especially after that night) made my sympathy factor go down to slightly above zero.

I hate Detroit more than any other team (after growing up there when they were the Yankees of hockey) and I wanted Columbus and Minnesota in instead, but that wasn't to be the case down the stretch.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
It is if you lived in Ohio (which I have), and it was "Minnesota's fault" for them not getting in, not their team.

The amount of bile spilled after that one and how people wanted all heartbreaking Wild defeats for them to go out of the playoffs definitely didn't make me think highly of the very small contingent that makes up Bluejackets nation.

Had there not been that much "butthurt" from their fan base headed in our direction (look at Detroit and their calls down the stretch, yet no shots taken there) then I would have brushed it off.

That wasn't the case however (nor was just the in general anti-Minnesota sentiment in that region and league wide especially after that night) made my sympathy factor go down to slightly above zero.

I hate Detroit more than any other team (after growing up there when they were the Yankees of hockey) and I wanted Columbus and Minnesota in instead, but that wasn't to be the case down the stretch.

I am a Cleveland native. I loved the Penguins forever. I have family there. I always loved the North Stars and then Wild. As a Cleveland native I am torn because I want Columbus to do well and would love more than anything for hockey to grow more in my native state of Ohio. As you can see from my three teams in my avatar, I like all three teams, have the biggest emotional connection to the Wild, second is the Pens, and then Columbus. But yes, I didn't like the Blue Jackets complaining about the Wild after they didn't get in. They keep this up and I will be down to only two teams in my avatar. lol

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

If they'd 'deserved' to be in it, they'd be there. This makes zero sense. Doesn't matter when you get the wins if you have the points. They didn't deserve s***. They didn't earn it or they'd be in the playoffs.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

CBJ would have been so dangerous in the playoffs - I watched a lot of their games down the stretch, and they had belief, big time.

Detroit should be the target of their anger though, not the Wild.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
I think the Wild played a hell of a game today. Outside of that turtle with 6 to go... I think the Wild were the better team for the majority of the game.

That's how the Wild need to play. They need to bang these Hawks scorers into the boards. They've already gotten in Toews' head, and if they can rattle Kane they can take this series.

Was Rupp hurt or just slow? (or both?). I think if the Wild are gonna have a forward they never play, they should dress Granlund, simply for having an extra center around in case somebody gets hurt, and a guy who could step in on the PP and help there.

Scandella has found his game. I think being in the AHL for most of this season really bugged him, and he's a player looking to make an impression for next year. There's no way Falk or Prosser play over him next year since he can't be sent to the AHL.

Falk actually looked physical today... he needs to use his size if he's ever going to be an effective player. Yes he took a stupid penalty... but I'd rather him take a stupid penalty that way than play like he's a slower version of Spurgeon.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Oh... my... GAWD

Today was AAWWWEEESSOOMMMMEEEEE

Words fail to describe how happy I am.

I will never forget this man. What an awesome first playoff game EVER. More than I can ask for,

PS: I didnt see anyone else wear a Zucker jersey except for ... ME! :)

HUGE WIN TODAY!

I've been wearing my Zucker jersey T-shirt since right after I woke up. I've never been so proud :yo:

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I am a Cleveland native. I loved the Penguins forever. I have family there. I always loved the North Stars and then Wild. As a Cleveland native I am torn because I want Columbus to do well and would love more than anything for hockey to grow more in my native state of Ohio. As you can see from my three teams in my avatar, I like all three teams, have the biggest emotional connection to the Wild, second is the Pens, and then Columbus. But yes, I didn't like the Blue Jackets complaining about the Wild after they didn't get in. They keep this up and I will be down to only two teams in my avatar. lol

Well, most of the hockey diehards quite frankly are in the Northern ends of the state and are either Red Wings fans or Penguins fans. Those that hate everything Detroit or Pittsburgh went with different teams before the Bluejackets existed.

Since you are from Cleveland, you'll know that anyway, but I think a lot of people don't know much about Ohio sports-wise unless they've lived there as it's cut up quite a bit, just like Indiana.

I always thought when Columbus came into the league they should have been "Ohio" instead of "Columbus" since you alienate a ton of people just by having that in their name.

I have friends from Columbus who hate Ohio State so much, that they won't root for what would otherwise be their home team.

I agree though. I kinda thought the whole "both recent expansion franchises" thing might have the two rooting for each other, which I was doing, but in the end apparently that wasn't the case.

For me if the Wild blew it, it was on the Wild and Yeo, not on Columbus, just like last year was due to injuries and horrible play down the stretch.

Had this team tanked out I would have pulled for the Bluejackets (as the underdog with a good story) and the Bruins since most of my living family is from Boston and games at the Gahden are amazing.

C'est la vie.

CBJ would have been so dangerous in the playoffs - I watched a lot of their games down the stretch, and they had belief, big time.

Detroit should be the target of their anger though, not the Wild.

Agreed, and it would have been great to have them in, but they didn't do enough in the end. They've got a great platform now and my guess is even with realignment next year they come out firing. A chip on the shoulder can take you a long way.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i was wondering when we were gonna start checking / hitting. great game! i wish we had a healthy heatr, pommer, backs & granlund was playing as good as or better than zucker! we have to out work them cause i really dont see any weaknesses in the hawks game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad