Post-Game Talk: 02/17/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not sure which yellow seats you mean?

Shows how long I've been away. The Yellow seats in the 1980's, when I last was in New York were the 3rd tier. The seats closest to the ice were red, then the next tier was orange, then yellow, then green, then the infamous blue seats around the top.

I also used to have tickets in the Old Garden on 8th Avenue and 49th Street.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Boyle had a great forechecking game tonight. Why are people *****ing about him?

We have 2 losses in the entire month of february, one by way of shootout. Why are people *****ing about Torts?

And seriously, why are we still talking about Stu Bickle? He was good in the regular season last year, didn't play in the playoffs, and he's 3 injures away from the line-up this year.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
We tried that, there was a giant cluster****.

So we went back to the elevator and got on. It was a handicapped elevator, but there was only one wheelchair so a bunch of other people got on. Then this other guy who was handicapped got on so they kicked me and Nils off to make room and this guy behind us yelled at us "Hey show some respect!!"

Of course, he seemed to be walking fine.... :rolleyes:

I didn't even see the other handicap guy. you know, all these other healthy people in front of me were blocking my view. The healthy family of 5 or so in the back was also very distracting

NYRangers88

Section 208 Row 15
Aug 7, 2007
Long Island, NY
Shows how long I've been away. The Yellow seats in the 1980's, when I last was in New York were the 3rd tier. The seats closest to the ice were red, then the next tier was orange, then yellow, then green, then the infamous blue seats around the top.

I also used to have tickets in the Old Garden on 8th Avenue and 49th Street.

I'm not sure how much your old seats are now, but I can say that my seats are $50, which are the equivalent of the old 400 level.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not sure how much your old seats are now, but I can say that my seats are $50, which are the equivalent of the old 400 level.

They were $12 in the blues, plus all the beer you had poured over you (LOL).

In the Old Garden, I used to sit in the end balcony. Tickets were $2. If you sat in the side balcony, they were $1.50. I liked the end balcony because it hung over the ice and you were incredibly close to the action.

How times have changed.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
How can anyone ***** about Boyle? I was at the game and he was one of the best players on the ice I thought.

Because if Torts seems to like him, it means they hate him.

Never mind that Torts scratched "his boy" Boyle for a few games in favor of rookies.:shakehead

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Boyle had a great forechecking game tonight. Why are people *****ing about him?

We have 2 losses in the entire month of february, one by way of shootout. Why are people *****ing about Torts?

And seriously, why are we still talking about Stu Bickle? He was good in the regular season last year, didn't play in the playoffs, and he's 3 injures away from the line-up this year.

You keep making sense and stating facts and your gonna get yourself in some real trouble.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Because if Torts seems to like him, it means they hate him.

Never mind that Torts scratched "his boy" Boyle for a few games in favor of rookies.:shakehead

Yeah can't really argue that Torts favors him anymore.

And Boyle certainly has his wtf moments, but he was incredible tonight. He wasn't just hitting people, he was cremating people. You could hear his hits tonight. He blew somebody up behind the net [couldn't see who it was] that had the whole house going nuts.

It's funny cause the usual complaint is that his hits, although copious, aren't hard enough. They were tonight and he still catches heat.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's the view from 202, on my crappy phone.

Full intro from the refs hitting the ice to opening draw.

At 5:06 I profess my undying love for Anton Stralman. Loudly.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York

And Boyle certainly has his wtf moments, but he was incredible tonight. He wasn't just hitting people, he was cremating people. You could hear his hits tonight. He blew somebody up behind the net [couldn't see who it was] that had the whole house going nuts.

It's funny cause the usual complaint is that his hits, although copious, aren't hard enough. They were tonight and he still catches heat.

I couldn't take this board seriously when we were down 1-0 in a game we were clearly dominating and we were talking about making massive changes to the roster and coaching staff.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
You keep making sense and stating facts and your gonna get yourself in some real trouble.

I aim to misbehave.

Someone told Boyle that Torts couldn't see how he was playing.

So Boyle made sure Torts heard how he was playing.

Really, it was a good team win, and the type of game that we're going to need to win.

That 2nd line is blowing up, the way we needed them to.

The bottom six ravaged Wash, keeping them pinned most of the time.

But that top line with Richards Cally and Gabby, I don't know. They got some real good looks, and had scoring chances (missing some OPEN ****ING NETS), but we're going to need more from those 3.

It's funny, people will still ***** about Richards, who had some better shifts, and some worse, but he picked up another point tonight. Meanwhile guys like Boyle, Callahan, had comparatively better games with nothing to show for it.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
This felt like a NYR win. Good shot blocking.

Gaborik had an off game. So did Stralman. Everyone else I thought did well, with the relative exception of Richards although he did make the play on the PP that started it all.

I do think they need to find a way to incorporate Gaborik more on the PP. But the time he gets on, we're just doing helpless rushes up the ice and Richards is wasted.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona

It was Chimera who he hit. A clean, legal hit from the front. Hit someone else just after that.

I agree, Boyle gets a bad rap sometimes. We all know his faults, but he does add something when he moves his feet and uses his size. I think sometimes people also criticize him because he can't fight despite his size, and because he has stone hands. He is an excellent 4th, and sometimes 3rd liner and good on the PK, he gets flak because he's Torts' boy (despite the benching) and gets put into situations where he doesn't belong. Worst thing that happened is the fluke of his scoring 22 goals two years ago. He's not that kind of player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I couldn't take this board seriously when we were down 1-0 in a game we were clearly dominating and we were talking about making massive changes to the roster and coaching staff.

Yeah I didn't think it was that dire. I'm usually pretty negative but even I felt good even down 1-0. You knew eventually if we kept outplaying them we'd break through, and we did.

And when we did, and Hagelin scored that place exploded. Hell of an atmosphere :yo:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I love how the whole place went ape **** when Step scored that PP goal. It was almost like we needed it to happen :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I love how the whole place went ape **** when Step scored that PP goal. It was almost like we needed it to happen :laugh:

That was a funny goal cause I went on a very obnoxious anti-PP rant prior to the faceoff. Then we scored and the whole section looked at me :o

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Our power play looks a lot better when we're working the puck across the goal instead of playing around with the puck trying to force a point shot. Get some horizontal movement of the puck. Find a defender sneaking down.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
That was a funny goal cause I went on a very obnoxious anti-PP rant prior to the faceoff. Then we scored and the whole section looked at me :o
The guy in front of me was holding his grand daughter who was no older than three years old and I was so happy I high fived her :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad