Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
So basically I don't see how Schenn makes sense. You'd have to put gryz with him
And Gryz with Schenn would mean Forbort with one of McAvoy or Carlo, and neither of those pairing has ever had a smidge of success. Unless we’re going all in for a legit top 4 guy like Gavrikov our top 6 defense doesn’t need tweaking imo. Get a decent depth guy that won’t cost an arm and a leg like Schenn will. I like Megna or Seeler as options.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It doesn’t matter to me how he scores his goals.

He’ll be 28 years old entering the playoffs. His career average is 26G 28A (54 points). His shooting % this season is 22.2% , his career shooting percentage is 14%.

You can believe it’s his new equipment, maybe it is? I choose to believe this is a classic case of career season in a contract year. Many more examples of this as opposed to a 28yr old player suddenly exploding and continuing that play. Look right there in Vancouver with JT Miller.

I’m not knocking Horvat, I just feel he’s a 50ish point center who is having a career season and is going to get PAID this summer & some team might regret it.

It's a lot of things. All those things and more.

People here constantly ignore that Bo Horvat is a big fish in a small pond. He's never getting the type of looks and touches here that he's getting in Vancouver. On a team that is basically been allowed to ignore defensive responsibility.

Any GM who gives him 8-9 million per over 7-8 years this summer expecting similar results to what he's done this season is making a huge mistake.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Great replacement at 2C but not at 8m+. Plus cap just doesn’t work here next season.

I’m not reading an article hyping up Horvat by “Canucks Army”. Thanks
Fine don't read the article ... stop calling out folk who would like to see him in Boston by saying we are overrating him. Everyone knows he's good and will be deserving of a good contract.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Outside of his snapshot, Horvat has also added a new weapon to his arsenal: tips. Just take a look at the types of goals he’s scored this season:
Tips10
Snapshot4
Power play bumper3
One-timer3
Rebounds3
Empty net2
Deflections2
Wrist shot1
Backhander1
Tap-in1
In fact, Horvat leads the league in tip-in goals (fun fact: the player in second is Andrei Kuzmenko!), a skill that was rarely seen from him in the past. Many of the league’s best tip artists score at the net front, but Horvat has actually potted most of his goals further away from the crease and in the middle of the offensive zone.
Every single fanbase ever tries to rationalize how their overperforming outlier isn't actually an outlier due to different shots/finding their spot/exponential improvement as natural progression. See: Chris Kreider, Dominic Kubalik, Mika Zibenjad, Cam Atkinson, William Karlsson.

A shooting percentage spike is always an anomaly. It might last a whole season in the extreme cases, but it always, always comes back down.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Big Board future top center

1. Jack Eichel

Can be seen lying on Taylor Hall couch during summer; riding up and down the same elevator as Bruins players and staff at Warrior facilities to work out or skate; seen around town at venues with some hockey buds living here many current Bruins

2024 summer

2. Tomas Hertl

If the Sharks trade Timo Meier and go in full Bedard 5 year rebuild, can’t see Hertl spending the best chunk of his ability in suckage mode. He’s got 7 years left at $8.1 not bad and waiving to Boston to play with Zacha & Pastrnak a No brainer

Summer trade

3. Bo Horvat

Bruins admirer and dad team - if not for Vancouver trading Cory Schneider to Devils for 9th pick 2013 draft on their clock time, Seguin going to Dallas next pick (10) and Bruins taking Bo there - oh it was a multi asset deal but was happening

Not sure how they do this but it’s interesting to see if he does extension

Whoever gets him and wants to keep Bruins out of this better be ready to over pay

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Fine don't read the article ... stop calling out folk who would like to see him in Boston by saying we are overrating him. Everyone knows he's good and will be deserving of a good contract.
Apologies if it seemed I was calling you out. Not the case. I like the player, just don’t think he’s worth the (1) assets to acquire, (2) contract he’s rumored to possibly sign in the offseason. 8m+ per is overpay IMO.

Agree to disagree. I’d like him in Boston. In a perfect world, he’d sign a 5 year deal, 6m per. He’d be 33 years old heading into UFA. He’d still have the opportunity to sign another solid contract then. Someone will offer him 7 years and 9m per this summer.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
The guy has been consistently good and getting better in his prime. Read the article. He's a perfect replacement and certainly isn't overrated.
And he s playing with a shit team with a lot of negative vibes right now imagine in a great hockey team with a winning culture and a ton of leadership and positive mood...and skill players, could be really good

Reactions: Blowfish

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Agree completely but other teams have more to offer. I have a feeling the Leafs get him.
I read on couple sites today some Bruins fans thinking Grezlyck be guy traded here .Never looked at his status yet or salary but apparently they did lol I have to think that is not happening but they think it's his spot Bruins should upgrade.Personally I think that would hurt the room but Gavrikov in his spot I would support.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gavrikov could be to Boston what McDonagh was to Tampa. I’d consider a 1st for him. Apparently Columbus has allowed teams contact with his agent to discuss contract.
Bruins 1st is same as a 2nd easy move

Thoughts on Niko Mikkola from the Blues?

I am convinced all the depth we need could be solved with a phone call to St Louis
Big kid

Trashpass

Dec 21, 2019
I read on couple sites today some Bruins fans thinking Grezlyck be guy traded here .Never looked at his status yet or salary but apparently they did lol I have to think that is not happening but they think it's his spot Bruins should upgrade.Personally I think that would hurt the room but Gavrikov in his spot I would support.
None of the top 6 D are going to be traded this season. Off season is a different story. The only roster player that would be traded is Smith and that's if anyone will take him.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Do you remember the years of John Blue, Manny Fernandez, Jim Carey and the goalie of the week? Let's not relive those, they can still win this year with Swayman if ullmark gets hurt. Not worth the probable return in my opinion
I do remember them well, but that's not my question

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If moving Grizz and a pick fetched Gavrikov I would.I am all about the size on backend for playoff wars.That said I agree with you

I'm not the biggest Gryz fan in the world, But I am just not seeing how UFA to be Gavrikova is worth Gryz (signed for 1 more year at way below market) AND a pick

Gryz might be somehow the most overrated, and also underrated player in hockey at the same time

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Mac would not be happy. Other than that probably a slight upgrade, in theory anyway.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mac would not be happy. Other than that probably a slight upgrade, in theory anyway.
It's a huge upgrade in playoffs though.Gavrikov logging 22 + mins per game and 6ft3 213 lbs.He is 27 yrs old to and only -3 on that team with those mins is amazing.Grizz 2 yrs older 17 mins nite at 5 ft 9 175 lbs .Yea give me Gavrikov over him if had to pick.That said the room matters to Bruins guys so can't see Bruins moving him..Leafs are gonna try get Gavrikov or Oilers if they can swing it.That cap creating issues for alot of teams.

Reactions: Gordoff

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Move one of Reilly or Smith

Add depth forward and depth defenseman.

If we can add a big name and make the money work without moving anyone that is currently considered part of the core, I say do it.

I'm not sure what else to realistically add except a couple insurance guys. Grabbing other teams top players to play on the bottom half of our roster would be fun, but not sure how realistic the big names are.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1674449231747.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad