OT: ♫ The Music Thread ♫

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The new Lucy Dacus album is quite good.

Also, Titus Andronicus just announced a short tour for the tenth anniversary (belated) of The Monitor. Pretty stoked to come home to NJ to catch that first show.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Quicksand a post hardcore band from NY which was popular for a few years in the mid-90s is putting out their fourth album in August.

Walter Schreifels the singer/guitarist and primary songwriter is also in the Gorilla Biscuits, another NYCHC legend.

Sergio Vega, the bassist, joined The Deftones after Chi Cheng's accident.

Very underrated band which is 3/3 with releases.
I have Slip and Manic Compression buried on my iPod. I’ll give ‘em a spin today.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
IMHO there’s a solid argument for Sonic Youth being the most significant American rock band ever. Relentless sponge of late-20th-century American culture

Christ, they even wrote the entire soundtrack to the film Made In the USA.

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
New playlist I threw together on Spooterfy:

Good mix of downtempo, chillwave, lo-fi, et al.

One of my favorites:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I have both in other playlists, along with Boards of Canada, Future Sound of London, Autechre, et al.

You’ve sent me down a BoC spiral today at work.

While I really dig the quirky PBS samples and their older stuff, I love the direction they went with Tomorrow’s Harvest. I feel like it’s much heavier on the downtempo and I love the post-apocalyptic vibes. Really good travel music.

Split Your Infinities gives me goosebumps.

Reactions: Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
You’ve sent me down a BoC spiral today at work.

While I really dig the quirky PBS samples and their older stuff, I love the direction they went with Tomorrow’s Harvest. I feel like it’s much heavier on the downtempo and I love the post-apocalyptic vibes. Really good travel music.

Split Your Infinities gives me goosebumps.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with Tomorrow's Harvest. I really enjoy Sundown and White Cyclosa as well. I like the more ambient feel.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The 12 Step Suite is way better than Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Like, way better. I will fight people about this.

It's the best 55:59 in music.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Oddly enough, Jordan is a super old friend of my Dad's and I know him well! He's a really good person on top of being a totally insane keyboard player.

He lives in Rockland. Great guy. He played on my friends album last year without making a big thing about it. Just did it and wanted to truly help them as they're all neighborhood friends.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY

A great way to go out. Shame they never made another album. I did like Evens and Coriky that Mackaye has done.

Here's an album Joe Lally made in 2004 with Red Hot Chili Peppers of present and past John Frusciante and Josh Klinghoffer called Ataxia.

Basically if you know Public Image Limited specifically Metal Box, you'll love this.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad