Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In a state with no income tax, opposed to Massachusetts which just added a millionaires tax to an already high tax rate.

I still think you are starting at 11M per for 8 years but most likely 12.5 for 8.

The Tax Foundation (a right wing leaning think tank) has Massachusetts as the 11th best tax rates for individuals in the country (before the millionaires tax was added). The “Taxachusetts” label is outdated, Mass is pretty average.

Reactions: Fenian24

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Does anyone know anything about Tanner Jeannot in Nashville?
Put up 24 goals 41 pts last year but seems to be struggling. Playing 15 mins a night but only 6 pts.
Can thrown down, lotta hits, even took on Reaves this year.
I'm looking for some forechecking psychos for bottom 6 to compete with Greer.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Put up 24 goals 41 pts last year but seems to be struggling. Playing 15 mins a night but only 6 pts.

Nashville's GM loves him. Highly doubt they move him. Old school power forwards are a bit of a unicorn in this league.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Cliffy can have 2.4 here. I imagine that he comes back. maybe even at 1.9.
If Pasta is over $10 mil Clifton is walking. Swayman, Zacha, Freddy all in need of new contracts + will need to fill out the roster with league minimum guys. 2.4 for a #6 D is out of the question. Cap is going to be tight AF next season. Don't get me wrong, I live the player, but I think he's gone after this year.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
He wont be moved

Reactions: Bmessy

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I know I love him. He is great. Plays hockey like a bruin. Will probably retire in Nashville :p

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Would rather trade for a retained Lucic who will be available for free and needs to end his career in a Bs jersey.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I think the obvious move is turning Smith into Niederreiter and somehow making the cap work, this season and next. Has size. He can hit. He can score. He's productive 5 on 5.

Kevin Lebanc would probably fit this team seamlessly, but he's more expensive. He also doesn't PK, so his only real value is points. On the plus side, his contract allows for an it's-only-business-kid buyout over the summer that would work, if you can't fit him in for 2024.

Part of me wants them to swap out Clifton for one of the Kings' RDs, but I really don't think you want to move a regular at this point and risk offending the gods of synergy.
If you delete this I may use it as my thoughts

Leblanc contract sucks but I think he would be really good here - always liked Nino

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don`t have any massive issues with the D but always worry Grizz will get hurt prior to playoffs and would like someone who brings a nasty side to them, doesn`t mean they have to drop the mitts every game, just a guy who makes life miserable for opponents, I haven`t a clue who that might be but perhaps someone on here can think of someone

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Idk that we’ve really got any holes in the whole damn roster…3/4 RW is the only potential hole, right? Just put Lysell there. If he can’t adjust to the NHL yet, our depth scoring has been fine all year why mess with it?

Why give up assets?
Yeah, if they can upgrade at the trade deadline on Freddy or Smith/Greer, or maybe Nosek, sure, do it. If it's an established NHL player with proven effectiveness (especially in playoffs) in those roles. And even with Freddy and Nosek, I'm not sure it would be worth the assets... Unless it's another 1-for-1 Zacha for Haula kind of deal.

Otherwise, the depth is pretty solid as is.

Only thing is, what if DS has a chance to land a centre at the TDL who could step into Bergeron's or Krejci's spots down the road? Do you spend the assets for that future and possibly weaken the depth for a Cup run this year?

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
@DominicT you have a read on what they're doing? i thought he was gonna be assigned through the holidays to save cap
certainly not as wise to the workings as Dom, but my assumption is they ccall him up for practice, send him down after practice.
then call him up for whichever of the two games (thurs/fri) he will play, then back down, then back up for a pre WC Practice and then again for WC if he is playing.

Back and forth to be available when needed but minimize time on the roster? idk

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
@DominicT you have a read on what they're doing? i thought he was gonna be assigned through the holidays to save cap
At the risk of sounding full of myself, yes.

This management is going to go for it. When? They obviously have to make the numbers work. My guess is that they have a target number in mind and much like they fooled everyone coming out of LTIR had things figured out to the penny, (I think I called it masterfully done?) I think they know exactly how to get there and these Smith moves we'll see are just part of the process to get there.

It may not seem like a lot, and it really isn't, but big picture. This is hat happened to the Bruins cap in 24 hours. First is before Smith was sent down, second is after recall.

Bruins Cap.PNG
Bruins Cap 2.PNG

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
I have been reading posts and not from the Bruins brass that is all about getting a center or a top name Horvat , Kane and even Toews and others and they want to include a D going the other way like a Carlo ,or Gryz that is what I am talking about . Let me ask you do you believe they should be worried about a center at this time, when I believe we Defensive help ?
Need a top 6 forward and solid physical D...Horvat and Schenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad