“There wasn’t much but I wanted a penalty against Nashville” UPD Tim Peel early retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Perfect opportunity for everyone who's been "victimized" by officiating to validate their feelings. I kind of feel bad for Peel he's had a long career and he was no doubt being instructed by the NHL to do his job this way.

That doesn't mean I am in favor of game management however.

Then he should come out and spill the beans.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
I mentioned the same thing on the Preds board and another poster had a good response. " Nashville " would be taken less personally than " you guys '.
1) What else would the Preds board say? I mean we have Bruins fans claiming Peel screwed them on the Accari non-call in the 2019 Finals, when he wasn’t even one of the officials assigned to the Fonals.

2) What sense does it make to use “Nashville” instead of “you” if you’re telling them you made up a penalty. Zero.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
We still don’t know the full conversation and the full context. Let’s be honest, is Duchesne an unbiased opinion? I’ll also add that I find it very odd that he would be talking to Forsberg and say, “I wanted to get a f’ing penalty against Nashville early...” Would he say something like, “I wanted to give you guys a penalty early...”

lol brutal reply after getting absolutely BTFO by someone who was literally on the ice when it happened.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
1) What else would the Preds board say? I mean we have Bruins fans claiming Peel screwed them on the Accari non-call in the 2019 Finals, when he wasn’t even one of the officials assigned to the Fonals.

2) What sense does it make to use “Nashville” instead of “you” if you’re telling them you made up a penalty. Zero.
So now you are just flat calling Duchene a liar, which if he is in this case we will know it pretty quickly.

Why do people talk in the 3rd person sometimes when it just sounds silly? It's language, people don't always think and just burp something out.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Not a big fan of firing someone for something they said, but that’s the ugly world we live in now.

I don't think he should be fired because this is something all refs do, but they wouldn't fire him for something he said, they would be firing him for admitting what he did.

That's like if I was a cashier and was fired because my boss overheard me telling a friend "yeah I took some cash from the safe but no one will miss it", then I complained about being fired for what I said. In this hypothetical I wasn't fired for what I said, I was fired for being a thief.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Need to fire Colon Campbell into the sun, Tim Peel was retiring in April anyways, so no skin off his back. Someone needs to be held accountable, otherwise you're a fool if you ever bet $$$ on hockey.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
This keeps being thrown out, but it's not the case. The decision isn't
Call everything and have an unending penalty box parade
vs.
Call penalties based on the score and number of penalties called so far in the game to each team

There's a magical third option
Adopt a reasonable penalty threshold and call the game by it consistently on all teams regardless of score and previous penalties

It's not the easiest thing in the world, but somehow the guys calling Bantam rep manage to do it. Methinks we could hold NHL refs to the same standards of minor hockey
Most of it comes down to training these guys have been given way too much leeway to interpret the rulebook, they should all be given a threshold and stick to it. One solution increase the pay so they don't feel like they need to be stars

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
So now you are just flat calling Duchene a liar, which if he is in this case we will know it pretty quickly.

Why do people talk in the 3rd person sometimes when it just sounds silly? It's language, people don't always think and just burp something out.

No, I was pointing out that he is coming from an obvious bias. Perhaps Peel was explaining why he made the call and it was a correct decision to make the call, it Duchesne didn’t like it so he just tells part of the story.

People who use third person tend to use it regularly. I’m betting you find Peel talking to players and referring to them by the team name.

The difference between me and you (and the others that I am referring to in my general comments) is that I prefer to get the full context and the full conversation before I say he is guilty or innocent. You guys grabbed the top the minute this snippet of a conversation went public.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
How about you go first? You whines about there being no evidence/context, were presented with some, and blew it off because you didn’t like it. Your turn now.
What context or evidence? The guy with the French-Canadian name who claims context is all of history or the clip from a Nashville player? The only ones whining here are the ones who got the rope out as soon as they heard the snippet and damn context or the full conversation.

PenguinSuitedUp

Oct 2, 2019

Any claim to Duchene lying here goes out the window with the fact that the NHL was so quick to respond to this incident.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
What context or evidence? The guy with the French-Canadian name who claims context is all of history or the clip from a Nashville player? The only ones whining here are the ones who got the rope out as soon as they heard the snippet and damn context or the full conversation.

You’re doing it again. Where’s your evidence that refutes Duchene’s account? Any effort to avoid providing it will prove you are arguing in bad faith.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Read the thread, listen to player interviews, read journalists’ articles. It’s all there and hard to ignore unless you’ve been willfully ignorant to it.
I guess I missed it, because all I have seen or heard is a Nashville player and snippet of a conversation. I haven’t made my mind up, so please provide these articles that prove the context and full conversation show he was out to get the Preds. It shouldn’t be hard.

Reactions: Amorgus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA