“There wasn’t much but I wanted a penalty against Nashville” UPD Tim Peel early retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Need to fire Colon Campbell into the sun, Tim Peel was retiring in April anyways, so no skin off his back. Someone needs to be held accountable, otherwise you're a fool if you ever bet $$$ on hockey.
I've Made a lot of money betting on hockey, I have used the parity to my advantage

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Do you want to see Mcdavid score 70 goals? Because the man is too fast for the league and he would make regular defensmen look like beer leaguers more than he already does. Better yet, your team plays the Oilers, Enjoy your 6-2 spanking.

Making NHL defenders seem more competent is the point in competitive balance. If it was all offense it would be seen as the NBA on ice. The NBA ratings are in the shitter because they went the all offense route and their league is full of flopping and soft play, no more driving the lane its all 3 pointers.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Fans complain about fairness, but it will be unfair if players that can skate 40 mph start blowing by everyone 10 times a night. Then fans will complain defense is bad and there is too many goals. NHL fans always whine about the game, they whined about the penalty amount during an era when they started to enforce the rules. Do you know what happened? Ratings actually dropped. Most hockey fans want to see the mucking and grinding mixed in with skill.

Nobody wants to admit this but no matter what the NHL does in terms of enforcing the rules, they will always lose because we will complain. Fairness is great, but if they call 100 percent every penalty robotic like with no room for human judgement or error, i don't know if the product will improve. It did not improved when they did just that.

McDavid scoring 70 goals?! The absolute horror. That sounds terribly bland to watch. I know I tune in to watch the best player in the League constantly used as a toboggan or pulling tractor by other less skilled players.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
The league has been doing this for a while now. It's not just the a few refs who manage games, it's systemic. Too bad Tim Peel got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. The NHL just made him the scapegoat and then contradicted what they consider as "integrity". They've basically just clowned themselves.

I don't believe anything will come out of this. People will be outraged for 2 minutes and then check to see who plays tonight. It's just like wrestling with the fabricated drama. There's not much difference.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
McDavid scoring 70 goals?! The absolute horror. That sounds terribly bland to watch. I know I tune in to watch the best player in the League constantly used as a toboggan or pulling tractor by other less skilled players.

He should earn a power play every time he's on the ice, the shit refs let players get away with against him is pathetic.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019
I guess I missed it, because all I have seen or heard is a Nashville player and snippet of a conversation. I haven’t made my mind up, so please provide these articles that prove the context and full conversation show he was out to get the Preds. It shouldn’t be hard.

You’re missing the context and the point, here. Not really worth discussing any further if you think the concern is that a referee was out to get a specific team.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No, I was pointing out that he is coming from an obvious bias. Perhaps Peel was explaining why he made the call and it was a correct decision to make the call, it Duchesne didn’t like it so he just tells part of the story.

People who use third person tend to use it regularly. I’m betting you find Peel talking to players and referring to them by the team name.

The difference between me and you (and the others that I am referring to in my general comments) is that I prefer to get the full context and the full conversation before I say he is guilty or innocent. You guys grabbed the top the minute this snippet of a conversation went public.
Of course I did, I heard it on the broadcast as it happened. Heck the broadcast guys had to come back from the break and apologize for the language he used. The fact is Duchene was there for the full conversation, however much of it we didn't hear and even he said it was an odd comment.

We aren't missing anything, the guy literally told Forsberg or the Nashville bench that he fabricated a penalty. There is no context that will make that sound better.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
What context or evidence? The guy with the French-Canadian name who claims context is all of history or the clip from a Nashville player? The only ones whining here are the ones who got the rope out as soon as they heard the snippet and damn context or the full conversation.

Is there more to the conversation? Sounds like Peel made a one sentence comment as he was passing by and that was the full conversation.

The "snippet" is the entire conversation. Context is ref made phantom call and said he made a phantom call.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
You’re missing the context and the point, here. Not really worth discussing any further if you think the concern is that a referee was out to get a specific team.
I’ve asked over and over for the context, but all I have been told is that I “whines” that Duchene has no bias, that the context of the snippet is all of hockey history and that I should just shut up and say Tim Peel is the devil.

Do what you, and others haven’t done, enlighten me, bring me to one side or the other with actual co text of this incident, with the full conversation. And don’t start off with this accusation that the NHL has rigged games for its full history and that’s what this is about, nonsense.

Reactions: egelband

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Of course I did, I heard it on the broadcast as it happened. Heck the broadcast guys had to come back from the break and apologize for the language he used. The fact is Duchene was there for the full conversation, however much of it we didn't hear and even he said it was an odd comment.

We aren't missing anything, the guy literally told Forsberg or the Nashville bench that he fabricated a penalty. There is no context that will make that sound better.

Please show me the quote that shows he “fabricated a penalty.” I have yet to see anything like that.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I’ve asked over and over for the context, but all I have been told is that I “whines” that Duchene has no bias, that the context of the snippet is all of hockey history and that I should just shut up and say Tim Peel is the devil.

Do what you, and others haven’t done, enlighten me, bring me to one side or the other with actual co text of this incident, with the full conversation. And don’t start off with this accusation that the NHL has rigged games for its full history and that’s what this is about, nonsense.

You’re arguing in bad faith. Literally everyone can see that. Please just stop posting if you aren’t going to engage people honestly.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
The NHL is a joke league that pulls the strings on results as much as they can. It's similar to how the rest of the world is going. It's bullshit beyond belief. This is what happens when you have someone like Bettman leading this league, who just wants to squeeze every single dime he can out of the product. This will backfire, and what they've already done is backfiring. The product is becoming stale because it has Bettman's dirty fingerprints all over it. Just let the teams play hockey.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Is there more to the conversation? Sounds like Peel made a one sentence comment as he was passing by and that was the full conversation.

The "snippet" is the entire conversation. Context is ref made phantom call and said he made a phantom call.
I don’t know if there is more because they cut it off pretty quick after the F bomb was dropped. I also find it pretty hard to believe that he randomly skated by and said that he wanted to call a penalty on them and kept going. My guess is that there was a conversation going on. Where did he say he made a phantom call? If he did tell them that than why do we not have a clip of an absolutely livid Preds bench?

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Reminder: We have evidence that the NHL higher ups rigged refereeing for Boston.

Daniel Sedin of all players led everyone in PIM in the 2011 Finals.

That series was a cooked up sham by the NHL and everyone knows it. Shame on the NHL and I hope their crooked corrupt officiating system continues to be exposed. Tim Peel is just a pawn in the big scheme of things.

Reactions: hn777

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
As a Canucks fan this brings back bad memories of Colin Campbell stepping down from his position as head of officiating before the 2011 Cup finals, then coming down to the ice and raising the Cup over his head with his son after the Bruins won. The optics of that were really gross.

There should be an asterisk next to that cup win.

In round one, Ference actually made a F you to the crowd after scoring a goal and was never penalized for it. Glove malfunction they called it. Amongst other egregious calls on the way to their cup.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don’t know if there is more because they cut it off pretty quick after the F bomb was dropped. I also find it pretty hard to believe that he randomly skated by and said that he wanted to call a penalty on them and kept going. My guess is that there was a conversation going on. Where did he say he made a phantom call? If he did tell them that than why do we not have a clip of an absolutely livid Preds bench?
You have Forsberg responding with " I know " and then it cutting to commercial break. You don't have it because it doesn't exist.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019

Read the thread. There are references to Campbell influencing officiating decisions in an unethical way in the past. There is a history of Peel admitting to doing this in the past directly to Wyshynski. Fraser admitted as much after his retirement. Nobody is claiming the game is rigged, the issue is that refs for a long time have been focusing on managing games.

And the snippet of Peel saying what he said is available to everyone. Duchene’s statement was a a description of the event that happened, and a statement that he hopes this kind of sentiment doesn’t influence other referees’ decisions. Not an Op-Ed; not much opportunity for a statement of bias.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille