GDT: ★ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Every game that he scores in he does something completely idiotic, at least it feels that way. He can be rattled so easily and other teams know this and exploit it time and time again.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Lucic - Stastny - Backes
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Ott- Jaskin
Porter - Lappy - Reaves

Berglund + Oshie + ? for Lucic

We need toughness BADLY

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Backes gooning it up isn't why this team lost. This team lost from careless turn overs and ZERO drive till the dying minutes of the game. They played 18 min of the 3rd like it was a tied game.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Backes gooning it up isn't why this team lost. This team lost from careless turn overs and ZERO drive till the dying minutes of the game. They played 18 min of the 3rd like it was a tied game.
Right, but still. There's an issue worth talking about.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Lucic - Stastny - Backes
Schwartz - Lehtera - Tarasenko
Steen - Ott- Jaskin
Porter - Lappy - Reaves

Berglund + Oshie + ? for Lucic

We need toughness BADLY

I agree, but we didn't lose this one because of toughness. We really miss Schwartz.

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
Pens better be adding something to that or else we're getting ripped off big time. Regardless, Depres isn't the answer to this team.

Sure, we could add a little and get Sutter sent back as well. Maybe Paarjarvi. Sutter is centering Malkin atm, he could center a Steen-Sutter-Backes line that would look very good. That would leave us the STL line and a power guy to go with Stastny and either Jaskin or Berglund. It all depends on who we got back for Petro.

And sorry but I disagree about Despres. He is a rugged dman who makes other teams forwards pay for being in front of the net. Leads the pens in hits as well.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
lmao back from the bar and I see we need to trade Pietrangelo for Wayne Simmonds and trade everyone else for John Scott - like tough guys. Seriously. 2 gift goals early on did the Blues in. That's it.

Elliott can't get back soon enough

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Right, but still. There's an issue worth talking about.
Absolutely, but fixation on Backes isn't it. Back in Colorado...yes, because he took a pointless penalty to Duchene.

This team needs to play with Urgency and when Gunnarsson gets back. Sit Bouwmeester till he gets his crap together, he is still hurt or something, he is losing every board battle and is struggling.

From the Boston games I've seen, Lucic is a dirty player who takes dumb penalties......can't wait till he spears somebody

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What the hell is the point of toughness if we have no skill to score? All Lucic is going to do is put us on the PK, and he can't score without Krejci either. If we're trading Oshie/Berglund I want an upgrade in skill, not some glorified goon. We have hardly been pushed around in playoff time with guys like Porter/Reaves/Ott in the lineup. Our failures stem from our inability to score and trading for players that throw hits isn't going to put the puck in the net.

Bruiser624

Aug 9, 2012
So you all are saying blues are too soft but every time Backes shows some toughness you people say there's no need for all this rough stuff. Hahahahahah

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Holy over reacting, we don't need to make any changes...(not yet anyway) we are only a few games back of first place with a few games at hand. We still don't have our #1 Goalie back and Schwartz.

Will be fine.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Sure, we could add a little and get Sutter sent back as well. Maybe Paarjarvi. Sutter is centering Malkin atm, he could center a Steen-Sutter-Backes line that would look very good. That would leave us the STL line and a power guy to go with Stastny and either Jaskin or Berglund. It all depends on who we got back for Petro.

And sorry but I disagree about Despres. He is a rugged dman who makes other teams forwards pay for being in front of the net. Leads the pens in hits as well.

You have such a fascination with mediocre players I do not understand. Trading Oshie for Despres is laughable, and Sutter is nothing more than a 3rd line center.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
So you all are saying blues are too soft but every time Backes shows some toughness you people say there's no need for all this rough stuff. Hahahahahah
Im not worried about the soft issue myself. I dont think they are. My problem is idiotic behavior and sloppy, lazy play.

Have to wonder about the chemistry of the team.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
We're going to be out of playoff position before Elliott gets back. I wish we could just fast-forward to that.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park

Backes had the option of keeping himself in the play until the end of the game; instead, he chose to stop playing and go after a Star's player. Staying with the play doesn't guarantee a goal, but the chances of him having a positive impact on the game while throwing a hissy-fit at center ice is infinitely less than if he were to continue playing until the clock reaches 0. What possible benefit comes from this type of behaviour?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Holy over reacting, we don't need to make any changes...(not yet anyway) we are only a few games back of first place with a few games at hand. We still don't have our #1 Goalie back and Schwartz.

Will be fine.

Elliott wouldn't do much better the way this team is playing in front of him.

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
So some how Elliott makes our dmen better? How does this work.
The Blues dmen are terrific play makers, but when it comes to actually making defensive plays, they are are as tough as kittens.

Chojin

Tiny Panger...
Apr 6, 2011
Using these last few games as an argument for trading for toughness is borderline insane. How is toughness going to prevent ******** turnovers, constant penalties, and defensive lapses, or help your goaltender save a puck?

All of this looks a lot better if Elliott is there to bail out the defense here or there. If anything, we should trade for a miracle drug to get him healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad