Boston Bruins ‘22-‘23 Bruins roster and trade proposals discussions. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So can someone explain to me how the Bruins are under the cap with McAvoy out there? Dom said according to his numbers they had to move our Reilly, Smith and more?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
So can someone explain to me how the Bruins are under the cap with McAvoy out there? Dom said according to his numbers they had to move our Reilly, Smith and more?

Ya was curious of the same. Or do we push something into next year?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
So will Reilly actually report to Providence now? Third time being sent down but now there's not cap to bring him back up.

Bruinsguy613

Jul 13, 2022
should the Bs pursue horvat this deadline or offseason? depending on the timing you could move carlo and another piece... what would horvats next contract look like? and is he going to be worth it if he wants 7.5M+

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
A trade has to happen and Sweeney desperately need something to come about to distract the fan base from the Mitchell Miller fiasco. Why not use the trade to upgrade on Carlo? Personally his injury history worrys me and I dont trust his health and game holding up in the playoffs. Another reason is that his m-ntc kicks in next season and you are limited in the teams you can trade him to.

The player I would target is Rasmus Andersson from the Flames.

Same age, right handed, almost the same cap but a more complete player whos offensive came into his own recently and who had less problems with injuries. He definitely would be an upgrade over Carlo. I read recently that the managment in Calgary thinks that they still have great players but they are lacking chemistry. They are also thin on the third and fourth rw position and probably want to upgrade here. Maybe this convince them to make a trade with Boston.

The trade I could see:

Carlo + Smith + a third 23' for Andersson + Lewis.

Retain on Smith to make the cap work.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Forbort put on LTIR
No, I never said that. I said Smith OR Rielly.

Bruins Cap.PNG

To become compliant, they have to move out $1,935,595 to activate Forbort. $660,811 of that will become available when Kincaid is sent down after Swayman is cleared.

CapFriendly has the number at $1,935,581. I'm not sure why the $14 difference.

PuckPedia was at $2.11 million. I know where their error was and let them know.

EDIT: I found the difference with Cap Friendly. I made a $13 error in calculating Reilly's buried cap hit. I'm not going to look for the dollar difference though.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
They could get under the cap with some player juggling. Would probably involve waiving Frederic, Zboril and Strålman(and Kinkaid) and bringing in cheaper guys like Steen or Lauko and Ahcan.

loosemoose

May 31, 2020

Rasmus Andersson is their #1 defenceman on a sweetheart deal so good luck with that offer. Maybe add three more 1st round picks would and they wouldn't immediately throw the phone out of a window.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
A trade has to happen and Sweeney desperately need something to come about to distract the fan base from the Mitchell Miller fiasco. Why not use the trade to upgrade on Carlo? Personally his injury history worrys me and I dont trust his health and game holding up in the playoffs. Another reason is that his m-ntc kicks in next season and you are limited in the teams you can trade him to.

Same age, right handed, almost the same cap but a more complete player whos offensive came into his own recently and who had less problems with injuries. He definitely would be an upgrade over Carlo. I read recently that the managment in Calgary thinks that they still have great players but they are lacking chemistry. They are also thin on the third and fourth rw position and probably want to upgrade here. Maybe this convince them to make a trade with Boston.

The trade I could see:

The Bruins should stand pat and not move on that proposal...............And I am not including a pick in that deal........Smith still scored 16 goals last year, Lewis scored 22 goals in the last 5 years ,and he is older , and I know the cap will be thrown out there ,but just does not work for me.....

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Trent Frederic produces at a pretty good clip 5 on 5 and is 3rd on the team in +\- yet people still want to act like he’s playing like it’s the first half of last season because they’re salty he got picked in the first round. Almost rooting for his failure. Sad!!!!

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
They could get under the cap with some player juggling. Would probably involve waiving Frederic, Zboril and Strålman(and Kinkaid) and bringing in cheaper guys like Steen or Lauko and Ahcan.
None of this will happen.

It’s moving Reilly or Smith. Or both if they want to bank space. It’s a matter of how much it costs for a sweetener added to make it happen.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Frederic with least amount of ice time 8 minutes. Nosek 7/14 at the dot with 14 minutes ice time.

Frederic is playing better but he doesn't play pk or pp ... He's easily replaceable if traded. I take MacLovin over him in a heartbeat. He can at least play pk.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes the guy with 2 points in 12 AHL games is a better fit than Frederic, who is producing twice as much at the nhl level

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Yes the guy with 2 points in 12 AHL games is a better fit than Frederic, who is producing twice as much at the nhl level
Yes, the guy we watched seemingly fit in last year and this pre-season. He's proven he can play in the NHL. McLovin has more speed, proven he can score NHL, and like I said earlier plays PK.

Frederic is the low man on the ladder now...if he isn't playing pk or pp he's next to go.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad