Speculation: Райан О'Рейли: In Soviet Ontario Offer Sheets Sign You; Rayan's 3rd Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
It now really looks like the decision is forced between Stastny and ROR, and ROR will be the one to go. At least we now know.

Some options in the East (no real thought of value just ideas, Avs would have to add in a number):
Eller + Beaulieu (this would really suck)
Kulikov + Bjustad (I'm okay with this)
Green/Alzner/Carlson + Kuznetsov
Galchenyuk + Emelin
Del Zotto + Kreider
Strome + Hamonic
I would literally **** myself if we get any of those packages, save for the Habs one that I'm not crazy about.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
It now really looks like the decision is forced between Stastny and ROR, and ROR will be the one to go. At least we now know.

Some options in the East (no real thought of value just ideas, Avs would have to add in a number):
Galchenyuk + Emelin
Del Zotto + Kreider
Strome + Hamonic

Boy you will be disappointed.
I expect the return at best to be along the lines of Eller + Beaulieu and if i had any say I would fire everyone who contributed to this trade.

Prepare for a giant fleecing.
Those other deals were favoring the Avs and that will simply not happen.

@ Freudian:
I am not so sure. I think he will walk on us. We better hope that we tank it hard. We might need MacKinnon more than we do Jones...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh yeah, I'd ask for Cowen too, and he's a major stud, but he's already had two pretty major injuries in his short career, and I think that's a concern.

I think Wiercioch will have a nice career as a top 4 defenseman who is real good on the PP.

How about ceci, would the sens be willing to trade him?

Dammmmmnnnnnnn, now that is sexy.

I know but it's a pipe dream. I would do ROR for Carlson straight up. Although, I really like my 2nd deal more and more, anyone want to post it on the main board and get flamed for me?:D

KOOLAIDMAN

Nov 14, 2005
Providence, RI
I highly doubt that anything we get back for O'Reily will make Avs fans happy. I am preparing for the same disgusted feeling I had when reading about the Drury trade.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Wiercioch has been super impressive this season, but I still have my doubts. I would rather go after Cowen and get less talented forward.

Picture a future defensive core of,

Cowen - EJ
Siemens - Elliott
Wilson - Barrie

In their primes.

Didn't he have some sort of major ACL/MCL type of injury in his draft year? Something like that, and a hip injury that is keeping him out all year, kind of scares me with him, only that if he came to the Avs, with our injury luck, he'd be forced to retire before even suiting up for a game.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I highly doubt that anything we get back for O'Reily will make Avs fans happy. I am preparing for the same disgusted feeling I had when reading about the Drury trade.
At least we got Derek Morris who was a great prospect (and a good top four defensmen for a long time). I expect one great prospect, and a bunch of crap.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Boy you will be disappointed.
I expect the return at best to be along the lines of Eller + Beaulieu and if i had any say I would fire everyone who contributed to this trade.

Prepare for a giant fleecing.
Those other deals were favoring the Avs and that will simply not happen.

@ Freudian:
I am not so sure. I think he will walk on us. We better hope that we tank it hard. We might need MacKinnon more than we do Jones...

Notice in my post I said no real thought of value and the Avs would have to add. No way just ROR brings back two pieces that good alone.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Prediction: Avs fans is going to be sick to their stomachs when they see the contract O'Reilly signs with another team, if he is traded.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Unless we get back a #2 potential center or draft MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, or Monahan. Still point taken.

Yup, I thought of that as soon I heard the news. Best case scenario ROR for orlov+ mojo, draft Drouin and trade Stastny for a top 4 defender.

Drouin-Duchene-pap
Landy-Mojo-Downie

Orlov-EJ

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I believe Bjugstad is more untouchable than Kuznetsov as we speak. Nick is going to be that good.

Again Subban anyone?

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!

Galchenyuk + Emelin
Del Zotto + Kreider
Strome + Hamonic

I would crap my pants if we got a single one of most of these guys.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Even though Dater, Kypreos, and others have been saying it for a while, I didn't want to believe it but it now looks like O'Reilly is done here. If McKenzie says it, then it means it's going to happen.

Very disappointing that we're going to lose one of our best players over this BS. I doubt any team will give up a good young center so that ends our hopes of having the center position set for a long time to come. Duchene will be great for us but Stastny is done so eventually we'll need two new centers to play behind Duchene.

I've liked the trades Sherman has made so I think he can get us a good return but I don't care who we get back, they completely ****ed this whole thing up. At this point it seems like the only way Lacroix is leaving is if he dies or Kroenke sells the team.

KOOLAIDMAN

Nov 14, 2005
Providence, RI
Didnt the Drury trade net us the draft pick that turned into Paul Stastny?

The Avs got a second round pick from Phoenix in the Morris trade which turned out to be Stastny...but we are in the "middle" of a rebuild now. We have had flashes where it looked like the team was starting to come together (When Stewy/Stastny/Gali were clicking comes to mind, or when Downie came over last year and O'Reilly and Landy were shining.

Losing O'Reilly now is going to be another setback in the "rebuild".

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I had a feeling O'Reilly didn't want to be here, and McKenzie said people think he asked out. The Avs and O'Reilly's camp not confirming or denying that means that's probably the case.

Sorry, but if someone doesn't want to be on the team, then I'm done with them. The two year deal the Avs have offered is more than fair.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Congratulations to Paul Stastny I guess. He'll get a new contract for over $6M/year.

That's a scary thought.

Prediction: Avs fans is going to be sick to their stomachs when they see the contract O'Reilly signs with another team, if he is traded.

People here can keep saying the Avs have offered him a fair deal all they want, he'll be well worth whatever deal he signs with his new team and the Avs will end up looking like idiots. Stubborn, arrogant, and cheap ass ****ers setting this team even further back.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Even though Dater, Kypreos, and others have been saying it for a while, I didn't want to believe it but it now looks like O'Reilly is done here. If McKenzie says it, then it means it's going to happen.

Very disappointing that we're going to lose one of our best players over this BS. I doubt any team will give up a good young center so that ends our hopes of having the center position set for a long time to come. Duchene will be great for us but Stastny is done so eventually we'll need two new centers to play behind Duchene.

I've liked the trades Sherman has made so I think he can get us a good return but I don't care who we get back, they completely ****ed this whole thing up. At this point it seems like the only way Lacroix is leaving is if he dies or Kroenke sells the team.

This! Partly why I don't expect the roster player to be a or even close #2C. It will either be a young #3/4 that will be a solid 3 in time.

I expect: Solid #3 + D prospect for ROR + Depth defensemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad