Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Bobby

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like what Debrusk was saying on the radio. He can't say it on tv. He is right. He says the refs, for some reason, are not calling games evenly this year. Oilers are always on the bad end for the most part.

Some of it is also b/c we refuse to work, but in games we even do "dominate" in the other teams end, the refs will call nothing and then call us on a small ticky tack call.
We got 5 PP's in a row. For all that we were -1.

excuses

Which games do we "dominate" They are few and far between. We have 3 W's in our last 10. One of them was getting a 3 on 3 W, one of the few aspects we excel at in a game the Oilers treated like their own little personal Stanley Cup while Vegas. 7-2-1 in last 10 hung around even though Oilers were desperate for a W and they were not.

The only time this whole month we got a multiple goal W was against a struggling preds squad. We still gave up 4 goals in that one. To a team that can barely score.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Is it a huge stretch to expect McDavid to carry one relative scrub winger at his salary? (Yes, the team was asking him to carry two for the longest time.)

Kane or Hyman on one wing and someone like Kostin, Holloway etc should be a reasonable ask. He carried Maroon and Kassian at times.

When your best player is making the cap of two top line wingers (when the contract was signed $6M would get you a reasonable top 6 player), you need to be able to spread the wealth a bit.
He is always carrying scrubs. It’s not his fault he passes the puck right to JPs stick and he falls into the goal post.

Reactions: Proko88

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
He is always carrying scrubs. It’s not his fault he passes the puck right to JPs stick and he falls into the goal post.

Yeah, it’s also not his fault that the current coach insists on pumping JP, agreed. I think that even a $3M guy is too much cap to tie up on the third wheel

He should really be playing with one of the $1M guys and Hyman at least until Kane returns.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This actually makes me mad.
1669327039956.jpeg

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'd rather have Jonesy and his cherry picking ass on this team. At least he tried getting greasy goals
This team can never find the perfect formula. Most teams would kill for our top forwards but everything else on the team is a huge pile of ass. I also miss the 2016-17 team. That was probably the best Oilers team post-Cup run.

Reactions: Duke74 and McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
This team can never find the perfect formula. Most teams would kill for our top forwards but everything else on the team is a huge pile of ass. I also miss the 2016-17 team. That was probably the best Oilers team post-Cup run.

I just found out Ethan f***ing Bear is ahead of Foegele in both goals and points per game.
Another Ken Holland trade masterpiece.

More goals than Niemo, Ceci, Murray, Kulak, and Bouchard.

What an embarrassment of a team this year. The moment Kane's injured, this team got f***ed even more. But hey, we're still waiting for Broberg to pan out despite being a WIN NOW type of team. Ken Holland is by far the worst GM in the league.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I just found out Ethan f***ing Bear is ahead of Foegele in both goals and points per game.
Another Ken Holland trade masterpiece.

More goals than Niemo, Ceci, Murray, Kulak, and Bouchard.

What an embarrassment of a team this year. The moment Kane's injured, this team got f***ed even more. But hey, we're still waiting for Broberg to pan out despite being a WIN NOW type of team. Ken Holland is by far the worst GM in the league.
Yup, I looked that up this morning after seeing him trend last night on Twitter. Good for him, honestly.

Foegele was f***ing benched during the playoffs and we still think we have something in this player. Seriously, how does almost every acquisition the Oilers make manage to suck complete ass?

Do a real forensic audit on the team. We really thought it couldn't get worse than Chiarelli...

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I legit chuckled when Woody threw out McLeod/JP/Holloway as a PP unit... collectively that group has an on-ice shooting pct of ~4%.

He might as well have thrown out Niemo/Murray/Kulak as a PP unit... they'd have just as good of a chance at scoring (yes I realize Murray wasn't even in the game... wouldn't have mattered). :)
Mr Magoo, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles had a better chance to score on the PP than that unit he sent out. Again, Woody is scratching for an answer/spark when he does things like that. I can’t say I blame him.

I’m hopeful that they fly home after Saturday, with one W on this roadie. It won’t solve things long term but hopefully it gets the team focussed on small successes that they can build on.

There are 6-7 games over the next 10 that are must wins (and are teams that they should beat). Fingers (and eyes, and toes) crossed.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup, I looked that up this morning after seeing him trend last night on Twitter. Good for him, honestly.

Foegele was f***ing benched during the playoffs and we still think we have something in this player. Seriously, how does almost every acquisition the Oilers make manage to suck complete ass?

Do a real forensic audit on the team. We really thought it couldn't get worse than Chiarelli...

It still annoys me that this team has the exact same holes when McDavid was drafted and it still hasn't been fixed.
Year 8 of McDavid, and this is exactly the result we have? It's embarrassing. Ken Holland and Bob Nicholson can GTFO.

Holland and his dumb excuses like 'you can't squeeze other GM's' but somehow they end up squeezing him. Detroit this Detroit that, Chelios trade back in the 90's, blah blah blah. Team is in desperate need of a top 4 d man to stop the GA bleeding, but nah, let's just wait for Broberg to pan out instead of using him as a trade bait.
Then we have the piece of shit Bob Nicholson aka creator of 2 hush funds who has done exactly what for this organization? Doesn't voice anything when the NHL refused to give the oilers extra $ for Keith's retirement, but hey, he's apparently so respected in hockey, right? Then he had the audacity to blame only Tobias Rieder for the Oilers not making the playoffs a couple years ago. The only memorable thing Nicholson has done for this organization is create an overpriced and overrated shit ass burger.

f*** both of them, seriously.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I like what Debrusk was saying on the radio. He can't say it on tv. He is right. He says the refs, for some reason, are not calling games evenly this year. Oilers are always on the bad end for the most part.

Some of it is also b/c we refuse to work, but in games we even do "dominate" in the other teams end, the refs will call nothing and then call us on a small ticky tack call.

And here I thought the Oilers always faced the cleanest opponents :sarcasm:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
McDavid is probably the best forward in world but I would expect even more from him. This season at 5-on-5 he is -1 (13-14, corsi and fenwick is basically even), has 5+6 in 20 games, which would be less than 50 points for whole season.

Also Draisaitl has been lacking. 5-on-5 Leon is -3 (16-19, so 1 GA/every game!), corsi and fenwick is 45%, 4+5 for 20 games. The numbers are bad.
Everyone has kind of sucked 5 on 5 this year by their standards even the top guys.

Reactions: Oilhawks

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton

team f***ing sucks

The McDrai on-ice numbers are a little bit misleading. Obviously it's still not good, but this the first time for a sample size like this that there is no real significant time with McDrai playing together. So you're comparing top 6 production vs bottom 6 instead of top line vs bottom 9.

SnipeShowJB11

Jul 8, 2022
We got 5 PP's in a row. For all that we were -1.

excuses

Which games do we "dominate" They are few and far between. We have 3 W's in our last 10. One of them was getting a 3 on 3 W, one of the few aspects we excel at in a game the Oilers treated like their own little personal Stanley Cup while Vegas. 7-2-1 in last 10 hung around even though Oilers were desperate for a W and they were not.

The only time this whole month we got a multiple goal W was against a struggling preds squad. We still gave up 4 goals in that one. To a team that can barely score.
Timing is everything too. Hey, they gave them gravy ones at the end. Whoopie

In the grand scheme of things, everybody shouldn't even need to be talking about PP's. We should be a god damn good 5 on 5 team and our PP's should be gravy goals.

"The Oilers have scored at a rate of 1.11 5v5 goals per hour without McDavid and Draisaitl this season. That is the lowest it has *ever* been in the McDavid and Draisaitl era. For comparison, they scored 1.52 goals per 60 without 97/29 under Chiarelli from 17-18 - 18-19."

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Wow. When the team loses, the fans lose their mind. Boys better start winning again or this place will resemble a mental asylum. Even more than it already does.
I'm one of the most positive Oiler fans out there. I challenge you to focus on Draisaitl during a game and watch the turn overs

Reactions: EnufAlready

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I'm one of the most positive Oiler fans out there. I challenge you to focus on Draisaitl during a game and watch the turn overs
I have. The turnovers result from two things: 1) He's clearly still nursing that ankle injury from the playoffs and 2) he's desperately trying to create offence because without him or McDavid creating something, we don't score. If we had a decent bottom six and he was 100% healthy, the turnovers wouldn't be as egregious. I'm not excusing them, but at the same time, trading him for a far worse player that makes only a million less sounds like frustration rather than logic.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We even got the “coming in peace“ posts and sympathy. “You guys have a real bright future”

Yikes this is bad.

Absolutely embarassing the way this team is playing. Has 2017-18 vibes.

Hard to see this team making the playoffs.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Leo’s turnover rate is no different now than it was last season or the season before. Thats how he plays. He's allowed to get away with it because of his point production. Not only permitted by his coaching staff but by much of the fanbase. I am a fan of his skill. And as you know, not a fan of the player. And yes, it’s ok to be an Oiler fan and dislike Leo. We cant win with this player when he plays the way he does. He throws pucks away. Cheats to the offensive side no matter what the situation or score is. Woody has zero chance of fixing that. Yes, a multitude of other issues but this one should not be overlooked or just be discussed because we are on a skid.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The Oilers will be just fine. Too much drama here.
What is your defintion of fine? If it is fine to eeek into the playoffs you are probably right, if it is to actually do soemthing with a full cap team with a couple of the top players in the world then fine is probably the wrong word.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
What is your defintion of fine? If it is fine to eeek into the playoffs you are probably right, if it is to actually do soemthing with a full cap team with a couple of the top players in the world then fine is probably the wrong word.
Fine I say. go buy some FTX

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad