Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Even if Reilly is claimed, still looks like there's a couple 100K that will need to be cleared. Sending Kinkaid down will do it, but idk if that's possible. Hopefully Swayman is close.

Both for the best player you can get to improve the current line up or draft pick you can get.
There's no trade market for Reilly, hence his appearance on waivers this afternoon. Smith with be the same situation. Someone taking the contracts without us adding a sweetener will be a win.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Even if Reilly is claimed, still looks like there's a couple 100K that will need to be cleared. Sending Kinkaid down will do it, but idk if that's possible. Hopefully Swayman is close.

There's no trade market for Reilly, hence his appearance on waivers this afternoon. Smith with be the same situation. Someone taking the contracts without us adding a sweetener will be a win.
Kinkaid is the back up goalie. There isn't anyone after him, you can't send him down until Sway is ready, and
I don't think he is even practicing.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I'm no expert in salary cap gymnastics but I'm not sure how they do this.

McAvoy comes off LTIR they waived Reilly, if you waive Smith as well and place Forbert on LTIR you're still a few 100,000 short. Stralman or Zboril has to be moved out as well I think. Or they waive Foligno again even though he's played well. I have no idea how they pull this off.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I'm no expert in salary cap gymnastics but I'm not sure how they do this.

McAvoy comes off LTIR they waived Reilly, if you waive Smith as well and place Forbert on LTIR you're still a few 100,000 short. Stralman or Zboril has to be moved out as well I think. Or they waive Foligno again even though he's played well. I have no idea how they pull this off.
I think if Reilly completely is taken off their hands, either for free or via trade with no salary coming back, they could make it work if they just rostered 22 players.

Not ideal obviously but it's been done before. The real problem would be when Forbort is ready to return.

Reactions: Gordoff

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Well 2.11M is basically one of 3 guys, and probably not a D if they waived Reilly.

So it's probably exactly one guy. Wonder what pick we gotta attach to him to deal him to Arizona. I hope a 3rd or less, but feeling like it may be a 2nd. Ah well.

MyNameIsJonas

Oct 27, 2022
The sticks
I don’t see why Reilly gets claimed now after a couple weeks ago. Seems like a draft pick would be needed to move Reilly or Smith at this point. I guess we can cross our fingers but hopefully they have a backup plan here

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I don’t see why Reilly gets claimed now after a couple weeks ago. Seems like a draft pick would be needed to move Reilly or Smith at this point. I guess we can cross our fingers but hopefully they have a backup plan here
Even if claimed, Reilly alone doesn't free up enough cap, so has to be another move. Wonder if they maybe have a trade for Smith lined up.

Reactions: MyNameIsJonas

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Studnicka was one of the young players that they always gave a very very short leash to. 1 mistake, and staple him to the bench for 20 minutes. No way a kid can feel confident, play well, with that hanging on him. A vet makes the same mistake, no problem send em back out, but a rookie and bench him for 20 minutes. I'm not saying a player can make the same mistake over and over with no repercussions, but you can't scare them and expect them to perform.
Bill Lindsay on NHL tonight was saying a similar thing with Debrusk and Cassidy. Basically saying jakes still has made some bad decisions out-there but Monty gets him right back out-there instead of sitting his bottom on the bench.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Bill Lindsay on NHL tonight was saying a similar thing with Debrusk and Cassidy. Basically saying jakes still has made some bad decisions out-there but Monty gets him right back out-there instead of sitting his bottom on the bench.
Cannot compare Studnicka and DeBrusk , when DeBrusk came up he produced he showed something that was never the case with Stud,. Eveyone is jumping on this kids bandwagon now because he got two points , please give it some time...................

Reactions: weaponomega

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Guess which team has the best PK in the league?

His winning F/O percentage is 56% in comparison to Bergeron who is 62% and third in the league.

The points will come but he plays a very important role on this team. I can't see him sitting out. Being moved is an option.
Agree on all your points
Plus he has taken some pressure off of Bergeron on the defensive zone faceoffs

All this Reilly and Smith talk is making me think Reilly Smith is still on this team
Scored the OT winner against the leafs

Reactions: Blowfish and Grimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad