GDT: 05/05/13 - WCQF PLAYOFFS Game 3 Chicago @ Minnesota - 2:00 p.m. CDT - NBC/CBC/RDS

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN

Western Conference Quarter Final Game 3
2 :hawks @ :wild 0
Going to the Xcel Energy Center for the first time this playoffs:
BJM4FlyCAAAbHfZ.jpg

It's been a fantastic series so far!

BJdItJwCIAAxCiU.jpg:large

blackhawks-ice-crew-girl.jpg

Chicago Blackhawks

Players to watch:

blackhawks-mural.jpg

Jonathan Toews
2GP 0G 0A 0P +0 (Reg: 47GP 23G 25A 48P +28)

th

Patrick Kane
2GP 0G 3A 3P +2 (Reg: 47GP 23G 32A 55P +11)

th

Bryan Bickell
2GP 2G 0A 2P +2 (Reg: 48GP 9G 14A 23P +12)

duncan-keith.jpg

Duncan Kieth
2GP 0G 2A 2P +2 (Reg: 47GP 3G 24A 27P +16)

Corey+Crawford+Chicago+Blackhawks+v+Phoenix+CwFh8Y74Ynhl.jpg

Corey Crawford
2GS 1.31GAA .945SV% 2-0 0SO (Reg: 28GS 1.94GAA .926SV% 19-5-3 3SO)

Brandon Saad - Jonathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Patrick Sharp - Michal Handzus - Patrick Kane
Bryan Bickell - Andrew Shaw - Viktor Stalberg
Brandon Bollig - Marcus Kruger - Michael Frolik

Duncan Keith - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Johnny Oduya - Brent Seabrook
Nick Leddy - Michal Rozsival

Corey Crawford
Ray Emery (?)

Tommy_Didnt_Stop_The_Party.gif

BJIW9woCIAAKTEn.jpg:large

Minnesota Wild

Players to watch:

Zach+Parise+Oakland+Athletics+v+Minnesota+hx8epA0IreLl.jpg

Zach Parise
2GP 0G 0A 0P -3 (Reg: 48GP 18G 20A 38P +2)

RyanSuter.jpg

Ryan Suter
2GP 0G 0A 0P -3 (Reg: 48GP 4G 28A 32P +2)

20120103__120104Setoguchi_400.jpg

Devin Setoguchi
2GP 1G 0A 1P -1 (Reg: 48GP 13G 14A 27P +5)

clutterstache1125dl.jpg

Cal Clutterbuck
2GP 1G 0A 1P +1 (Reg: 42GP 4G 6A 10P -5)

580x386

Josh Harding
2GS 2.65GAA .929SV% 0-2 0SO (Reg: 5GS 3.24GAA .863SV% 1-1 1SO)

pitbullkoivubudlight.png

Zach Parise - Mikko Koivu - Charlie Coyle
Jason Zucker - Matt Cullen - Devin Setoguchi
Pierre-Marc Bouchard - Kyle Brodziak - Cal Clutterbuck
Mike Rupp - Zenon Konopka - Torrey Mitchell

Jonas Brodin - Ryan Suter
Jared Spurgeon - Marco Scandella
Clayton Stoner/Justin Falk - Tom Gilbert

Josh Harding
Darcy Kuemper

3W1Utf2.gif

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Oh, and let's all watch this:

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Well done on the GDT! I feel like this will be a very aprehensive crowd walking into the X tomorrow and at the first sign of trouble they are going to turn on the Wild. We'll see, but since the Wild are 4-9 all time in the postseason at home, and 1-5-1 in their past 7, i'm going in with zero expectation anymore for home playoff games. Kills me to say that, maybe they'll surprise us tomorrow, certainly hope so.

frozenriverrat77

Do Vu's New Voodoo
May 20, 2011
Chicago
It's critical they start this game tough and mean...push Chicago around ...make them fear bringing the puck up the ice...I think the worst part of the wild lapse into mediocrity is the complete absence of physical play

A win makes a series... A loss and yoes looking for a job

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
Well done on the GDT! I feel like this will be a very aprehensive crowd walking into the X tomorrow and at the first sign of trouble they are going to turn on the Wild. We'll see, but since the Wild are 4-9 all time in the postseason at home, and 1-5-1 in their past 7, i'm going in with zero expectation anymore for home playoff games. Kills me to say that, maybe they'll surprise us tomorrow, certainly hope so.

That's what I think, and of course I've got Game 4 tickets and not tomorrow (which I could have taken...but Sunday afternoon? Bleh).

First sign of trouble and people will be quiet (if everyone didn't already unload their tickets to hordes of Chicago transplants already) or boo the crap out of the team.

They need to back them like they have in games past, but from being at 13 games this season, it honestly depends on the crowd at the rink.

Wild need to be physical as hell and score first. Otherwise I think it's another collapse.

Billy Mays Here*

If we manage to lose both games at home I'm curious to see if the crowd will boo them for slipping to the 8th seed and getting swept or if they'll cheer them for at least making the playoffs.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Honestly, I feel good about this game. I feel like the guys are gonna bounce back.

3-1 Wild. Koivu, Gilbert and Parise (empty net).

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Easy to see that there's a lot of Finnish immigrant history in Minnesota. The negativity is just overwhelming. And because of that - we have already lost this game!

No really. Let's get it done. Still a lot of hockey to play in this series.

Spawnisen

Kaapo Kakko.
Feb 11, 2010
Finland
Now or never, If they can't find it in them to get that extra intensity and will, well then it's good that they will be out of the playoffs soon.
I think we can grab this win. Looking forward to this EARLY game!

Dudicles

Oct 1, 2010
Just play hard and focused, Wild. Play like you guys want to win and a have a plan in mind.

THEALLKNOWING*

After watching the first two games, I thought to myself, I don't want to go. I mentioned that separately to both my wife and son, and I am not kidding, they had the same thought. Then the thought was, oh well, they are paid for. If they are losing, am I going to stay and savor every moment of the experience? Not if I have anything to do with it. Only once since the beginning have I left early and the Wild come from behind to win.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
Awesome GDT

Hopefully we can win this one. At least.

Ill also be going to the PreGame Party theyre throwing at the X.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
I hope that they can give the fans something to cheer about it. If they can keep it tied or score in the first I think they can pull one out, if they do the opposite I see a quite building besides the boo's that will be directed at the Wild.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild 6
Hawks 3

:sarcasm:

Seriously though, I'm skipping what is always a fun time of hanging with my friends at the MS Walk today, so it would be very appreciated if the team would show the #$@! up this afternoon. At least they're giving us towels should we need to cry. ;)

May the force be with them. :laugh:

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
You guys are being some serious Debbie Downers. The crowd is going to be absolutely electric. First playoff game in five years?! It's going to be rocking like it was on opening night, times like ten.

How do we all feel about starting the We Want the Cup chant? Say, 2 minutes into the game?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The crowd is going to be nuts to open this game. The Wild need to feed on that and find a way to FINALLY get some offense going against the Hawks.

If the Hawks score first, that's gonna suck all the energy out of both the crowd and the Wild.

If we score first:
3-1 Wild, with the third goal as an empty netter after an absolutely furious third by the Hawks

If the Hawks score first:
6-1 Hawks, and the Wild are booed off the ice louder and louder each successive period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad