Speculation: “We may very well be in a rebuild in the direction we’re going." - Rutherford

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I gotta say, it's real funny seeing Oilers fans shitting on the Canucks acting like they weren't the biggest dumpster fire for nearly a full decade before McDavid saved that franchise. Be humble.

It's abundantly clear that this team doesn't got it. The defensive corps is so ridiculously weak, and the forwards have not been good. People are expecting this to turn around, but with Quinn Hughes being injured at the moment and looked at as week-to-week, we're really f***ed. He's really a one-man transition machine, and without him we really have no defensemen that can move the puck efficiently. Couldn't have picked a better year for the team to have this type of a collapse with that being said. We should be looking to move Horvat, Boeser and Myers (With salary retained) to kickstart our fire sale. I'd also hit up the New York teams to see if they would still be interested in Miller in a Kessel-to-Pittsburgh type of trade where we retain about 1 million, but get a 1st + a recent 1st round prospect + a 2nd/3rd round level prospect.
Just let us shit on the Canucks since we spent the first 15 years of the decade getting destroyed by Naslund/Bertuzzi and then the Sedins.

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
If Petey hasn't proven to be a #1C, then Byram hasn't proven to be a #1 Dman

Also zero chance Byram is worth more, your bias is ridiculous here.
EP is a number 1C IMO. Really really good player. Avs don’t need a 1C. They already got a better one.

Byram is untouchable. He somewhat frequently outplays Makar. And Makar ain’t bad either.

Teams don’t trade 21 year old defenders that profile as future Norris contenders. Byram is exactly that.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Rebuild? Too much panic here. Shore up the blueline and the team will start to straighten out. Trade that way if you’re going to trade.

I’d fire the coach only to get the team’s attention and create a sense of urgency. It might be necessary but I doubt it. Can’t blame the coach for missing pieces the team desperately needs…

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rebuild? Too much panic here. Shore up the blueline and the team will start to straighten out. Trade that way if you’re going to trade.

I’d fire the coach only to get the team’s attention and create a sense of urgency. It might be necessary but I doubt it. Can’t blame the coach for missing pieces the team desperately needs…
Defence is still lacking a legit second pairing puck mover. And their team Defence isn’t very good.

Special teams still an issue.

Reactions: GoldenSeal

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Problem is that most teams will wait until early January to give up this year's 1st round pick (unless it is lottery protected), much like what happened back with the 2015 draft year. Most teams would want to make sure that they make the playoff before they make such move. GM will make such a trade early only when they are highly likely to be fired if his team does not make the playoff this year. If they have the owner's full support to stay longer, they may wait for another 2 months.

Trading for B+prospects, 2024 1st-round pick, 2022 lottery protected 1st round, 2023 2nd-round pick, or positional swap (like a solid forward for young experienced RHD) however may be more likely early in the year.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Brock Boeser for Milan Lucic and Oliver Kylington.

Flames get their top 6 winger. Canucks get a legit top 4 defenseman with lots of upside.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The salt is still flowing that Kuzmenko chose an unknown role in Vancouver over Edmonton :laugh: :clap:
Lol. He didn’t choose an “unknown role” he chose a guaranteed gravy top 6 spot with PP time. Some things GOOD teams don’t offer to nobodies. But the Nucks wouldn’t understand they are desperate for talent.

Reactions: PuckG

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t you want Pettersson from a Jets perspective? Pettersson and Connor would be very dangerous

We don't have the cap space to add him. Plus we have a good amount of finesse already and need a bit more players who have some grit with a bit of a scoring touch.

Reactions: Huffer

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Lol. He didn’t choose an “unknown role” he chose a guaranteed gravy top 6 spot with PP time. Some things GOOD teams don’t offer to nobodies. But the Nucks wouldn’t understand they are desperate for talent.
Wrong as usual, common knowledge he wasn’t guaranteed anything

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Wrong as usual, common knowledge he wasn’t guaranteed anything
Nope correct again. You don’t need inside knowledge to see what kind of ice time and oppurtunity he’d get on a trash team. Any agent with two eyes could see a bad team like Vancouver was going to have spots for someone that hasn’t earned it. And NO ONE knows what was promised in the interview process, he probably was promised exactly that. But it doesn’t matter, all you need to do is watch the games to see all his gravy time.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Nope correct again. You don’t need inside knowledge to see what kind of ice time and oppurtunity he’d get on a trash team. Any agent with two eyes could see a bad team like Vancouver was going to have spots for someone that hasn’t earned it. And NO ONE knows what was promised in the interview process, he probably was promised exactly that. But it doesn’t matter, all you need to do is watch the games to see all his gravy time.
So you claim he was guaranteed minutes, and then double down with “we don’t know”..

Keep digging yourself deeper 🤣

What WE DO know is that he was told he was not going to be guaranteed ice time by management
You've ruined my fantasy and my day is ruined.:mad:
Spencer Martin?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So you claim he was guaranteed minutes, and then double down with “we don’t know”..

Keep digging yourself deeper 🤣

Spencer Martin?
No actually if you read better or without bias. My point was that it doesn’t matter whether he was promised anything or not. Any moron could see that Vancouver was ripe for gravy minutes. Any moron would know that there’s more opportunities on bad teams than good ones. Kuzmenko chose opportunity to make $ over any chance of winning.

My point is proven by taking one look at a Canucks game and seeing the gifted minutes Kuzmenko is given.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad