GDT: ★ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Might as well give Tarasenko or Schwartz the C now. Going to happen eventually. Maybe he knows this and is acting like a schoolgirl who had her hair pulled because of it.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
What Backes just pulled there is exactly what I'm sick of and I can't believe some people on these boards keep looking past it.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
I suppose we have to have a slump sometime in the season. Better now than in the last 10 games. At least I can drown my sorrows over this game in more lasagna.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
A regulation loss at home to a mediocre team. I'm very disappointed, especially as they played poorly and just don't seem to have the feeling they can win. They need a shake-up. They have to play with energy and purpose. Where's that trade that was rumoured before Christmas?

I don't want to see Oshie or Steen traded. But, SOMETHING needs to be done to shake up this team. I don't want to see hitch fired with no good replacement ready. I don't think Muller taking over in mid-season would help.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The only person who was pissed they lost? Least he has some life in him

Being pissed is fine. Losing your cool and going after somebody like that when you are down a goal and have possession of the puck is inexcusable. That is not how your captain should play.

I'm starting to think we ought to turn the C over Schwartz or Tarasenko now and be done with it. That would be a big shakeup.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL
The Backes fracas at the end of the game caused the first whistle to be missed and there would have been about 4.5 seconds left on the clock instead.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
The worst part about that is Backes is justifying the labels thrown around at him by other teams.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
Maybe he can put that "pissed" energy into trying to tie the game instead of making a fool of himself.

I've always wondered how taking yourself out of the play and making a stupid, unnecessary penalty in the final seconds of a game where your down by 1 could be considered a positive leadership trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad