Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Which can be found by swapping Zboril for Ahcan. Which is probably what they'll do.

Wouldn't Zboril need to be waived today then? If he's waived tomorrow then he wouldn't clear/be claimed until Wednesday, which does Boston no good for tomorrow nights game.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
not anymore in these cap days and picks are precious.
the whole league knows Bruins must shed cap. Why give up anything if you desire him he can be had for free.
And the corner Sweeney has painted himself into is getting smaller and smaller...........

Can we waive Jack Edwards?
I would love that, than he can go down to his basement and giggle himself silly............

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Is John Moore LTIRetired? Or is there a chance he plays? Wonder if Anaheim would do Reilly+5th+C level prospect for John Moore.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's weird - others and especially Dom have been saying all along that they need to clear $1.3M-$1.4M (depending on timeframe). But now, if you do CF's armchair GM thing, waiving Stralman gets them there.

There's something off and I'm not sure where.
I'm not going to pretend to know how CapFriendly's arm chair GM works. So I will ask you questions and your answer will determine if it is correct .

1) are the moves in the post above done as of today or the start of the season?
2) If they are done as of today, where is Stralman's cap hit of $254,054 for the time on the roster until 5 pm tomorrow?
3) Why is Reilly's cap hit showing as $1,875,000 instead of $2,033,108 for the time he spent on the roster?
4) Where is Studnicka's $70,068 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
5) Where is Kincaid's $56,757 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
6) Where is Renouf's $12,365 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
7) Where is Lauko's $90,874 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?

I feel like doing a mic drop lol

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
So im no sure about this but we need to send down Zboril and hope he is not picked up? Risky but I guess we have no other choice? We are not trading Reily unless we give a pick away and Im afraid it will be a high one.

Edit: I will admit i have no idea about how the cap works lol

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So im no sure about this but we need to send down Zboril and hope he is not picked up? Risky but I guess we have no other choice? We are not trading Reily unless we give a pick away and Im afraid it will be a high one.

Edit: I will admit i have no idea about how the cap works lol

you dont appear to save enough $.
risk losing him.
risk going with a short roster.
still need to move more $, I believe.

Reactions: lopey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm not going to pretend to know how CapFriendly's arm chair GM works. So I will ask you questions and your answer will determine if it is correct .

1) are the moves in the post above done as of today or the start of the season?
2) If they are done as of today, where is Stralman's cap hit of $254,054 for the time on the roster until 5 pm tomorrow?
3) Why is Reilly's cap hit showing as $1,875,000 instead of $2,033,108 for the time he spent on the roster?
4) Where is Studnicka's $70,068 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
5) Where is Kincaid's $56,757 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
6) Where is Renouf's $12,365 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?
7) Where is Lauko's $90,874 cap hit for the time he spent on the roster?

I feel like doing a mic drop lol
Look man I was defending you and what you’ve been saying. As I said above, I felt something was wrong with CF.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
It is a distraction....but also it isn't

We all know that he is a big part of the club. He won't be traded at the deadline.....zero chance if you ask me

IF Pasta walks... Sweeney probably should be fired lol. However my guess is that he has the backing of the Jacobs....because they would be the ones ultimately forking out the money
Oh I know he won't be traded, especially playing as well as we are. There will be a ton of talk though about his contract status and I do believe it will be a distraction for the team come the latter part of the season and playoffs. Hopefully they just get something done soon and we can all rest easy knowing he'll be part of the team long term. You know if it drags on it'll be in the back of every fans mind and I'm sure all of his teammates minds until it's resolved.

Reactions: rocketdan9

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know you were.

I also know how hard you are working to understand the cap and its workings and set up an opportunity for you to explain it to everyone. There's a flaw in the armchair GM. Now you just have to explain it.
Ok thanks. I don’t know how they calc that but yeah my guess was that they’re just adding up salaries not accounting for actual daily cap hits accrued throughout the year.

You have guys out there talking about it being because of Filipe and SOIR (lol) so it’s a mess and I want to be sure I understand it.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
1,637,500 is are current cap space today so don’t we just deduct what’s left on Forbort contact for this year as of tomorrow if he gets activated then ? Which is 2,205,405 left this year meaning we’re 567,905 over the cap

no idea if that’s right .lol but then you conclude what you save on Stralman contract by him clearing waivers or getting picked up.

ok my head is spinning

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Ok thanks. I don’t know how they calc that but yeah my guess was that they’re just adding up salaries not accounting for actual daily cap hits accrued throughout the year.

You have guys out there talking about it being because of Filipe and SOIR (lol) so it’s a mess and I want to be sure I understand it.

I haven't done a deep dive into it, but was hoping you would. But just glancing at the post that was above yours (I didn't actually go to CapFriendly) I noticed those partial cap hits were missing.

And now that I think about it, showing Reilly's cap hit of $1,875,000 instead of $2,033,108 goes to show that the transactions are at the start of the season and not as of today.

Anyway, I tagged CapFriendly in a tweet hoping they will respond (they usually do) to help calm the tidal waive of misinformation out there.

1,637,500 is are current cap space today so don’t we just deduct what’s left on Forbort contact for this year as of tomorrow if he gets activated then ?

no idea if that’s right .lol then you conclude what you save on Stralman contract by waiving or if he gets picked up off waivers

ok my head is spinning
$1,637,500 is LTIR space today. That disappears once Forbort is activated and the have to get under $82,500,000

Reactions: Gee Wally

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

BOSTON -
Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, November 28, that the team has placed defenseman Anton Stralman on waivers.

Stralman, 36, has appeared in eight games with the Bruins in 2022-23. The 5-foot-11, 193-pound defenseman has skated in 938 career NHL games with Arizona, Florida, Tampa Bay, N.Y. Rangers, Columbus and Toronto, totaling 63 goals and 230 assists for 293 points. The Tibro, Sweden native was originally selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the seventh round (216th overall) of the 2005 NHL Entry Draft.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
So then no mater what Forbort won’t be activated tomorrow unless there’s a trade bc they only waived one player today

Reactions: bbfan419

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So, the information I have was that the plan was to waive Craig Smith and the Bruins would be free and clear to activate Forbort.

However,

With Smith being injured, he can NOT be waived nor sent to Providence until cleared.

I trust this source implicitly

so dom, has a time deadline passed in order to waive someone else and be able to activate Forbort by game time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad