Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I would give up just about anything not named Lysell because I think he puts them over the top. He also has the last say in where he goes with the NTC, so maybe it won’t cost a ton? I’m usually dreaming with these scenarios but that’s who I’d be after.
Depends on our injury situation as the deadline approaches. If there are concerns about the health of 37/46/13 or one of those guys ends up being out for a long period as the deadline approaches, I'd consider it. However if those guys are fit and healthy, Toews is a luxury you don't need. Especially with Zacha, Coyle and Nosek able to play Center further up the lineup for short stretches.

If you are gonna add Center depth (which isn't a bad idea) there are cheaper options out there.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
the Kane rumors have come up from fringe sources a few times this year and every time I'm just like...what need does he even fill? They are 2nd in the league in goals per game and their top 6 is pretty set AND they have flexibility with guys like Hall and Zacha capable of playing anywhere in the top 9.

Don't get me wrong, adding Kane to this team would make them better and would absolutely be a "go for it" kind of move, but for the cost to acquire and the cap gymnastics required there are probably options out there that can add the depth they're looking for at a fraction of the price.

If they were going for a home run type of deadline move I think a Horvat trade would fit more with the Bruins MO b/c like Lindholm last year he'd also be filling a long-term need and they'd probably love to slot him in as their Bergeron replacement next year.

fwiw I don't expect them to do anything as big as getting either guy. I DO think they'll make solid depth moves though.

Reactions: Skelen and Kegs

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ownership knew, the Front Office knew and the Head Coach knew about the Beach situation and nobody did anything. Whether or not everyone on the roster knew is debatable. However to expect the players to take a stand when the entire organization above them knew about it and did nothing, is unrealistic and quite frankly, a little unfair. I would have preferred that they had, but I'm not gonna tar and feather them for staying silent.
Overall I agree. However, if I recall correctly the players were taunting Beach in practice calling him homophobic names. If that's the case, any leaders/vets on that team not stepping in aren't going to qualify for Zdeno Chara's "I've go the balls to stand up and say nobody eats shit on my team" club. Any vet or leader that allowed that to happen given the circumstances is total p***y-cat. If that's allowed.

We've been spoiled by extraordinary leadership on our ice. Chicago as a whole can f*** off. Especially that punk Kane -- always been a POS. Great hockey player but still a total POS in my book.

Reactions: GordonHowe

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think Freddy has been fine as the third line RW'er. He's figuring out how to be a productive, competent, every day NHL player. I wouldn't mess with the vibe he's got going right now with Coyle and Hall/Zacha.

I'm not sure what the Bruins need besides good health and fortune. This is as deep a Bruins team as I've ever seen in my 30+ years of watching the team. I guess if we had to find something, a 4th line player to platoon with Greer who's better than Smith would work. Funny, in years past I would have said Smith would be that type of player to help supercharge a 4th line, but he doesn't seem to have it this year.

Reactions: Alan Ryan

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Not possible?
It's not impossible. Would almost very likely require a third team to retain cap making the price go up.

I don't know how Boston is linked to any of them so it's a no comment from me. I will say all I've heard out of Chicago is neither has asked for a trade or been asked to submit teams they would accept a trade too. So, until that's happened, how can anyone be linked to them? Teams may be calling and asking. But at this point, that means nothing.

@DKH

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I’m not saying they do - I’m just saying that the bruins leadership group got so skewered on the Miller thing that even the hint of something controversial will have them steer clear

I don't want either of those two, especially Kane with his character issues. And I can't believe "Captain Serious" was ignorant of the abuse business.

A needless distraction. Let someone else pay through the nose.

Etcetera,

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
i hadn't checked up on Curtis Lazar in a while. Too bad he's signed 3 years (for us). I'd have taken him for a cup run as depth.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Summer 2023 any insight on the projection for Nolan Patrick? 6’2” center he seems to have crumbled since being drafted 2nd overall in 2017. RFA this summer. Out for the season with upper body injury.

Any untapped potential there? I’m of the mind of acquiring young cheap centers and hoping one or more pan out.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Summer 2023 any insight on the projection for Nolan Patrick? 6’2” center he seems to have crumbled since being drafted 2nd overall in 2017. RFA this summer. Out for the season with upper body injury.

Any untapped potential there? I’m of the mind of acquiring young cheap centers and hoping one or more pan out.
The don godfather? That you?

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Have to hope by the TDL some team needs a vet for depth, Smith could be moved in the last year of his deal.
Contenders have little cap space, there will be way better players than Smith on the market. His production is near zero.
Unless he makes a big turn around there is next ti zero chance you can unload Smith, just the facts.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Contenders have little cap space, there will be way better players than Smith on the market. His production is near zero.
Unless he makes a big turn around there is next ti zero chance you can unload Smith, just the facts.
The last part of your statement just isn't true. Every single NHL player can be dealt if the team is willing to pay the price. There are always teams willing to take on cap hits.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The last part of your statement just isn't true. Every single NHL player can be dealt if the team is willing to pay the price. There are always teams willing to take on cap hits.
No doubt, but I've just grown so tired of doing that dumb shit , it's not even an option for me.

We're not exactly loaded with prospects or picks for that matter so sorry if I don't get excited about giving either or both of those options just to get rid of a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad