Speculation: “We may very well be in a rebuild in the direction we’re going." - Rutherford

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Avs say no. Byram is the better player and that will continue to prove itself out as it has since the playoffs and the start of this season.

Byram is the Avs best defender so far this year. By a mile their best one so far.

Vancouver has no players the Avs would or should trade Byram for. Teams don’t trade 21 year old #1 Dmen. Even if they have a few other legit #1s.

You’d trade Toews first. And I wouldn’t suggest that either. Byram has already surpassed Toews IMO. Byram is a core player.
If Petey hasn't proven to be a #1C, then Byram hasn't proven to be a #1 Dman

Also zero chance Byram is worth more, your bias is ridiculous here.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Elias Pettersson is not even a top flight C rn. So no. Not trading a 40-near 50 goal scorer at any forward position for an overrated center who also wont want to be here. He doesnt even want to be in Vancouver lmfao.
If he’s not a top flight C what is Schifele/Dubois because imo he’s better then both

• Haha
Reactions: Huffer

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I think the players Canucks trade will be:

Boeser - A team like Buffalo that is off to a good start, has assets and could use a RW that scores. His footspeed is not the greatest, but he is always a threat offensively and around average (maybe slightly below) defensively. His footspeed is really why many fans don't see him being responsible.

Next TDL players like Pearson and Myers will be traded and get decent returns as well.

Not to suggest that Boeser isn't a good player, but RW is probably Buffalo's deepest (and oldest position) NHL position. They need a LHD, RHD, a LW, Center, and Goalie in that order. Buffalo would be better off trading for Myers with 0 retention.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The one thing Ive learned from the first round this last ten years, you don't take a defenceman in the first five picks.

FWIW Schenn was great his first couple years, but the game got faster, and he stayed the same and became a journeyman.
I would disagree, its still a risk but this is a very good list of defensemen overall

Elite: (5/17)
Makar
Jones (for a period of time)
Ekblad
Dahlin
Heiskanen

Top 4: (4/17)
Rielly
Hanifin
Byram
Larsson

Prospects/Rookies (4/17)
Sanderson
Hughes
Nemec
Power

Bottom Pairing / Busts (4/17)
Juloevi
Reinhart
Gudbrandson
Murray

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not to suggest that Boeser isn't a good player, but RW is probably Buffalo's deepest (and oldest position) NHL position. They need a LHD, RHD, a LW, Center, and Goalie in that order. Buffalo would be better off trading for Myers with 0 retention.
You can suggest Boeser isn’t a good player. You’d be right. He isn’t. And he’s negative value at his contract term and overpaid AAV. No team is sending Vancouver value to get him. Best case for them is a swap of bad contracts with Boeser being one of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You can suggest Boeser isn’t a good player. You’d be right. He isn’t. And he’s negative value at his contract term and overpaid AAV. No team is sending Vancouver value to get him. Best case for them is a swap of bad contracts with Boeser being one of them.
That no good player would still be tied for top 4 points on the Oilers so far without spoon fed McDrai minutes :popcorn:

(Prior to tonight’s games)

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That no good player would still be tied for top 4 points on the Oilers so far without spoon fed McDrai minutes :popcorn:

(Prior to tonight’s games)
Or he’s be scratched with yet another ailment. Boeser is breaking down. Wasn’t much of a skater to begin with. Dude was better in 2017 than he is today. He’s not worth his $6.65mm/per deal nor the term.

And the Oilers have actually won a few games this year.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Or he’s be scratched with yet another ailment. Boeser is breaking down. Wasn’t much of a skater to begin with. Dude was better in 2017 than he is today. He’s not worth his $6.65mm/per deal nor the term.

And the Oilers have actually won a few games this year.
Not sure when a 3 year contract is now “bad term”

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I dont give a rats ass lmfao. That dont change the fact that hes not a top flight C and doesnt get you Connor. 0 wins under his and his teams belt rn btw. Stay mad lol.
What is there for me to possibly be mad at?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not sure when a 3 year contract is now “bad term”
You’re lucky it’s only three years. The buyout won’t be as painful as a result.

Vancouver has so many bad contracts and lack of options, it’s hard to wrap your head around.

Boeser, Garland, Myers and OEL. Yikes. Horvat needs a new deal that will exceed Boeser’s AAV or he’ll be gone. EP will need a new deal after next season. Why did they sign Mikheyev when the D is so bad? Hoglander and Podkolzin look like middle six nobodies and that’s your best young talent?

For such a poorly constructed and bad team to have so little to trade and no way to improve in UFA anytime soon. It’s ugly business what Vancouver is at the cusp of.

It’s enjoyable to see Guenther play well in Arizona.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nothing nearly as bad as the Nurse buyout will be in a couple years
That’s true. But Nurse still looks like a viable NHL player right now. Boeser looks like a guy whose injury history has deteriorated his body to the point he’ll never be a decent player again. What a dubious decision it was to resign him with term.

Reactions: Duckhugs

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You’re mistaking him for an Oilers fan. He does nothing but trash the Oilers the same as you. :laugh:

You’re on the same team.
Good win last night. Nice comeback. There you go.

Ottawa is the only Canadian team I have any affinity for.

I’m impressed with how the Habs are rebuilding. They have a good GM.

The Flames look formidable as long as their goalie play holds up. Edmonton and Toronto are meh to me. Some things to like but not legit contenders.

Winnipeg is in the place where you’re not Bedard level terrible but not at all any sort of playoff threat either. Team 11th overall pick.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I think the players Canucks trade will be:

Kuzmenko - at 950k if he can produce at .5+ he will net a late 1st+ from a contender due to cap hit.

Horvat if not resigned, if he does Miller - it'll be the shake-up and will net a 1st + solid D Prospect, maybe a 3c coming back

Schenn - 4th?

Boeser - A team like Buffalo that is off to a good start, has assets and could use a RW that scores. His footspeed is not the greatest, but he is always a threat offensively and around average (maybe slightly below) defensively. His footspeed is really why many fans don't see him being responsible.

Garland - If Boeser is kept, Garland will be the one that goes. Wrong move if he is, but Bruce doesn't seem to like him for some reason. Always gives 110% and one of the top 5v5 players in the league. Has speed, deceptive shot/skills, and defensively responsible. Only real issue is that he is a midget.

Next TDL players like Pearson and Myers will be traded and get decent returns as well.
We can keep Kuz. He picked our team, if he wants to resign there is no reason not to, he's 26. I've been impressed enough in his short debut to really want to keep him, valuing him just behind the usual untouchable list of Hughes, Pettersson and Demko.

How long until the Rutherford merry go round starts?
We're over due already, based on fan, insider and his own comments.

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Let's hope (likely beyond hope) that the Canucks turn it around soon. The hockey world is a less interesting place without Gabby Boudreau!

1666708602843.png

Though he'd likely end up as an analyst again I suppose....

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad