Speculation: “We may very well be in a rebuild in the direction we’re going." - Rutherford

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
i'm not a canucks fan or anything

but there is only 32 teams in the league so being 32nd or better definitively makes them a #1C

now he's not on the level of mcdavid, matthews or crosby but that doesn't mean he's not a #1C, there's a lot of variance of the quality to the best Cs in the NHL

No it doesn't. Just because the league has 32 teams does not mean there's a #1C for every single team. That's not how the talent pool works.

There's guys playing the role of #1C who aren't even #2Cs on teams like Arizona.

EP is a good #2C but a 1C he absolutely is not. At least not yet.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The concussions become less of an issue because of games played? I don't even care about your part of whether Petterson is proven or not, the fact that you think Byrams head injuries somehow get better because of games played is insane. That's not how brain injuries work. You're always the smartest guy around here, according to yourself, yet you think brain injuries simply get better with more games played. Right.

Are you gonna tell me Sidney Crosby has no value because of his concussions from 10 years ago? Patrice Bergeron? Roman Josi? I mean Pettersson himself had a concussion 4 years ago... I guess he's damaged goods forever as well right?

Or are you actually suggesting once you get a concussion the entire rest of your career is toast?

f***ing hell mate surely you're smarter then that. Right?

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Are you gonna tell me Sidney Crosby has no value because of his concussions from 10 years ago? Patrice Bergeron? Roman Josi? I mean Pettersson himself had a concussion 4 years ago... I guess he's damaged goods forever as well right?

Or are you actually suggesting once you get a concussion the entire rest of your career is toast?

f***ing hell mate surely you're smarter then that. Right?

Crosby is a horrible example, considering it was a misdiagnosed neck injury and not a concussion

I would like to bring Nolan Patrick into the discussion

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Crosby is a horrible example, considering it was a misdiagnosed neck injury and not a concussion

I would like to bring Nolan Patrick into the discussion
One of Crosby's concussions was misdiagnosed. Not all of them. I believe he's had a total of 4 actual concussions.

Nolan Patrick is 1 player out of countless others that have dealt with concussions and ended up perfectly fine. Like I said, Roman Josi had 5 concussions before he turned 23. Bergeron had 4 concussions in a 6 year span from 2007 to 2013.

But the point is, all of those players have since went on to have great career and the concussion issues didn't prevent them from becoming great and over time they became non issues. Just like my original post said, which each passing game(A function of time) that Byram takes hits and is completely fine, the concerns about concussions ruining his career diminishes.

Nowhere did I say definitively that his concussion concerns are gone away and nowhere did I say playing games heals the injury(Just a reading struggle from the other poster I'm sure). All I said was with every passing game that he's perfectly ok and playing great hockey, those concerns about concussions diminish that little bit each time.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Canucks fans 2 weeks ago - This team is good enough to make the playoffs
Canucks today - How long will this rebuild be?

Life comes at you fast
To be fair a whole lot is going wrong for the Canucks at once: Demko is playing like crap Miller is playing like a headcase, (as well as crap) and Hughes started the season injured. Those are probably the 3 most important players for the Canucks.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Pettersson for Byram, who says no?
Avs say no. Byram is the better player and that will continue to prove itself out as it has since the playoffs and the start of this season.

Byram is the Avs best defender so far this year. By a mile their best one so far.

Vancouver has no players the Avs would or should trade Byram for. Teams don’t trade 21 year old #1 Dmen. Even if they have a few other legit #1s.

You’d trade Toews first. And I wouldn’t suggest that either. Byram has already surpassed Toews IMO. Byram is a core player.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Maybe we can develop blockchain to manage the Canucks from fans input, we’d be in a much better position then these “professionals“. The fact they desperately gave Miller that contract is just so mind blowing. They gambled on Boeser with a 3 years term and that was not a gamble to make… sign for 2 years at 6.6 then trade him well retaining 1.6 million, he’d have value at 5 million for 2 years. This management group seems as clueless as the last one, honestly I think these guys are just puppets for the owners because we just cleaned house and it’s the exa same bone head decisions that are being made.

then move him now! Well we can say it’s just a bad start and he’ll get going... Sell the dream!
Yes, all fans on this site have authority to make whatever moves they want - If you are wanting to come off as ignorant....Congratulations

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
No it doesn't. Just because the league has 32 teams does not mean there's a #1C for every single team. That's not how the talent pool works.

There's guys playing the role of #1C who aren't even #2Cs on teams like Arizona.

He's been playing/producing at a 100 point pace since the start of the 2021 calendar year. He absolutely is a #1 C and is not the problem - he is a part of the solution. I'm more concerned about whether or not he would want to stay here long term. If he is willing to stick around, he is not available for trade.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Myers will fetch a nice return at the deadline in 2023 when he’s about to be a UFA. Until he’s in the last year of his bad contract, he’s got little value.
If we are retaining him down to 4 or 5 mill, he'll get a bigger return as a 4m(minus prorated this season) plus only 4m for next season. But I agree, he will net a sizable return next TDL.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
He's been playing/producing at a 100 point pace since the start of the 2021 calendar year. He absolutely is a #1 C and is not the problem - he is a part of the solution. I'm more concerned about whether or not he would want to stay here long term. If he is willing to stick around, he is not available for trade.
The guy has never averaged a PPG, let's calm down with the "100 point pace" talk.

EP is a 1C but he's not come close yet to reaching his potential which is top 10C in the league. Let's hope he gets there.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
EP40, Hughes, and Demko. I’d trade everybody else.

I get the core, but everyone else has cap hits that most teams won't/can't afford.

Not the Miller type/Horvat, but the 'lesser' players will be hard to move.

And, I don't see Vancouver having the available assets to move them.

My opinion.

Reactions: BHD

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Centre>Wingers

I’m a leafs fan…Centres>wingers

So you think a top end winger> a top end C?
Elias Pettersson is not even a top flight C rn. So no. Not trading a 40-near 50 goal scorer at any forward position for an overrated center who also wont want to be here. He doesnt even want to be in Vancouver lmfao.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013

There’s 32 teams therefore the best 32 centers in the league are the 1Cs caliber players even if they’re doubled up on some teams.

Or are you of the opinion that ever since the O6 expansion there’s just 6 1Cs?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I think the players Canucks trade will be:

Kuzmenko - at 950k if he can produce at .5+ he will net a late 1st+ from a contender due to cap hit.

Horvat if not resigned, if he does Miller - it'll be the shake-up and will net a 1st + solid D Prospect, maybe a 3c coming back

Schenn - 4th?

Boeser - A team like Buffalo that is off to a good start, has assets and could use a RW that scores. His footspeed is not the greatest, but he is always a threat offensively and around average (maybe slightly below) defensively. His footspeed is really why many fans don't see him being responsible.

Garland - If Boeser is kept, Garland will be the one that goes. Wrong move if he is, but Bruce doesn't seem to like him for some reason. Always gives 110% and one of the top 5v5 players in the league. Has speed, deceptive shot/skills, and defensively responsible. Only real issue is that he is a midget.

Next TDL players like Pearson and Myers will be traded and get decent returns as well.

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Could a team get miller for like a 7th pick at this point?
Canucks don't even need that cap space. They're big pieces away from contending, the kind of pieces you develop, not sign in free agency. Miller into assets last TDL was the play, but the Canucks hoped against hope that they already had a winning core and signed him up long-term. Now the defense isn't adequate, the core isn't executing, and the season is almost over already. There's nothing in the pipeline, and the only three players that'll garner the kind of prospects/picks needed for a rebuild are the three the Canucks won't trade - Demko, Hughes, and Petey. Outside of Horvat, the best they can hope for with the rest of the team is MAYBE getting them off the books for low picks/switching them for another reclamation project/change of scenery-type player.

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad