Post-Game Talk: 02/17/2013 | Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
My own feeling is that the Rangers are trying to make the powerplay work. The set play that resulted in Stepan's goal may not work every game, and it's not like the Capitals are the best defence around, but the powerplay has shown some positive efforts recently.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Finally got to watch the game, I thought the Rangers played very well and got contributions up and down the lineup.

I thought Miller had an excellent game. He was in the right position all night, was hard on the puck, covered up for the D on a few important occasions to prevent odd- man rushes. Very quietly a solid all around game. I love his confidence with the puck, and Torts trusting a 19 year old in a one goal game with less than two minutes to go, shows you that he's on the right path.

But as far as the Rangers are concerned, this is the second or third game where they could have had 4 or 5 goals if not for a sick goaltending performance.

Thought Richards looked better but he still needs to get that second step back into his game. It's coming.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad