Post-Game Talk: 02/17/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

Kershaw

Yeah, I don't think anyone played poorly today. Richards had a few gaffes entering the zone on the PP, but he still made up for it with some of his nifty passes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's the gamelog, just updated :handclap:

BDXNDvmCUAAXpSa.png:large

The record improves to 8-1

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Our power play looks a lot better when we're working the puck across the goal instead of playing around with the puck trying to force a point shot. Get some horizontal movement of the puck. Find a defender sneaking down.

Actually that is what they shouldn't be doing. They were forcing cross ice plays all night, and looked ineffective/sloppy.

It worked once, but the Rangers need to move and start getting shooting lanes from the point.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
For whatever reason with tonight's game, I knew we were winning it despite being down 1-0. Great game.

Yeah, I try not to get my hopes up too much but today we looked good from the start, despite that early goal. I was loving the energy.

And that PP goal was something I only see in highlights from other teams and say "I wish the Rangers could do something like that once in a while" Welp, there it was. Maybe now we can ride this momentum forward and build a nice winning streak.

Slick Rick 61

Jul 11, 2007
I was thrilled to see Stepan net the GWG. His PK work, along with Callahan, Halpern, and Boyle's was awesome to watch.

Was this game enough to get people to temporarily quit *****ing about Boyle being soft? I hope so. He certainly used his size tonight. Message sent, message received. I also thought Staal played really well tonight outside of a broken play in the 1st period.

SupersonicMonkey*

Personally feel this may have been this team's best overall effort thus far this season. The first time the full bench contributed. The first time they really looked like the team that was winning last year.

Still not 100%. Still a lot of work to be done. Need this top to bottom effort to be consistent game to game.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
People now likely seeing what I meant when I voted for Hagelin and Miller as the 1 and 2 ranked prospects over Kreider this winter.

SupersonicMonkey*

People now likely seeing what I meant when I voted for Hagelin and Miller as the 1 and 2 ranked prospects over Kreider this winter.

Kreider has 7 NHL regular season games under his belt...its WAY too early.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Pretty good. Improvement. Better movement on the PP. Hags just keeps going to the net. Steps did a good job of catching that saucer on his stick just right.

valence

Nov 16, 2008
Awesome win...great effort especially by Cally and Lundy...Miller with a couple of turnovers.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
The first two periods were the most dominant ones by the Rangers I have seen this season. They only didn't score enough. Glad they got the win, it was well deserved.

And that PP looked so damn good. Why on earth can't they do this more often?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
4-0-1 in the last 5. 8-3-1 since starting the season 0-2. The Rangers really need to win the 3 home games this month. MTL,Winnipeg and TB. Split the two road games later this week. Ottawa and MTL. Montreal is hosting Carolina tonight. Back to back games for them. Travel. The Rangers game is the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Jets. 5 road games in 8 nights. At Buffalo,Carolina,Philly,Jersey and Rangers.

Miller looked better in the middle. He was more noticeable. Miller turned the puck over late in the 3rd period. He tried to skate it out of the zone but the Caps player stripped him of the puck. Just get it out.

Hagelin will cost a fortune in salary arbitration at this pace. He is on pace for 21 games in a 48 game season. 31 points. 21 and 10. Cy Young.

Vickers8

Holy ****, what effort by Cally at the end.

Got to be inspiring to the whole team, how about when he got Ovie's face after he hit McD high...that's a great Captain...

Vickers8

Great game. Richards needs to step up already. And some more goals out of Gaborik and Nash would be nice.

Richards will wake up, but I would rather see Nash on the point on the PP and just keep firing, Nash does everything well, just hasn't been able to finish, but it will happen soon...

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
4-0-1 in the last 5. 8-3-1 since starting the season 0-2. The Rangers really need to win the 3 home games this month. MTL,Winnipeg and TB. Split the two road games later this week. Ottawa and MTL. Montreal is hosting Carolina tonight. Back to back games for them. Travel. The Rangers game is the 3rd game in 4 nights for the Jets. 5 road games in 8 nights. At Buffalo,Carolina,Philly,Jersey and Rangers.

Miller looked better in the middle. He was more noticeable. Miller turned the puck over late in the 3rd period. He tried to skate it out of the zone but the Caps player stripped him of the puck. Just get it out.

Hagelin will cost a fortune in salary arbitration at this pace. He is on pace for 21 games in a 48 game season. 31 points. 21 and 10. Cy Young.

Yeah, just thought about that.

Last year (regular season) = 64 GP 14 goals 24 assists 38 points
0,59 PPG
Last year (playoffs) = 17 GP 0 goals 3 goals 3 points
0,18 PPG

Lets say he get´s point totals close to the pace he is on now this season.
31 points in a 48 game season
0,65 PPG

What is he then going to be awarded. I figured around $2M per in a 2 year bridge contract in the Salary cap thread. Would that be enough?

I have been figuring that Stepan gets ~ $2,5 M per in a similar 2 year bridge contract. How does that sound (Berglund money plus interest)?
Stepan (a center that is 2 years younger than Hagelin) has put up the following #s:

• 0,55 PPG in 2010/2011
  • 0,62 PPG in 2011/2012
  • 0,50 PPG in 2013 (current pace)

What is your opinion here RB?

Vickers8

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Torts has no update on Darroll Powe

Hit hendricks with his lower body, but seemed to be concussed?
NBC sports camera angle on this play was horrible...

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Team played great most of the game. Richards still struggling. But all in all a good game.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal

Montreal might not have Price in net tomorrow night, he's had the flu and didn't play Saturday night, and is not playing tonight as well (home game). As well one of their top rookies (Gallagher) will not play, since he got a concussion on a somewhat questionable hit from Luke Schenn. Rangers must win tomorrow night.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00