Speculation: Райан О'Рейли: In Soviet Ontario Offer Sheets Sign You; Rayan's 3rd Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Mckenzie says there's been talk O'Reilly has asked for a trade, and neither the Avs or O'Reilly's camp will confirm or deny that.

He says now there's talk they're considering trading him, and Dreger confirms they're considering trading him to the East. He says it's ugly, and the expectation of return is a roster player and a top prospect.

Came to post this.

davpower

Oct 28, 2011
Quebec city
Darren dreger on 1st intermission between habs - bolt

Eastern team gm said the avs are looking for a roster player and a top prospect for o'reilly

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Mckenzie says there's been talk O'Reilly has asked for a trade, and neither the Avs or O'Reilly's camp will confirm or deny that.

He says now there's talk they're considering trading him, and Dreger confirms they're considering trading him to the East. He says it's ugly, and the expectation of return is a roster player and a top prospect.

If they're going to trade him, and not get another 1st rounder in what many are calling a "deep draft" I would expect this to be the return in that case. I just wonder why position players they want for both the "roster player" and "top prospect"

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If they're going to trade him, and not get another 1st rounder in what many are calling a "deep draft" I would expect this to be the return in that case. I just wonder why position players they want for both the "roster player" and "top prospect"

#3C and top pairing D potential prospect :dunno:

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Subban and Galchunyk? :sarcasm:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yup, that was interesting. I honestly thought they were just going to recycle news old info but this was an eye opener. For those who missed bobby Mac usually posts a link on twitter right after.

My thoughts on Ryan, is that he was pushing for a trade but didn't want to ask for one and now he just got fed up and asked for one. This really sucks, it's a Shame they let this thing get this far. It's embarrassing like islanders or Tampa late 90's embarrassing. I hope the roster player is defenseman and top prospect is a centermen.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
When I hear "Top Prospect" I can't help but either think of a Prospect that's playing in the NHL right now, in either his first or 2nd year, or someone who is HIGHLY touted in an organization. For instance, I don't know who this "Orlov" is on Washington, could someone fill me in? Would people actually consider him a "Top Prospect"?

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I think something worked around with Florida is most likely, with Winnipeg an outside shot, only because they won't be in the East as soon as next year.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll toss out Zibanejad and Wiercioch as my guess. Sens are sinking fast without Spezza offensively.

Wiercioch has been super impressive this season, but I still have my doubts. I would rather go after Cowen and get less talented forward.

Picture a future defensive core of,

Cowen - EJ
Siemens - Elliott
Wilson - Barrie

In their primes.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'll toss out Zibanejad and Wiercioch as my guess. Sens are sinking fast without Spezza offensively.

I really like zbad but wiercioch I have no interest in.

When I hear "Top Prospect" I can't help but either think of a Prospect that's playing in the NHL right now, in either his first or 2nd year, or someone who is HIGHLY touted in an organization. For instance, I don't know who this "Orlov" is on Washington, could someone fill me in? Would people actually consider him a "Top Prospect"?

Orlov is a top prospect and he's played in the NHL before but he's hurt right now ( doesnt he sound like an av?) he's PMD that can shoot.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Wiercioch has been super impressive this season, but I still have my doubts. I would rather go after Cowen and get less talented forward.

Picture a future defensive core of,

Cowen - EJ
Siemens - Elliott
Wilson - Barrie

In their primes.
Oh yeah, I'd ask for Cowen too, and he's a major stud, but he's already had two pretty major injuries in his short career, and I think that's a concern.

I think Wiercioch will have a nice career as a top 4 defenseman who is real good on the PP.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
if the price is right trade him, but only if it's for a top prospect, a pick and a solid player. use him like Eric Lindros. yes i know Lindros was considered to be a once in a generation type. i meant the impact of the return.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It now really looks like the decision is forced between Stastny and ROR, and ROR will be the one to go. At least we now know.

Some options in the East (no real thought of value just ideas, Avs would have to add in a number):
Eller + Beaulieu (this would really suck)
Kulikov + Bjustad (I'm okay with this)
Green/Alzner/Carlson + Kuznetsov
Galchenyuk + Emelin
Del Zotto + Kreider
Strome + Hamonic

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Congratulations to Paul Stastny I guess. He'll get a new contract for over $6M/year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->