Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Reactions: RustyBruins72

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I’m lost. Wasn’t there a need to free up more money? Dom and others said there needed to be another move
Lou, it's confusing. I actually had to get a hold of two friends at the NHLPA. Even Gold had this figured out since they waived Reilly the second time. Genius move.

I was fooled I admit it, but so were most of the sites that make money keeping track of the cap for us so I don't feel so bad.

Like I wrote in that piece above, If they had kept Reilly on the roster one more day, this wouldn't have worked.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Lou, it's confusing. I actually had to get a hold of two friends at the NHLPA. Even Gold had this figured out since they waived Reilly the second time. Genius move.

I was fooled I admit it, but so were most of the sites that make money keeping track of the cap for us so I don't feel so bad.

Like I wrote in that piece above, If they had kept Reilly on the roster one more day, this wouldn't have worked.

giphy.gif

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So $33k under with 22/23 roster.

This is f***ing TIGHT to the cap.

I don't even know if that's room enough for one emergency call up, depending on the number of days we'd need that player.

Still feel like a move will have to be made. Just managing to to barely push it down down the line.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I don't even know if that's room enough for one emergency call up, depending on the number of days we'd need that player.

Still feel like a move will have to be made. Just managing to to barely push it down down the line.
I'm expecting a move to come at some point. At least for now they are banking and they have an extra forward and an extra defenceman.

The worst part is over.

If you want to know what a player costs per day as a call up, divide their cap hit by 185

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston

Yup a trade still has to come for breathing room

But its
Very impressive that they have pulled all this cap maneuvering off without making a big trade

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
So conservatively, if the Bruins stayed exactly like this (not that that will happen) they could add a $4.2-$4.5M player at the deadline.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So conservatively, if the Bruins stayed exactly like this (not that that will happen) they could add a $4.2-$4.5M player at the deadline.
33,692 divided by 42 (days remaining in the season after trade deadline multiplied by 185 (days in the regular season) = AAV that can be added on trade deadline. In this case $148,405

Bruins Cap.PNG

Also, David Krejci earns another $500k on Saturday bringing bonuses earned to $4,000,000.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
33,692 divided by 42 (days remaining in the season after trade deadline multiplied by 185 (days in the regular season) = AAV that can be added on trade deadline. In this case $148,405

View attachment 614679

Also, David Krejci earns another $500k on Saturday bringing bonuses earned to $4,000,000.
Sorry - for some reason I was thinking days until deadline not after deadline

Reactions: DominicT

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

View attachment 614679

So at this point there's likely not a high chance either Bergeron or Krejci's bonuses aren't getting punted to next season?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
For the sake of it have you heard the cost to take Reilly, or IF there would even be a market for Smith?
Getting rid of his cap and replace him with someone 1/3rd the cap is a win, move him for whatever you can get. Frederic is superior to him on that line and the shooter is Hall, Smith was shooting blanks for 3.1 million.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So I was digging around this morning and saw a few good articles. One was talking about the Oilers looking at Frederic and Greer from Boston, Bastian from Devils & McEwen from Flyers .The Oiiers are definitely looking to get grittier up front but it has to be cheap salary which these guys make cause they are against cap .I was thinking why would Bruins do that with how good they are playing.Personally I can't see Bruins dealing with Oilers but I can see it with StLouis.If your Bruins the 1 guy that was talked about in past and is a UFA to be with huge playoff pedigree and great in the dot is Ryan OReilly .This is Bruins shot and I fully expect Donny to be dealing for a proven winner like him .Freddy is from StLouis to so add a pick to it and it might work .Just some food for thought .

Reactions: Mathews28

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So I was digging around this morning and saw a few good articles. One was talking about the Oilers looking at Frederic and Greer from Boston, Bastian from Devils & McEwen from Flyers .The Oiiers are definitely looking to get grittier up front but it has to be cheap salary which these guys make cause they are against cap .I was thinking why would Bruins do that with how good they are playing.Personally I can't see Bruins dealing with Oilers but I can see it with StLouis.If your Bruins the 1 guy that was talked about in past and is a UFA to be with huge playoff pedigree and great in the dot is Ryan OReilly .This is Bruins shot and I fully expect Donny to be dealing for a proven winner like him .Freddy is from StLouis to so add a pick to it and it might work .Just some food for thought .

I dont know who is doing the speculating but Bruins have zero cap room. So aside from disrupting chemistry and moving one of their lowest contracts , I cant see a match.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I dont know who is doing the speculating but Bruins have zero cap room. So aside from disrupting chemistry and moving one of their lowest contracts , I cant see a match.
Yea I was looking but a good GM finds ways when u have shot at Cup
1669824350484.png

What are you figuring Wally ?Any ideas how they could add this guy for playoff run.Love to shed Reilly or Smith coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad