McKenzie: “…the #2 pick is very much up for grabs…”/The 2OA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
i wouldn't call svech an elite goal srorer, but he's a much more better playmaker than laine will ever be.

I don’t think Svechnikov is an elite sniper. Talking pure shot velocity and accuracy (although both are quite good). I think Zadina is closer to meeting that threshold.

Svechnikov is an elite goal scorer like Auston Matthews is. He is a technician in the offensive zone. He has killer instincts which he uses with his size to pick apart defenses and goalies. He’s like a pitcher that doesn’t need to throw a 100 mph fastball to beat batters because his command is elite enough to anticipate and target the soft spots.

That skill set will be on display even more playing with a guy like Aho. Watching those two work magic on the PP will be a treat.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
You probably have to replace ROR with Mittelstadt and add. ROR is too old to be the centerpiece of a #2OA trade.
My thinking was that Carolina is ready to push for the playoffs starting next year as their core is in that age range. ROR is the type of player you want come playoff time. Can shutdown opponents top lines while chipping in offensively.

But if they view Svech as an elite driver of offence than they could look to package Skinner + for the centreman they need :dunno:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
this is amazing, so Svechnikov might be available at #3 or we might be able to move up for him?

giphy.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
My thinking was that Carolina is ready to push for the playoffs starting next year as their core is in that age range. ROR is the type of player you want come playoff time. Can shutdown opponents top lines while chipping in offensively.

But if they view Svech as an elite driver of offence than they could look to package Skinner + for the centreman they need :dunno:

Skinner/Lindholm + Faulk/Hanifin for the best C they can find. Should have some takers. Keep Svechnikov as a part of the solution.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Trading top picks is very hard. What is someone going to offer more valuable than paying Svechnikov nothing for three years and having two more before he can even get to arbitration? Under the current cba...if Dahlin and Svechnikov are who everyone thinks they are...you’re signing them to an 8 year contract in three years.

What is someone offering better than those guys for 11 years?

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Hanafan
#2 OVERALL PICK

FOR

Auston Matthew's

After this playoff series Auston needs a change of scenery. He simplymdoesnt a bow up come playoff time.

Reactions: ThomasG

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Reinhart and 32? Is Reinhart still considered a center or is he looked at as a winger around the league?

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
If the Islanders offered a sign and trade for Tavares what other pieces from both sides would make this work?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Possible Rangers offers with the 3 centers I’d considerin this deal. Chytil is untouchable

Lias Andersson + 9 overall + 39 overall

Mika Zibanejad + 26ish overall + 39 overall

Kevin Hayes + Ryan Spooner + 9 overall

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
If the Islanders offered a sign and trade for Tavares what other pieces from both sides would make this work?

Barzal is one of the few pieces in the league I’d move #2 for. JT is a Free Agent. If he is willing to sign with the Canes then they will just sign him on July 1.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm surprised this would be a "thing" since as a casual observer, the Canes could use a Svechnikov/Zadina type to complement Necas/Aho in the middle and they already have the defense so many teams covet.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ah, the annual “this top 5 Pick might be traded.... oh wait it wasn’t” story.

Didn’t even wait for the playoffs to end this year. Impressive

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Omg how could I say no that. The higher the round the better.

I'll even throw in Ottawa's 2nd rounder. That's two 2nd rounders for the 1st rounder. And if I can learn you some math, 1 x 2 = 2. So mathematically, each 2nd is worth twice as much as that 1st. So you're really getting four times the value. We're getting hosed here. You'd be an idiot to say no.

Reactions: Hedley Lamarr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad