Post-Game Talk: 02/17/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I said it in the GDT, I know Cally is the captain and what not, but he should really volunteer to play LW for Gabby. Gaborik is our best goal scorer and he needs to be on the right wing to get going.

Yep, there is really only two real options for LW on that line atm:

a)Trying Cally on the LW

b)Trying Kreider

Knowing Torts it will be:

c)Brian Boyle.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I said it in the GDT, I know Cally is the captain and what not, but he should really volunteer to play LW for Gabby. Gaborik is our best goal scorer and he needs to be on the right wing to get going.

Great all around game, so what if we were down 1-0 a minute in we came back. I was upset at that goal because I hate John Carlson with a passion. Something about his face just bothers me, it started when he scored the gold medal winning goal against Canada in the WJHC and it was just compounded in the playoffs last year.

The 3 game Prucha-ing of Boyle really seems to have gotten his jump back and he's playing the defensive hockey we're used to.
I love the tenacity of the 4th line, Halpern and Asham are doing what they gotta do, get it deep, keep it there then get off the ice. Really hoping Powe is ok, although it didn't look good.
Maybe drop Boyle down to 4th line wing + PK and go Pyatt Miller Kreider as line 3?

I'd like to see a thrid line of Callahanh/Miller/Kreider and put Pyatt on LW with Gaborik/Richards.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
why is torts being so stubborn about making gabs play LW. he clearly isnt the strongest there. it kinda like torts is creating a reason to bench him.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
makes sense. stu consistently sucked as opposed to eminger who sometimes sucked and sometimes was great. hence stu getting put in the games last year #tortslogic

Bickel and Eminger were equally inconsistent after Eminger came back from his shoulder injury. Then Eminger was injured again. Bickel brought a different element than any of the other D, therefore Bickel got the playing time when they were both healthy because both were inconsistent at that point.

Gilroy has stuck so far because he has been pretty consistent and quietly solid.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
IMO, this is a classic example of a game the Rangers lose last season. Dominate the opponent, many shots, but no goals, making an average goalie look spectacular. (ex: against Dallas and Colorado last year) This is why I am very happy with tonight's game. They didn't let themselves get frustrated.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
IMO, this is a classic example of a game the Rangers lose last season. Dominate the opponent, many shots, but no goals, making an average goalie look spectacular. (ex: against Dallas and Colorado last year) This is why I am very happy with tonight's game. They didn't let themselves get frustrated.

The game could have gone either way. Hank was the difference. Even though he faced less shots, he made harder saves than Holtby imo.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Bickel and Eminger were equally inconsistent after Eminger came back from his shoulder injury. Then Eminger was injured again. Bickel brought a different element than any of the other D, therefore Bickel got the playing time when they were both healthy because both were inconsistent at that point.

Gilroy has stuck so far because he has been pretty consistent and quietly solid.

bickel isnt inconsistent as much as he is incapable of playing hockey

Jan 8, 2012
NY
The game could have gone either way. Hank was the difference. Even though he faced less shots, he made harder saves than Holtby imo.

I thought Hank was better than Holtby too. What I'm saying is that last year, the team would become way too discouraged by their own inability to score, lose, and credit the said average goalie over and over in their post games.

Ryan McDonut

Jan 18, 2009
New York
Here is the thing. when Kreider came back from injury Torts was very complimentary toward him and miller for a few games UNTIL the Boston game. Now I dont think Kreider was bad in boston. he actually should have had a goal and broke up a few breakaway plays. Thats my only complaint it seemed very sudden

yeah i think its alright if a fill-in like newbury or someone has a few bad games and they get sent down but i mean kreiders our #1 prospect. i feel like you have to cut the kid some slack. a rookie is going to go unnoticed for a few games. i think you should let him play with our best players and give him ice time for more than 3 games and if he can't elevate his game then, then he should spend some time in hartford.

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
This team plays a flawless game and this board whines about the coach not playing the guy with 1 goal. Makes sense.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
I know it should be illegal. I've never bought anything from MSG besides a ticket in many years

Question. Out of curiosity, how much is a ticket in what used to be the Yellow seats nowadays? I used to have season tickets Section 228, Row E #1 and 2 (just above the visiting teams net in the 1st and 3rd periods.

ltsthinaz

Dec 20, 2011
Kingman, Arizona
This team plays a flawless game and this board whines about the coach not playing the guy with 1 goal. Makes sense.

Hardly a flawless game, and the opposition was meh. But, yeah, they really did have good jump and energy, didn't panic when Washington scored 1:19 into the game, so I do think the board might be a tad too critical.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Take the stairs like a man!!!! Lol

We tried that, there was a giant cluster****.

So we went back to the elevator and got on. It was a handicapped elevator, but there was only one wheelchair so a bunch of other people got on. Then this other guy who was handicapped got on so they kicked me and Nils off to make room and this guy behind us yelled at us "Hey show some respect!!"

Of course, he seemed to be walking fine.... :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad