GDT: ★ @ ♫

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
The only person who was pissed they lost? Least he has some life in him
Thats not it. You're missing the point. Game wasnt over. Still 13 seconds and the Blues had the puck. He's a ****ing idiot and he does this **** all the time.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
This team misses Sobotka and Polak badly. 2 severely underrated players who add toughness and character

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Well if that's the case, maybe it's time we start playing the market on him and sell while his value is high.

we are one of the softest teams in the league and our fan base wants to trade him and Reaves all the time.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm on my phone so I can't multi quote. The game was over. There was 1.5 secs left when the whistle went. I would assume Eakins said something or did something.

Backes got them to within one, no one turned it up till 2min to go.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Army needs to get on the phone and apologize to Sobotka asap. This team is as soft at toilet paper.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'm on my phone so I can't multi quote. The game was over. There was 1.5 secs left when the whistle went. I would assume Eakins said something or did something.

Backes went after Eakins with 15 seconds left. It wasn't like it happened right at the buzzer.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Thats not it. You're missing the point. Game wasnt over. Still 13 seconds and the Blues had the puck. He's a ****ing idiot and he does this **** all the time.

13 sec at the drop of the puck. We seen what happened. Steen shot it on goal and there was 1.5 sec remaining. They were not going to score.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL

I rewound at watched it over at least three times. I heard a whistle at about 4.5 seconds left but the crowd was so loud that it seems no one caught that one on the ice.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Backes went after Eakins with 15 seconds left. It wasn't like it happened right at the buzzer.

Then people would cry about him being a goon after the whistle. Eakins did something to him. I get what your saying, but the game was over

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012

Wrong. That's when the clock was stopped. There were 13 when he started that 'fight.'

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Then people would cry about him being a goon after the whistle. Eakins did something to him. I get what your saying, but the game was over

That's exactly the point though. Backes get riled up over anything and it's clear that teams are exploiting this.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I rewound at watched it over at least three times. I heard a whistle at about 4.5 seconds left but the crowd was so loud that it seems no one caught that one on the ice.

They blew it when Steen crossed the line. He was shooting it regardless. In this specific case. Backes changes nothing

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wrong. That's when the clock was stopped. There were 13 when he started that 'fight.'

Yes! 13.4 seconds left and his team rushes the puck up ice, and he stays back to pick a fight. Couldn't he have waited till after the whistle? But, ...NO.............

This team needs a change of purpose. They just don't want to be the best enough to play better than mediocre. That's sad, especially after Stillman gambled a LOT of money on trying to allow them the chance to be competitive. Disgraceful!

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
The game ain't over when you have the puck and are driving up the ice with 13 seconds left. Backes got lucky they didn't blow the play dead sooner.
for low balling him
Army didn't low ball Sobotka. That claim is getting old.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Unfortunately I can't rewind it where I am. But the puck was dropped at 13 sec. The Refs didn't blow the whistle till 4 sec to go. No one heard the whistle and they didn't stop the clock till 1.3 or something. Steen was shooting it on goal regardless.

Backes to the wall

Oct 20, 2014
West Coast Canada
we are one of the softest teams in the league and our fan base wants to trade him and Reaves all the time.

Agreed we are super soft. So why does everyone freak at the idea of moving Petro when we could get a beastly power forward + a stay at home dman in return?

The pens would most likely do an Oshie for Despres deal, and we all know we could get one of Wheeler-Kreider-Hall-Simmonds + for Petro.

This talk about creating a hole is nonsense. The holes already exist.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Agreed we are super soft. So why does everyone freak at the idea of moving Petro when we could get a beastly power forward + a stay at home dman in return?

The pens would most likely do an Oshie for Despres deal, and we all know we could get one of Wheeler-Kreider-Hall-Simmonds + for Petro.

Pens better be adding something to that or else we're getting ripped off big time. Regardless, Depres isn't the answer to this team.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Because we would be stuck with the ultra soft Bouwmeester as our top dman.

uncommonsense52

(blue bleeder 24-7)
Jul 12, 2003
Yes! 13.4 seconds left and his team rushes the puck up ice, and he stays back to pick a fight. Couldn't he have waited till after the whistle? But, ...NO.............

This team needs a change of purpose. They just don't want to be the best enough to play better than mediocre. That's sad, especially after Stillman gambled a LOT of money on trying to allow them the chance to be competitive. Disgraceful!

Preach brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad